Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 09-21-2024, 03:13 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Why Me?
Aaron Underwood Offline
The Recruiter of the Higher Power

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

12-15-2014, 03:31 PM

I knew there was going to be trouble from that very first note. I knew there was hell to be rained down. I knew my life would change forever.

All because of that dirty blackmailer.

You must follow my demands, Mister Underwood.

I'm being forced to do things I don't want to do. I'm being brought into worlds that I'm a foreigner to.

All because of that dirty blackmailer.

Because if you don't, you will lose the two things you just so happen to call precious more than anything else in this world.

Those two precious things just so happen to be my girlfriend, Samantha, or just Sam for short, and my foster daughter, Alice. They are what keeps me going every day. Generic, I know, but that is my story, after all.

Now then, now that we have the threat out of the way, let's go over what you need to do to prevent it.

When I find out who this Grade- A asshole is- IF I manage to find out who this Grade- A asshole is- then he will have hell to pay. For now, however, I'll have to stick with acting weird to my family, and complying to this douche.

All due to one threat.

You see, there is a wrestling federation I'm sure you are familiar with- the XWF.

Of course I'm familiar with the XWF. Anybody who knows me knows I'm a huge pro wrestling fan. When I was a wee lad in the 90's, I always defied my mom's orders and went to bed watching Monday Night Nitro or Raw- depending on which one I was wanting to watch- and Thursday Night Smackdown. I live, breath, eat, and sleep pro wrestling. But, you see, despite the fact this asshole is threatening to kill the two most precious things in my life, he did bring some positive things. For one, I'd probably not get the idea to actually join the pro wrestling circuit.

Oops, spoiled the next line.

You NEED to join them. You will be my puppet, raining down hell and brimstone, crushing whoever stands in your way.

Now, of course, I didn't want to play the puppet, but of course, it's either my pride, or my family. So, I swallowed my pride, and decided to protect my family.

You will make your debut on the December 10th edition of Wednesday Night Warfare, in the Main Event, between the Three Kings and the Asylum for the Trios titles.

My eyes bulged. A chance to be with my six most favorite wrestlers, on the Main Event, no less? Don't get me wrong, while I should be angry and shaking my fists at this asshole, which I am, mind you, I am grateful that he did give me this idea. You see, I'm kinda a fanboy, for both the Three Kings and the Asylum. And so a chance to be out there on the big stage, with the big boys? Well, I’m not sure you can imagine the torrent of emotions and thoughts I’m being subjected to.

And if you fail to make an impact? If you fail to knock out the Three Kings? Boom.

Ah, straight and to the point.

That was… approximately a week ago now. When I saw John Madison go Super- Maddy and break up the pin fall on dear Theodore, I thought it was the end. That my quest to save my family would be over before it began. Therefore, I’m sure you can imagine my surprise as I walk in the door and see Sam and Alice still very much alive.

I walk in, ghostly pale, and see Sam rushing up. What’s wrong, she will say, as she walks me to my bed. Unfortunately for me, I’m actually extremely ill. It seems as though I actually caught a case of the flu, just catching a stray bit of it. It is likely, however, if I didn’t go to Warfare, I wouldn’t have caught the flu.

Goddamn that dirty blackmailer.

As I step into the ruined cathedral that the servants of the Higher Power claim as their home, I realize my breath is failing me. I knew seeing from their promos that their cathedral to the Higher Power was something else, even before Woe wrecked it, and perhaps, maybe even while it was on fire, but to see it in person?

Amazing.

I want to stop, I want to drink in all the gorgeous architecture of the cathedral, but my guide, the Frodo Swagkins, is pushing me along to where Hysteria awaits. I knew if I said that this wasn’t the real me, that I’m being blackmailed to do this, that despite the gorgeous architecture, I’d rather be home, I knew if I said just that, I’d be outnumbered, and in a bad way. So I had to come up with something- anything, or I’d be toast. And fast.

“AARON UNDERWOOD! The Higher Power is impressed with your work and your dedication to the lifestyle! We are impressed and look forward to seeing you move forward in this Family. Now… swear your allegiance to The Power on High!”

Well, looks like break time’s over. I look up at Hysteria, or more like his mask, and I knew I had to make these next words count.

"O Mighty Higher Power, I humbly request you take me with you at your side. If you allow me to join your ranks, you will be gaining a man who can spread word around and gain followers to you faster than it took the others to beat down the prat, Justin Sane. Recruit me, O Mighty Higher Power, and I can assure you, there will not be a soul left standing on this Earth who does not believe in you."

Hysteria seems satisfied, as he chuckles, before raising his arms to the sky. Then again, isn’t Hysteria always chuckling? A few seconds pass before he says- “He has spoken! He say-”

And then the ceremony is interrupted, for a cat comes in. Yes, you heard me right, an actual, bon- a- fide talking cat. And not like one of those pathetic cat videos either, heart- warming and funny as they may be. This was an actual cat who had the ability to talk.

So after that little incident, the cat- who’s name is Chairman Meow by the way, Hysteria turns to me once more.

“Mr. Underwood. The Higher Power has instructed me to give you the name of… THE RECRUITER!”

I silently gave a sigh from within. I had managed to fool Hysteria, the Asylum, and the Higher Power that I’m dedicated to this- for now. I only hope I can keep this act up.

But, my reprieve is interrupted once more, as Hysteria says, “It’s time we had a little discussion about the elephant in the room. We have a weak link amongst us.”

I silently watched in wonder. A weak link? That can’t be right. Isn’t the Asylum like a well- oiled machine? That their faith to the Higher Power make them like brothers? My pondering gets muddled further, as Hysteria continues. “As I was saying. We have a weak link. A coward. An… embarrassment. Only this embarrassment is worse than the predictable nature of that diabetes-ridden fool standing opposite of me on Wednesday. You may have picked up on the conspicuous absence of one of our senior members of The Asylum. The Martyr.”

There’s no way. Mickey Manson? One of the founding members of the Asylum, along with Hysteria? The whole idea seemed to be blasphemous. He’s as faithful as Hysteria himself. He’s- he’s…

He’s gone. A few seem to take note in this revelation too alongside me, while Hysteria continues. I’ll spare you through his speech, since he also goes through it in his own promo. Turns out, Mickey didn’t want to come- simply because he did not feel like it. The fact I wasn’t worth much to him, even if I’m not even being myself doing this, it just makes a pit in my stomach.

And the cherry on top? The Higher Power doesn’t just want our dear Martyr exiled. He wants him dead.

Well, that does it for me. There has to be some way I can make an olive branch between Manson and the rest of the Asylum, without making things seem I’m turning traitor not even five minutes after I’m inducted. I’m going to have to swallow my pride once more, because an… shall I say innocent? Let’s go with that. Because an innocent man’s life is now on the line.
Edit Hate Post Like Post

Messages In This Thread
Why Me? - by Aaron Underwood - 12-15-2014, 03:31 PM