Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 09-20-2024, 08:52 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Insurance Policy
Maverick Offline
With Fire in My Soul, I Return.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

10-04-2014, 03:40 PM

It was but a cold, and brisk night. Amongst the darkened streets, filled with the occasional passerby going to the local nightclub was none other than Maverick. He had figured that it was time to celebrate amongst the people of the world following a hard- fought win against Dwight K. Schrute, along with what will be a pre- celebration with two inevitable wins against the Kliq, Michael McBride, and John Samuels this week. He had abandoned his cameraman at home, leaving him to make sure the gym building was going smoothly without Maverick.

Maverick did occasionally take a nighttime stroll through the streets. It was a nice way for him to clear his mind. Normally, he did this the night right before he left on his flight to go to the sight of the next show for the XWF.

Finally getting to his destination, Maverick stepped inside the doors, and breathed in the largely stained scent of alcohol. The DJ was on her turntables, playing the local hit songs, and occasionally did her own remixes.

So. He thought. This is the club life. The pounding noise, the bartender serving drinks with theatrics, the dance floor littered with people. I can see why people often flock to it.

Deciding to get his night started off with some drinks, Maverick hopped on the stool, and asked for whatever the bartender chose. A few moments later, the bartender returned, an amber liquid filled in the cup.

BARTENDER: Here ya go, Jack Daniels. One of the best drinks we got here.

Maverick paused for a moment, before he accepted the drink from the bartender. He sighed, then raised the alcohol to his lips, the warm Jack Daniels falling like water off a ridge down his throat. As much as he wanted to like it, he couldn't. Jack Daniels was the brand of the glass bottle Vinnie hit on him to knock him out and go for the pin on him.

Deciding anything would be better than going down Nightmare Lane (pun intended) once more, Maverick politely asked for another drink, but choose a different brand this time. And but a few moments later, the bartender returned, this time with a Coors Light.

Maverick had a few shots of those, then rose to his feet, feeling slightly tipsy. It was the other main reason Maverick didn't want to drive his car here, getting tipsy and breaking the law by driving. As the Avatar of Perfection rose to his feet, to give dancing a possible try, he heard giggling to his right. He decided to peek over there, where he saw three girls sitting at a booth. One had raven- black hair, one was a blonde, and the last one being a mixture of the two with dirty- blonde hair. The one with blonde hair was beckoning Maverick over. He decided to comply, sitting at the booth with the three girls, with the one with raven- black hair looking like she wanted to go home and hide. Finally, the blonde one, obviously drunk, spoke.

DRUNK GIRL: Oh, hhheyy. You- You're that Maverick guy, riiight? Hic- From- from that show, the XWF?

MAVERICK: Well, you found the right person. What can I do for you?

At this, the raven- hair girl groaned and sank into her seat. Evidently, she knew I'd be sticking around.

DRUNK GIRL: Well, my friend wanted to meeeet you, but she's- hic- too damn- hic- shy for her own good.

At this, she gestured to the raven- haired girl, who only sank further in her seat in shame.

DRUNK GIRL: Her name is- ironically- Raven. Probably named that for her- hic- for her hair. And the other girl's name, the one over there, her name's- hic- her name's Charlotte.

MAVERICK: Pleasure to meet you both. And your name is?

DRUNK GIRL: Hey, ya- hic- ya know what? I bet ya Frodo and X-Pac were right- hic- right in that your're a liar.

Maverick was about to take his leave as Raven sank further and further into her seat, but then the other girl- Charlotte- spoke up.

CHARLOTTE: Don't mind Sandra, she's just really, really drunk.

MAVERICK: Well, I suppose I can forgive her for that then, I'm a bit tipsy myself.

SANDRA: Hey, Raven- hic- you can actually get laid! He's drunk too, just like me! HAHA- hic- HAHA!

Upon this, Raven sat up, and tried to at least get involved in the conversation. Sandra was wrong, apparently, as she didn't make any sexual advances towards Maverick. Since Raven sat up, Maverick actually did get a good look at her. She looked like she had a semi- large bust. As for her butt, it was fairly large- in fact- it was the largest of all three of the girls. And thankfully, she did look like she was 21. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, she spoke.

RAVEN: Forgive Sandra, she must have her head so far up her ass right now, she's bound to puke it up sometime or another.

Albeit, that actually did get a chuckle out of me. I didn't think Raven was capable of such attempts at humor, since she was silent the whole time. Sandra rolled her eyes, then piped up.

SANDRA: C'mon, Charlotte, let's give these two- hic- some personal time.

Upon that, Sandra dragged Charlotte away to the dance floor, leaving me and a blushing Raven alone.

MAVERICK: Soooo.....

A few hours later...

Maverick hopped out of the nightclub with a pep in his step. Things had gone out wonderfully with Raven. He got her number, there were going to go to a date next Friday- all was well.

A few minutes of walking down the night fallen- street, he heard a voice to his left.

UNKNOWN: Oy. Stop right where ye're at, or we'll kill ye right now.

Upon this, Maverick turned around, where he saw three people in thick winter coats, smoking a cigarette, with their eyes fixed on him.

Filthy muggers... the Avatar of Perfection thought. Maverick stayed silent, while the three muggers surrounded him, knives out and at the ready.

MUGGER: Now then. Drop all ye valuables, and we can make this nice and quick.

Staying silent, Maverick eyed the three muggers closing the gap between him and them. He knew he could take one of them any day, two, maybe if he wasn't tipsy, but three? No way.

He thought he heard two loud pop sounds, but since the muggers didn't hear him, he ignored them..., until he saw two very distinct figures beating down two of the three muggers with steel pipes. Just as the final mugger was about to stick his knife in the slightly larger of the two's neck, Maverick caught his arm, and thrusted his hand against the muggers elbow, not stopping until hearing the satisfying pop. Finally, Maverick turned to the two brothers, and spoke.

MAVERICK: Where the fuck were you two last week? I had to go against Schrute alone. He wouldn't have been a problem on his own, but Shane made fucking Pac as the guest ref. I was certain he was going to interfere, but then the Pest came down to save the day, even if I was forced to eat a powerbomb. Not to mention, you two made me look like an idiot, since I was saying you two got held up in a blizzard in Greenland, but it turns out they got temperature up in the damned 80's over there, not to mention we gotta get you two buffoons registered in as my managers... ugh...

LEON CAGE: Gee, boss, we just save ya damn life, and ya go off on a tangent? Anyway, it felt like it was a blizzard to us, so that's what we said.

MAVERICK: ... I'm ashamed to know you two. Still, your size and power will keep people like Diesel, the Kliq, Loverboy, Shades, etc. off my ass this Monday and Thursday. And wait... Is that one of my cameramen?

DUSTIN CAGE: Yep, sure is boss. We decided to check ya home first, but ya weren't there. We found this cameraman loungin' around, so we decided to take him in case ya wanted to do somethin' like a promo.

MAVERICK: Ugh, I suppose your right. I did want to speak my mind about my two opponents this coming Warfare. Walk with me, fellas.

And so they did. The cameraman was right alongside Maverick, keeping his camera trained on Maverick, while Maverick's Insurance Policy still held the steel pipes, while looking menacing in the background.

MAVERICK: So now. Keeping to be undefeated at 2-0, and making a statement by interfering in the Universal Championship match last week, I thought I might have been getting a more serious challenger, or challengers, mind you, but who do I get? Some two returning has-beens that I haven't even HEARD of, let alone consider a threat, in a triple threat, ironically. You see, it's going to go without question that I will win in a swift match- especially now that I really DO have my Insurance Policy here to back me up in case intruders arrive, which seems highly likely. And so, another week with two more wins in the books to guest reffing a match on Madness, and War Games on Warfare. And then from there, I'll take ANY kind of title opportunity- be it X-treme, Television, Universal, hopefully the Tag belts with Scully, you name it. Hell, I wouldn't even mind a shot at whatever the hell Guppy's belt is called. But I suppose it starts on Monday; a flawless win against the Kliq, and then Wednesday, with a swift, effortless victory against Michael McBride and John Samuels. And I suppose I have made it home, so this is where our paths end for now, so ta- ta until next time.

1x Hart Champion
1x Tag Team Champion
1x Xtreme Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post