Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-24-2024, 10:11 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » News, Rumors, Hype, etc...
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archie Lawson names his picks for his "Power 10"
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-09-2013, 09:45 AM

(08-09-2013, 09:37 AM)Ricky Desmond Said:
(08-09-2013, 07:57 AM)Administrator Said: I always appreciate an initiative to highlight good performers but I also want to mention that the XWF abandoned rankings systems like this long ago because they became more trouble than they're worth. The basic formula that led to this discovery was this:

A. People started actually taking the slots too seriously and would be insulted if they appeared lower on the list than they expected to be, even if just ONE slot lower

B. It was nearly impossible for one person to actually read every single RP and know EVERYTHING that every single RPer has done for that week, meaning the rankings always were flawed and primarily opinion-based in an environment where many different styles and tastes come into play, so certain styles started getting favored while others started getting less recognition

C. Due to the reasons above, it started taking longer to figure out the exact rankings and turned into a chore that often times had NEGATIVE reactions either via PM or on the boards for all to see

Please keep all that in mind and remember if you want to post a list like this, to give it a name like "Archie's List" and include a disclaimer in the list itself that it's 100% your own opinions and has no connection to anything official because the XWF does not give number rankings. This is more like the "employee picks" that Blockbuster video used to do, where you could see which movies were the favorites of that employee that week. The next person's list of 10 might be completely different than yours, with just as many good reasons for each nomination, and that's fine because none of them are official.

Sorry this is completely my bad. I didn't mean to make it sound like anything official. I just assumed that was it was on my account people knew it was just my opinion. However, obviously this account has out ever been in a authoritive position so I should have sign posted that. My bad. Sorry.

Not really something "bad" or to apologize about. I just was making some things clear that the majority of the roster today is unaware of. Some of you guys would be surprised how many different forms the XWF has taken over the years and how many things we've tried in the past that have allowed us to get where we are today. I have no problem with personal picks as long as everyone is aware they're not official.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post

Messages In This Thread
The Power 10 - by John Msdison 2.Faggot - 08-09-2013, 05:35 AM
The Power 10 - by Peter Fn Gilmour - 08-09-2013, 06:22 AM
The Power 10 - by Archie Lawson - 08-09-2013, 07:36 AM
The Power 10 - by Andrew Morrison - 08-09-2013, 07:57 AM
The Power 10 - by Carver's Sheath - 08-09-2013, 07:57 AM
RE: The Power 10 - by Ricky Desmond - 08-09-2013, 09:37 AM
RE: The Power 10 - by Carver's Sheath - 08-09-2013, 09:45 AM