Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 02:53 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAG RP IDEAS
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-20-2021, 11:36 AM

Hey everyone!

So I've been kicking around an idea recently that I'd like some feedback on. Thanks a ton for all the input you've given on the title belts, etc., by the way.

With tag team RPs, we have always essentially just had twice the amount of RPs because it's twice the competitors. It's been the same regardless of if there were actually two handlers per team or just one handler with two characters, etc.

What I was pondering was whether it would be better for us to move to a situation where all tag team matches are "collab" RPs only? Considering that one of the things we most look for in a tag team is the actual teamwork, it could go a long ways to sort of "force" that teamwork more.

Here is my logic:

1) Currently, a team like THUGS is at a huge disadvantage because it's one handler versus a team like TNGB who have two. This adjustment would even that out and create the ability for single-handler teams to be just as capable of winning.

2) Obviously this would also reduce the workload for match judges, since there would be fewer RPs to read. We'd probably have a different word count max for tag RPs (moot on Warfare, obviously) to kind of balance things out.

3) This would also create more of a situation where people who are REALLY GOOD at working together will have an advantage, as it should be in tag teams - in the past we have seen a lot of "superteams" that might not even have a real connection other than them both be amazing at individual RPs - so when they are thrown together they do great as a pair of individuals. Think of a real world example like HBK and Stone Cold - they had no business being a team, but they were both awesome so of course they could still win. But that was at the expense of teams who were great TEAMS, like... uh... the Headbangers? Whatever, it wasn't a great time for tag teams.

I'd love to hear what you guys think on this. Am I alone here? Is there something we could look at potentially and see if it's better or worse?

TELL ME, DAMMIT.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Dolly Waters (07-20-2021), JimCaedus (07-20-2021), Miss Fury (07-20-2021), Ned Kaye (07-21-2021), NorthKoreanWarCriminal (07-20-2021)
Miss Fury Offline
BURN IT ALL

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

07-20-2021, 12:29 PM

I'm 100% on board with this idea.

[Image: 1invQS6.jpg]
[Image: BOBClub.png]
#JoinBOB #JoinbWo
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Miss Fury's post:
Dolly Waters (07-20-2021), JimCaedus (07-20-2021)
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

07-20-2021, 12:35 PM

I’m a fan of this. Lessens the judging load, saves writers on their content and does something about pulling people together in the tag team matches. BIG fan of this actually.

3x XTreme Champion
2x Tag Team Champion (w/ Vita Valenteen, w/ Charlie Nickles)
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month
August ‘21, May ‘17, October ‘16

3x RP Of The Month
What light through sonder... my perception breaks.
Tranquility: For Old Times Sake
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dolly Waters's post:
JimCaedus (07-20-2021)
Atara Raven Offline
Αφροδίτη Ενσαρκωμένη

XWF FanBase:
Singles,

(Physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes.)

07-20-2021, 02:07 PM

100% Behind it.

[Image: XV49e2j.png]

[Image: 8pr1Az7.png]
2×
[Image: jtHw5j1.png]

[Image: YLZBFO7.png]
2x Freestyle Champion
1× Federweight Champion
2× Heavymetalweight Champion

1x Fade 2 Black High Voltage Champion
1x Fight NYC! Brooklyn Champion
1x Fight NYC! Island Champion
#29 XWF Top 50 2021
AW Top 100 2021
#13 EFed Podcast Top 100 2022
#67 Efed Podcast Top 100 2021
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atara Raven's post:
JimCaedus (07-20-2021)
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

07-20-2021, 02:08 PM

I think we should expand the rp limit on the tag belt specifically to force judges to do even more work. That's my position and I'm sticking to it.

[Image: 27J5l3J.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charlie Nickles's post:
Dolly Waters (07-20-2021)
NorthKoreanWarCriminal Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

07-20-2021, 04:29 PM

I love this idea.

Whenever I see someone new drop a Tag Team roster sheet, no matter how cool they are or even if they drop a killer debut RP, in the back of my head I think, Welp, they're going to hit a ceiling, for exactly the reasons outlined in bullet point 1 above. Which is a bummer, cuz it prevents a lot of cool, designed-from-the-get-go tag teams and rewards pretty exclusively those Mega Powers-esque duos of solo characters.

Pretty much any idea that rewards tag teams for awesome collaborative effort, instead of excellence in isolation (which is awesome, of course, but not necessarily a celebration of what the tag division is), I am 100% in love with.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like NorthKoreanWarCriminal's post:
Dolly Waters (07-20-2021), JimCaedus (07-21-2021)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-20-2021, 08:02 PM

Speaking as someone who has tried to solo handle tag teams, yes this 1000%. Its always something that's kinda bugged me about our tag division and it's great that it's being reevaluated.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corey Smith's post:
JimCaedus (07-21-2021)
Atara Raven Offline
Αφροδίτη Ενσαρκωμένη

XWF FanBase:
Singles,

(Physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes.)

07-20-2021, 08:39 PM

I wanna do Osira Atara things...

[Image: XV49e2j.png]

[Image: 8pr1Az7.png]
2×
[Image: jtHw5j1.png]

[Image: YLZBFO7.png]
2x Freestyle Champion
1× Federweight Champion
2× Heavymetalweight Champion

1x Fade 2 Black High Voltage Champion
1x Fight NYC! Brooklyn Champion
1x Fight NYC! Island Champion
#29 XWF Top 50 2021
AW Top 100 2021
#13 EFed Podcast Top 100 2022
#67 Efed Podcast Top 100 2021
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Atara Raven's post:
JimCaedus (07-21-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (07-20-2021)
Thunder Knuckles™ Offline
A No Good Bastard

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

07-20-2021, 10:29 PM

Less work?! Sign me up!... To be clear the payout is still the same...yes? I know this is out of character... and no I don't give a shit. Its a serious question.

[Image: brofade.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Thunder Knuckles™'s post:
ALIAS (07-20-2021), Charlie Nickles (07-21-2021), JimCaedus (07-21-2021)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

07-21-2021, 05:54 AM

You will continue to get the xbux I already send you.

(07-20-2021, 10:29 PM)Thunder Knuckles™ Said: Less work?! Sign me up!... To be clear the payout is still the same...yes? I know this is out of character... and no I don't give a shit. Its a serious question.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Thunder Knuckles™ (07-21-2021)
Ciela Luiz Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Men and Lesbians

(physically attractive female on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes)

07-21-2021, 11:20 AM

I like this idea. It is something fresh and makes the fed feel new again!
Hate Post Like Post