Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-14-2024, 11:59 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Approach The Monolith (with a very special guest)
benjamincrane Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Tweener/Neutral

(crowd reaction varies; dips between face & heel)

02-27-2013, 12:54 AM

(camera comes one with the trademark monolith in the ring but Benjamin Crane is nowhere to be found)

(but then hie music hits)

(usually wearing the black venom hoodie, instead Crane comes out wearing a long, black robe)

[Image: thu182_space_rug_black0648.jpg]

(he makes his way slowly to the ring, walks up the steps, enters between the ropes, and then is handed a microphone)

(he looks around the crowd and then throws off his hood)

Crane: I know, this is weird. All of you are wondering what's going on. Everybody's saying ol' Ben Crane has completely lost it again. But don't worry I'm about to explain. See, when I came back I came back to professional wrestling it was my intention of saving this business. Because, we've all seen how it's gradually eroded into pure, unwatchable crap. What I believed it needed was the veteran guys like me to come in and show these youngsters how it's supposed to be done. How we used to do it. Hence, approach the monolith and evolve.

And hey, the time i've been here I feel like things have changed. Maybe I did make a difference. I have made guys better. But sadly, this old body just doesn't have the time left to keep going at this pace so therefore it is time for the Monolith himself to evolve. And so as it has been foretold in the prophecies, the time of Blackest Night has now befallen me and the XWF.

You see, I WANTED to save this business but it's very clear that it's beyond saving. It just will never be the same. So now it comes down to me to end it. All of it. Death to the sport of professional wrestling at MY hands. I will kill this industry and wipe it clean from this Earth. Forever. Who would be sad about that? Who would miss it? What are we gonna do when John Cena isn't in another title match? What will we do when we can't watch Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff piss away the proud tradiition TNA worked so hard to establish? The fact is, we're fighting a losing battle. We can't win. Every one of us here at XWF is just sinking with the ship.. But I am here to end it all. To end your suffering.

However, being the big comic book nerd that I am, I will give you all a chance to rise up and save what you love. Yes, even in the time of Blackest Night there must be.....hope.

(suddenly a man in a blue costume is lowered down from the rafters of the builiding into the ring)

[Image: 2785778.jpg]

(as this masked superhero begins taking off his harness Crane continues to talk)

Crane: Everyone THIS is your HOPE! This is......WONDERBOY!!!

Wonderboy: (is handed a mic) Uh, are we really settled on "Wonderboy?"

Crane: Yes we are! You see, I took a wrong turn on my here to the show and I found this young man who just happened to be a student at a local wrestling school. I took this as a sign that I was take him under my wing and teach him greatness. So, now we are to be the Monolith and Wonderboy!

WonderBoy: I'm a little confused, boss. You just said you were gonna kill professional wrestling and that I'm it's hope? Then why are you gonna train me?

Crane: Oh Wonderboy, that's how the story always goes! The master trains his apprentice and eventually that apprentice will turn on him. Just as you will do to me.

WonderBoy: So you're gonna teach me only to have me turn on you at some point?

Crane: Of course! I told you that if you agreed to become my apprentice you would do everything I say. And you will. Until you feel that you've learned everything you can from me, until you think I've taken you as far as you can go and then you'll want to break away and go on your own quest.

WonderBoy: So I am to learn from you, help you to reach your "next level" and in return you will make me a pro wrestler?

Crane: Yes. And when the time comes where I have the very existence of XWF in the palm of my hand, it will be YOU who will have to stand up to me and save it because having learned from me, you will be the only one who can.

WonderBoy: Ok, cool. I think i understand. So when's my first match?

Crane: (laughs) No, no, dear boy. For now you watch. You may wear the costume but you don't know what it is to be a hero yet. No for now you will watch me become the villain and you will learn what it is to be a villain so that when the time comes, you can destroy said villain and finally become the hero I mean for you to be. For example, tonight I am in a match with three other individuals. All of whom are worthy of becoming the number one contender for the US Title. But being the villain I am, I will TAKE this opportunity from them for myself. Because I can not kill this company from the bottom, I have to do it from the top. And you have to help me get there. Once we achieve this goal? Then you and I will do battle for the life of XWF itself. So learn all you can from me because the very future of XWF lies in your hands.

WonderBoy: (bows) Yes, Master Crane.

Crane: No, from now on I am Lord Monolith the grim reaper of XWF. I yield the Black power of Death...(Crane extends his closed hand in front of Wonderboy and opens it to show a blue ring) but you will yield the Blue power of HOPE!

(Wonderboy takes the ring from Crane's hand and puts it on)

Crane: I will KILL the XWF.

WonderBoy: No, Lord Monolith, ALL WILL BE WELL!

(Crane smiles)
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes benjamincrane's post:
(02-27-2013)