Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-20-2024, 02:08 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
The journey to hell and back begins - Promo #1
Mastermind Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

05-04-2019, 11:58 PM

PREVIOUSLY

It is the year 1997 and at 23 years of age, Mastermind is at the crossroads of his early wrestling career, as concussions and injuries have kept him from being a force on the New Zealand Wrestling scene.

So instead he headed to Australia to resurrect his career, and he gets the chance to learn under the famous Australian wrestler Outback Jack.

But after a first full day of training his body breaks down again leaving him to once again faces a bit of time on the sidelines.

And now the continuation:

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

OUTSKIRTS OF SYDNEY
OUTBACK JACK'S WRESTLING ACADEMY

DAY 2
FIRST AID UNIT

Mastermind is lying down on a bed, while the medic was strapping up his hamstring.

The door opened and in walked Outback Jack, and the Chief Physio. Mastermind noticed that Outback Jack was carrying a file with him, while the physio had an envelope in his hand.

The physio walked to what looked like an x-ray viewer. He opens the envelope and takes out an x-ray film. He places the film up on the viewer and turns the light on. He begins to study it.

"Well?" asks Outback Jack impatiently

"Good news it's only grade one,"

"Which means what?" asks Mastermind

"It's not a very big tear. You were lucky to get a small tear of this size the way your body had seized up on you overnight. You're lucky you are looking at a week rest peiod."

"Two weeks wow," replied Mastermind smiling "That is good news,"

Outback Jack looked at the medic who had just finished with the bandage.

"Are you done?"

"Yes sir."

"Then can I have the room for a few minutes, please."

Both the medic and the physio left the room without another word. Mastermind looked at Outback Jack.

"What's wrong?"

"It seems Mr. 'M' that we are at a crossroads, very early on in your training. Normally when any of my clients get injured thats the end of their training until they come back the next intake. But you are not like a regular client. Strings were pulled to get you to me. And money was also spent making sure I gave you the best training that you need."

"Why does it sound like you are about to give up on me?" asked Mastermind quietly

"Quite the opposite in fact," replied Outback Jack semi smiling "Instead of having you sit around for the next couple of weeks waiting for your injury to heal you are going to be something else entirely."

"Okay," replied Mastermind sounding a wee bit intrigued

Outback Jack placed the file down on the bed beside Mastermind

"I have a contact inside the NZWC who owed me a favor so I managed to get your file of injuries faxed to me."

"Isn't that confidential?" asked Mastermind

"I didn't get it from your g.p. I got it from the NZWC Medical Facility. Like I said I called in a favor and I'm glad I did, because this shows that all your injuries of the last year at least is about your mentality."

"I'm not sure what you mean by mentality?" replied Mastermind

"In the beginning when you got injured it was about just the injuries," started Outback Jack "So you didn't think about it at all. But you kept getting injured and you kept getting taken out by the old farts of the NZWC so this started weighing on your mind. Then it became the norm that instead of feeling the wrath of the old men you kept getting injured. You allowed your mental state to accept that this was a good way to avoid getting back into the grind which became less fun, and too hard. So you seeked out ways of getting injured. You weren't aware of this but your mental state was."

Mastermind sat there listening intently and was stunned.

"Trust me you aren't the only one to succumb to this method, but I'm glad that I found this out now. So here's what's going to happen for the next two weeks while you are recovering from your hamstring injury, you are going to be spending 2 hours 3 times a day with my finest mental coach."

"You mean you want me to see a therapist?"

"My therapist is a mental coach. He will help you mentally,"

"And if I decide I don't want to see this mental coach."

"Up until now I've seen your fight which suggested you wanted to be here, but now with me suggesting you see my mental coach, the fight has gone out of you. So that suggests you have given up. So if that's the case, I will have no case but to let you go from this programme."

Mastermind sighed. He knew that would have been the case. Outback Jack grabbed a chair and sat down in front of him.

"Here's what I know. From the fight I saw in you yesterday I believe you have what it takes to become NZ Champion given the right amount of training. But if you were to let someone help you get out of your head then where ever you go across the world then you could become champion anywhere. You just need to trust me."

"If I do this I'll have to talk about my past won't I?"

Outback Jack looked at Mastermind very closely. There were pain in his eyes.

"So I might take a stab here and ask whatever happened in the past has sort of manifested itself in your mental anxiety and had helped with injuries?"

Mastermind looked down "I guess if you put it like that then that's probably the case."

"Okay," said Outback Jack "If you sit down with my therapist, I'm sure he will figure out what he thinks that you can handle talking about and then go from there. All I want for you is to be free mentally from the injury side of things because once that happens, nothing will hold you back."

Mastermind looked at Outback Jack, he knew that he had his best interests at heart.

"Okay I'll give it a try."

"Good lad. I'll set it up right away."

Mastermind gave a semi smile as Outback Jack walked out of the room.

PRESENT TIME
WEDNESDAY 3RD APRIL 2019
WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND

PREVIOUSLY

Having arrived home after re-capturing the x-treme title at the March Madness Pay Per View, Mastermind had stopped off back in Wellington to spend a night home before travelling to Dunedin for XWF's final stop in New Zealand before heading to the Pacific Islands, for the final part of the Australasian tour.

Having landed Mastermind received a call from his brother, Scott, who informed him that their estranged father had collapsed and was now in hospital. Mastermind didn't want to know and that made him hang up on his own brother.

The brother then rung Maria back.

And now the continuation:

Maria's phone kept ringing as she watched her husband disembark the plane. She finally answered it.

"Maria here,"

"Maria," came Scott's voice "You need to make my brother, your husband, go see our father. It'll eat him alive if he doesn't,"

"You and I both know that I can't MAKE my husband do anything that he doesn't want to do. When it comes to your father that's his number one reaction."

"Please Maria just try to talk to him at least,"

"How serious is it?"

"Very!!!"

"How long?"

"We aren't sure but we are told he could only last a matter of days."

Maria watched her husband get to the bottom of the walkway.

"I'm not going to promise anything, but I'll see what I can do,"

Maria hung up and disembarked the plane.

T.B.C

Overall - 60 Wins 102 Losses 8 Technicals 2 Draws 1 No Contest
Comeback Record - 10 Wins 24 Losses 1 Draw
7th Year Record 2023 - 5 Wins 16 Losses
6th Year Record 2022 - 5 Wins 8 Losses 1 Draw
5th Year Record 2020 - 7 Wins 12 Losses 1 No Contest
4th Year Record 2019 - 12 Wins 1 Draw 21 Losses
3rd Year Record 2018 - 6 Wins 2 Losses
2nd Year Record 2015 - 1 Wins 9 Losses 2 Technical
1st Year Record 2014 - 24 Wins 34 Losses 6 Technicals

February 2020 Star of The Month
November 2014 Star Of The Month

Former XWF Thursday Night Anarchy Champion - 2022 - 1 Successful Defence
Former Three Time X-Treme Champion
Former Television Champion - 129 Days (Just the 4th TV Champion to break 100 days, and now 4th on the all time list)
Former Two Time Ark of the Covenant Champion
Lost in the 1st Round of the Woodstock Open - Wrestlestock 2019
Semi Finalist in the XWF King of the Ring 2020

50TH CAREER WIN vs TOMMY WISH - Wednesday Night Warfare - 2ND SEPTEMBER 2020

100TH CAREER LOSS vs BOB D - Weekend Warfare - 12TH AUGUST 2023

150TH MATCH vs HGH
100TH MATCH vs LUX - FOR THE TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
50TH MATCH vs DUNCAN B DEADLY

HAVE APPEARED IN 21 PAY PER VIEW MATCHES IN XWF HISTORY

Check out my page for victories and losses

UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PA...CTILrW/pub

[Image: misfits.png]

[Image: Misfits2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Mastermind's post:
Atticus Gold (05-05-2019), Zane Norrison (05-09-2019)