Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-17-2024, 11:36 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Anarchy Special" RP Board
Quis Ego Sum II - Chapter 1 - ...They Come Flooding Back
The Linguist Offline
Linguini Maximus Isaac

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

02-08-2014, 09:35 AM

"In this bright future you can't forget your past."
-Bob Marley (Musician)

As some people who know me may have guessed at this point in time - besides from the fact that I have indeed outright said it on occasion - all of my life my main focus, my main goal, has always been that of the pursuit of knowledge. The change to broaden my understanding of the inner-most workings of anything and everything in the world. For as long as I can remember, this has been the main focus of my horrendously short time to breathe, to be, and to live. The chance to know everything I can. If I could, I would want to know everything I possibly could. I so desperately want to know what so little people would even know or to even begin to comprehend hundreds, if not thousands of years into the future.

The ever infinite endeavour to answer such a simple and otherwise rather mundane question: Why? Why anything? Why this, why that? Why... everything?

I know I will not come to understand the answers to these questions. By the time I have passed, I doubt anyone will. But I could be wrong, and I do hope that I am. Believe me.

However, I do know the cause. That is, the cause of me wanting to understand everything I possibly can, despite how our minds can hardly comprehend anything that is within the thousands or larger. I guess I'm just a wishful thinker, but at least I can come to terms with reality all the while.

No, the fact that I am always so focused on a goal that so few in the world share with me stems from a young age, and quite a small-scale rendition of this... long-term goal.

As I have said previously, I was born as Linguini Andrew Williams to a mother who was a biologist, and a father who was a coach for several boxers. Although my father's job would consist of him touring the country more than just staying in one place, he chose to change his focus and instead open a boxing school in the town of Calais, where we had taken residence. As you can tell, both of my parents had worked in two very different career paths, and while I doubt it truly affects society, each other, or indeed their job applications, it did puzzle me as a child.

I wasn't always one for knowledge, you see. I have previously been told that as a young child I was quite the troublemaker, an accusation I can neither confirm nor deny because of how, like I have stated before, I cannot remember much of my very young life. Still, though, these two differing career paths that my parents were following was to be the catalyst that had spurred my... 'lust' for knowledge.

Whenever I feel my mind wander back to this tale, I always feel that I had had a sense of stubbornness about me, something that some might say I still have an air of even today, because it always seemed that I would want to know something, even if others didn't really deem it necessary, or even acceptable. This is a case of the former, however.

I wanted to know everything I possibly could about either of my parents application. I wanted to know... well, I wanted to know everything and anything.

I must admit that even thinking about revisiting these memories in my mind is giving me a nice grin across my lips. That is; thinking back to the days of most ignorance during my youth. I was only about seven or eight years of age about this time as well, young enough to only be in the first few years of school, and yet I'm quite proud that my wanting of knowledge and logic stems out that far.

It does, in fact, seem like the memories are flooding back...

My Record:
4-0-1

W-D-L

Looking to win the Nuclear Winter Series
1x Ark of the Covenant Champion
[Image: W3lLgYF.jpg]

Banner made by Dr. Zero.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like The Linguist's post:
(02-11-2014), Wyatt Reynolds (02-09-2014)