Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-15-2024, 08:07 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
PlaceMarker Pause of Reflection
Jakob Davis Offline
Why is this guy still here again?

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

11-18-2016, 11:55 PM

There were points in your life where no matter how much you wanted to bounce back, life enjoyed kicking you in the dick, so to speak. You second-guessed your actions, not sure whether or not you were right in life, and all in all your confidence was badly damaged.

Sadly, this was the course of actions for Jakob Davis.

The camera fades in to see him rather depressed as he sat on a bench in a locker room, trying to pat down his soaking face with a towel, trying to calm himself down... This week was yet another loss in a growing streak. Jakob knew he had to rectify that soon, but for right now he couldn't help but feel sad for himself. Saddened that all the hype surrounding him when he first debuted was all but gone, saddened that for all his title opportunities he was unable to cash-in on any of them, saddened that he was beginning to be turned into a joke.

It was needless to say that his pride was shattered.

Jakob sighed, then before he got into a shower, he got a notification on his phone.

SAVAGE SATURDAY NIGHT - NOVEMBER 19TH, 2016

JAKOB DAVIS
VS
BLUE GATOR
VS
THOMAS NIXON

TV TITLE #1 CONTENDER'S MATCH FOR WILD CARD WEEKEND

Another title opportunity. Jakob chuckled; these were coming like candy at this rate. He figured now though that this would be his last opportunity to make something happen. Heading into the showers, Jakob wanted to think about his course of actions for the week.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING!

The phone buzzed loudly as Jakob Davis mustered himself from his sleep, trying to move his hand around to find his cell phone, finally slamming home as he found it laying about on his night stand. Answering the phone call, Jakob said--

"C-can I help you? It's the middle of the night."

A rather pleasant-sounding male voice came back through the line. "Hello, is this Jakob Davis?"

Jakob moaned, it was clear that he was dead tired and was not in the mood. However, not wanting to be rude, Jakob responded, "Yes, this is him."

"I'm afraid you're needed somewhere, and quite urgently at that."

Jakob blinked. He wasn't aware that he had any dates to attend to, much less in the middle of the night. "Uhm... for what reason?"

"It's your father, sir."

Jakob's blood ran cold. My father? Jakob thought. What the hell could he want with me? "Uh... may I ask what for?"

The man cleared his throat before continuing. "Well, aside from still being here at the bar even though it is about time for closing hours, he is inebriated to the point where he can barely stand."

"Oh. Oh, no," Jakob sighed, placing his head in his free palm. Sighing, he asked, "He has a wife though. Do you mind if I ask why you're contacting me?"

"I believe he mentioned something about his wife being angry at him earlier in the evening, and approximately five minutes ago I told him he needed a driver to come pick him up. He tossed me his phone, and mentioned something about Jakob, his son. As a result, that led me to contacting you."

Jakob took a quick glance at his nearby alarm clock-- almost 4 AM. How long was his dad at this bar anyway?

"Uh, yeah. Sure. I can come get him. Can you please tell me the address?" Jakob asked.

"Certainly. We're at the Bell Towne Center, off of the Greenway Parkway?" the bartender said.

Fuck, Jakob thought to himself. The Greenway Parkway-- that was quite some distance. Still, even though his father was a massive jerk to him, he couldn't leave him hanging now, not when Jakob's mom was apparently mad at his dad.

"Alright. I guess I can make it in about a half an hour?"

"Sounds good to me. See you then."

Hanging up the phone, Jakob repeated exactly what he was thinking. "Fuck."

A loud sigh greets the camera as it fades in to see Jakob standing over his father who's slumped over in a bar stool. Tim Davis opens an eye, and seeing the image of his son puts him in a fine mood. "Jakob!" Tim shouts, staggering out of his bar stool. "C'mere and give yer' old pop-" Tim pauses as he hiccups- "a hug." The putrid stench of alcohol can be smelled from a mile away, and Jakob immediately dodges the hug as Tim falls over, immediately in a deep sleep. Snoring can be heard as he's out like a light.

Jakob again sighs, sitting in an adjacent bar stool and looking over to the nearby bartender who witnessed the whole scene. "Wish I could be sleeping like that right now," Jakob chuckled.

The bartender responds with a smile before saying, "Yeah, I hear you. Now, I'm assuming you're the Jakob I contacted, right? With a k, like how your dad put it in your phone?"

"Yeah, that's me alright. Jakob with a k." Jakob nodded and leaned back, unintentionally creating an awkward atmosphere.

Trying to clear up the air, the bartender said, "Name's James. Listen, I kinda feel bad for dragging you out here. How about a drink, on the house?"

Jakob stared off for a minute. He wasn't usually an alcohol drinker, but he needed to relieve some stress. "Ah, what the hell. Serve me a Guinness."

"One Guinness, coming right up." As the bartender went to go fetch Jakob's drink, Jakob stared off looking at his dad. He knew it was going to be a long morning tomorrow...
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Jakob Davis's post:
Broken Hart (11-20-2016), Dawud Tha Bully (11-26-2016), Vincent Lane (11-19-2016)