Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-31-2024, 07:45 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Anarchy Special" RP Board
PlaceMarker Overwhelmed
Joe Tuesday

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-17-2013, 10:56 AM

Walking into the ScotiaBank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada; with my wife was a surreal experience. Just her stepping foot into the bizarre world I had accepted as my reality, a mere 2 weeks prior...filled me with a sense of over protectiveness that I fully embraced. I literally felt like, I was playing defense at the Superbowl. As we walked through the halls I kept my arm around her and shielded her from being intercepted by anyone. I avoided anyone that seemed to take a curious note, that I wasn't arriving to the arena alone. Anyone who appeared interested in who my wife was. A truly exhausting and daunting task, but I couldn't help it. It was the longest half mile, I had to walk. When we made it to my locker room, I finally felt as though I could breathe. Like a weight lifted off my chest. or like I weathered a terrible storm. I had made it to my locker room, with my wife, without any hassle, or problems. It was like I was smuggling something illegal into the XWF and I was only doing the simple act of walking with my wife, to my locker room. Probably not an issue anyone else has faced, but most people are used to this world. Most people don't give some of the creatures that exist here, a second thought. To them this place is as normal and acceptable, as apple pie. However, this is a strange place to walk into, if you've never dealt with this sort of thing before. This environment is not something anyone off the street could deal with and accept, right off the bat. The XWF was a scary place. A sink, or swim plunge into a sea of insanity and violence, that no other place presented. Luckily, my wife took to it rather well.

However, before I could utter a word to my wife, my locker room door was popping open and in walked Garret Olson, one of the newest interviewers in the XWF. He was smoking a cigarette and texting on his cell as he walked in, but he always seemed to be doing two things, at the same time. He flashed a quick smile at my wife and stuffed his phone back into his pocket, before he extended his hand out for me to shake.

Joe Tuesday, it is a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance. My name is Garret Olson and I'm here to conduct a brief interview with you, before your match. Sorry for barging in like I did, my manners weren't very good to begin with and since joining the XWF staff, they've completely gone straight to hell.

I shook Garret's extended hand and flashed a smile.

It's fine, we actually just arrived.

Garret turned his attention toward my wife momentarily.

I can see that. Is this your girlfriend, your wife.....or hopefully just a very attractive family member?

This is my wife, Hannah.

Your wife? Well, now..I can see why this is the first time you're bringing her around these parts. If I had a wife that was this gorgeous, I would never bring her into the dank recesses of the XWF. Although, I am glad you decided to throw caution to the wind and bring her here.

My wife smiled politely as Garret, shook her hand. I could tell she enjoyed his attempt at a compliment.

Nice to meet you Garret. My husband actually just broke the news to me that he worked for this company, last night.

Well...you're in for a show then. Your husband is a natural in the ring. A real born fighter. I don't think I've witnessed someone dismantle their opponent, quiet as thoroughly as your husband does.

Really? I'll have to remember that, the next time he freaks out about a spider in the bathroom.

Garret and Hannah both shared a laugh and I instantly had the impulse...to run. This is exactly what I wanted to avoid, this light hearted glimpse into my life. No one should know random tidbits like this about me. I don't want people to open up a magazine and see my face alongside a random quote, about how I find spiders to be terrifying. They're very terrifying. Like tiny demons from hell. No one needs to know I think that though. Taking a deep breath, I decided at that point that I needed to escape for a moment and since Garret, didn't seem to be a threat, I decided to leave my wife in his care.

I'm going to....

Retreat.

Find a place of refuge.

Get the fuck out of there.

...hit the bathroom. I'll be back in a minute.

I've really got to start forming better excuses. I walked briskly from my locker room and instantly regretted abandoning my wife, but I couldn't help it. The room was starting to feel incredibly small, with the two of them interacting in it. I should have never brought my wife here. I should have never allowed her access to this part of my life. Now, it was accepted she was a part of this and that meant it was open season on my personal life. The whole concept made me...incredibly uncomfortable and so I removed myself from the situation. I walked through the halls and exited out the first door that was in front of me. Finding myself in an underground parking structure, I leaned against a wall and closed my eyes.

Feeling a bit overwhelmed?

Hearing a familiar voice, I instantly opened my eyes and seen Liz Weinberg, standing a few feet from me.

Sort of. I brought my wife here and then Garret came in for an interview....it was all happening a bit fast.

Liz chuckled as she pulled out a cigarette, placed it in her mouth and ignited it.

I bet. I guess that means you thought about what I said. You decided to try and mesh your personal life, with the XWF...good for you. It's a rough process, but this stage will pass and before long, you'll be telling your wife who you plan on manhandling over breakfast.

I'm not sure I'll ever get to that stage. I'm actually starting to think it was a mistake to bring her here. Maybe I should have tried harder to keep these worlds separate.

Liz shook her head and laughed.

Trust me, you aren't the first to freak out when your worlds collided and you won't be the last, but this stage....will pass. There is no way, you could've kept this from your wife forever and at least now, you don't have the pressure of this huge lie looming over you. You'll survive this and in a month, you'll wonder why you ever freaked out. In 3 months, you'll be as desensitized to everything here, just as everyone else is and nothing will phase you. I know it happened to me and it happens to anyone who steps foot into the XWF. If it doesn't, well then...you either go crazy, or quit and slip into obscurity. I don't think you'll have either of those problems though. You seem like a born fighter and I think, you're destined for great things in this company.

I don't have such a clear picture of my future here. I'm just taking it all in stride. Focusing on things one fight at a time.

So are you ready for your next match? I hear you're teaming with Scott Charlotte and that you guys are facing, John Austin and Shocker.

I'm pretty confident Scott and I won't have an issue with walking in and claiming a win over, John Austin and Shocker. John Austin talks a big game, but in the end he'll see all the praying in the world, won't save him from his fate. He'll take the loss and I'll make sure I'll be the one to serve it to him. That is....after I wipe the canvas with him. Shocker, won't even be a factor in this match, just like he's not a real factor in life. His contribution tonight, will probably mirror his contribution in society and show him coming up short...as usual. I won't even waste my time on him, unless I'm forced to. As far as I'm concerned, Scott can take care of that pathetic waste of space.

You didn't get placed in a bad situation, Scott Charlotte is a pretty aggressive competitor. Not a bad partner to have in this tag match.

Scott seems like a good guy. Real honest, confident and he seems like a guy who can back up his words. Perhaps tonight won't be the last time, you'll witness us teaming together.

You've got something planned, don't you?

What? No, I'm simply stating Scott and I seem to make a good team and there's a possibility...it may occur again. I really should get back to my wife though.

Okay, but one day I'm going to get a real interview with you, Tuesday and on that day, I'm going to get you to spill....everything.

I smirked at Liz's bold statement.

We'll see about that. I'll see you around Liz.

With that I headed back inside the arena, feeling less overwhelmed and ready to take on whatever came up. It was funny how that brief talk with Liz, actually helped me. Her words really seemed to sink in whenever we talked.