Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-26-2024, 12:10 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Long Live the King -- Hallowed Be Thy Name
Doctor Louis D'Ville Away
Hello, my friends
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

01-17-2016, 11:37 AM

"Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy Name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those
who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever. Amen."

-- The Lord's Prayer by Anonymous

[Image: Kd641BT.png]

Oblivion

i

"I'm NOT telling you again..."

He slammed both hands down on the desk and pushed his fat body up out of the chair.

"There's NOTHING there! You're wasting not just you're time, but my time, too. You either quit fucking around or you're gone. Period."

For as red as his face was and as angry as he seemed, his voice was calm. I'm sure it didn't mean he was any less pissed-off that I've brought up the same story again, but fuck it. I know there's more to this than what's already been told.

"Well? Do we have an understanding?"

"Why are you still blind to the possibility that something REALLY crazy happened up there? There's eye-witnesses that seen, WITH THEIR OWN EYES, the cops and S.W.A.T. vans that were there. And the complete destruction of an ENTIRE society?! They're covering some--"

"I SAID ENOUGH!!"

There's the anger.

"Look, jackass. When you first came here I told you that your little renegade bullshit when you walked through that door. You're doing the work that's assigned to you and that's it."

He throws a small folder on top of the desk. It slides then stops perfectly in front of me. I reluctantly grab it as I stand up. There were no 'good-bye's' or even another word said, I just left the office.

I didn't even look in the folder. When I made it back to my own office space I opened up the top drawer to my desk and just tossed it in.

Back to the real work.

Several months ago, a town just north of here was just taken from the map. Actually, not just taken from the map, but completely destroyed. What's odd about the whole thing was the lack of interest from pretty much anyone. It barely hit the news and the authorities declared it a freak accident.

C'mon.

Am I the only one that thinks something weird is going on with the whole thing? Even the dickhead in the big office down the hall doesn't see anything. He's right though, the renegade shit needs to stop. I can't rely on this place for any help anyway so fuck-it. I can handle this on my own.

ii

Finding a place that's been completely removed from existence isn't easy. GPS, worthless. Map? Worthless. Road signs? None pertaining to THIS place. Driving to it seems pointless, but what other option did I have?

Using a small pull-off spot on the side of the road, I parked and stepped out for some air, which is not only stagnant, but cold and bitter. Cigarettes were never my thing until I started traveling as much as I have. A take a few big drags and kick around some snow as I walk around a bit. One of my kicks result in me tripping and falling onto my face. It was unexpected and I lost nearly all of the wind I had left in my lungs after exhaling a big puff of smoke. I bring myself to my knees then slowly to my feet as I turn around scowling at the hidden object in the snow. A march straight over to it and begin digging around it.

A sign? A heavy one, too.

I continue brushing the snow from the surface until the faded display reveals EXACTLY what I've been looking for.

"Pleasantville"

The town that everyone forgot, THIS way.

There's an arrow pointing to the left of the sign and, if you would guess, you'd probably guess that sign was originally stuck in the ground somewhere over here. I try picking it up, but to no avail as it's not only quite heavy, but frozen into the ground. Pointless anyway, I need to go..... THAT way.

It seems like there's no path in the direction I need to go. An impossible one, anyway. Well, that's what four wheel drive is for, I suppose. Time to put it to the test.

I take my vehicle off road then and plow through several feet of snow away from the highway. It's night now, it's easy to lose track of time while you're fighting to stay on what FINALLY seems like a path, or perhaps it's just the only way to go. I knew the drive was going to be long, but it is getting quite late.

It takes everything I have to pull the steering wheel back and forth countering the swaying of the vehicle. The radio that's been keeping me sane this entire time was fading quick. Static took over all of the radio stations and left me with nothing but the hum of my own voice.

iii

The path has finally mellowed out a bit, which has left me with a relaxed hand up on the wheel. I take this time to relieve a bit of the most recently accumulated stress and reach for a cigarette. I reached into my inside coat pocket to retrieve the small box, but after digging around for a moment find nothing. I look down for a moment and find them in the center console on a pile of change.

Bingo.

I take my eyes from ahead of me again and reach for the pack of smokes when the vehicle nose dives from the path and down a hill. After I think the third time my head slammed off the roof I let go of the wheel, which left me flailing about the vehicle like a rag doll.

After the vehicle turns sideways and gets bumped in the rear end by a tree it's tumbling down the hill one side over another. After a painful ride, I finally laid inside the car on the roof unconscious, battered, and bruised.

iv

The damp air and a burnt smell flood your nostrils. It's an almost aggravating smell as you cannot sneeze or brush the odor away. The room is extremely dark, practically pitch black. Only a small red aura creeps across the floor, which doesn't even reveal there is an actual floor.

From the dark pierces our ears a very familiar voice.

The boogeyman, you say? I beg your pardon?

The Doctor chuckles softly to himself.

You know, I've been known as the Big Bad Wolf to some, as well.

A large red cherry glows in the darkness and is combined with a large cloud of smoke.

Hello, my friends. My name is Doctor Louis D'Ville, and I am your beloved KING.

It has been a long, long time since the Doctor's shadow was laid across this fine federation. What brings the Doctor back, you ask? An opportunity.

That's right, an OPPORTUNITY. For those that already know will be reminded and those who don't will realize immediately that the Doctor is the KING of the XWF for a reason. I won this crown in the November of 14 and it is STILL in my grasp.

The Doctor pauses in his speech for a moment to obviously take another puff from his cigar. The cherry from this cigar remains being the only thing visible.

I've heard plenty of fellows speak up in the past about 'defending' this crown of mine... Which was a bit odd to hear since I was Universal Champion, as well. So, I suppose I never DID officially defend the it, if you want to be technical about the whole thing. All of my defenses as Universal Champion and Xtreme Champion, WHILE being the King would seem justified enough, you'd think. Especially if we go by Mason Prince Rules.

Let's see here, eleven weeks with the Xtreme Title... We'll average out about five kickouts a week... So... Fifty-five? And that's just off of the top of our head. Ha, ha.

The Doctor snickers to himself.

So, you see Mister Mason, that little streak of yours is just a foolish little statistic you hold dear because you have nothing else. You've said it yourself,

"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything...."

Beautiful words, my friend. Yes, from the darkness of your hospital room, lying on your bed, regretting so many decisions. No one wants to hear how sorry you are about your so-called 'failures', Mason Prince. It's silly to think anyone actually cared to begin with that you were Xtreme Champion. Then, of course, you lost it... I never lost that title, I just traded it for something much more valuable.

Basically, what this all boils down to is an open challenge that was announced on the 8th day of January by Mister Prince, himself. January 20 was the date set for the big day. This was ALL for you Mason Prince. It was your challenge. It was your match. I don't exactly appreciate you sitting in the hospital licking your wounds and crying the blues. Making EVERY-one believe you're the underdog. Well, I don't believe you'll actually have to do ANYTHING or say a word to convince anyone of that. You've admitted yourself that I'm already kind-of a big deal. So, there's no need to make anyone feel sorry for you with those little puppy dog eyes. They'll feel sorry enough for you after the Doctor's finished ripping you to pieces.

That's right, "Believers", Mister Prince is in all of this for himself. Do not allow him to fool you into thinking that all of his 'imaginary' victories while being Xtreme Champion and his short-lived early success stood for ANYTHING other than rungs on his ladder. Stepping stones to a greater being. The only thing on Mason Prince's mind is Mason Prince. Why do you suppose he continues to bring up my crown?

Riddle me this, Mason Prince, in what world does a KING simply "step-down" and turnover his crown? What fantasy land are you frolicking through? Regardless, in THIS Universe, I'll have to perish before my crown is taken from me. I've lost before, indeed, but I did not perish. Will you beat me? Doubtful, but anything can happen, my friend. You've already placed enough doubt on your own shoulders that I don't need to be adding to it. Everyone in this place, including yourself, knows exactly what I'm capable of.

Cain?

Frodo?

The Kingslayer??

Those aren't even warm-ups, Mister Prince. Cain has wisely avoided my cross hairs during our long time here. He's smarter than you all take him for apparently. A match with him is nothing like a session with the Doctor.

With a snap of my fingers, Frodo will curl into a little ball at my feet. Without the Doctor around he tends to run freely, but he knows where home is. We've had our battles in the past. In fact, the short-man and the Doctor finale'd King of the Ring back when the Doctor first stepped into his glory.

Steve Davids has been avoiding me since before you snuck up behind him and stole that ridiculous title. Kingslayer...

So, you're very few accolades are obviously slightly emphasized and a bit embellished if you ask me. Your lack of confidence while sitting in the hospital when you spoke to me the first time is unsettling. So, pump up your confidence with a few lies to yourself and come at the good doctor FULL FORCE. If you weren't ready for me, you could have easily stepped down for a couple of weeks. It's not like I have anywhere to go.

We hear the Doctor choke out a quiet little chuckle.

During my absence, I watched from this dark oblivion as you all just forgot about the good doctor. Shane , the true leader of the XWF, revealed himself and recreated the CCWF. That has you all so twisted up and torn apart that it's hard to decipher who is who anymore. You're all worried about an invasion, but all Mister Loverboy, K-Money, Shane , and the rest of them are doing is invading their own land. Shane owns the XWF, if he wants to play with everyone's feelings about the name of this fine federation, then so be it. The Doctor wants no part of it. However, it does open for several more opportunities, as well. Feeling a bit out of place or distraught during this so-called 'invasion'? The Doctor is still open for visits, in fact, he always was. I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again, my friends. Stop by anytime and step in line, because the Doctor's doors are always open.

v

Who knows how long I was out, but it was daylight by the time I woke up. The sound of church bells rang in my ear as the steady ringing in my ear slowly and painfully faded away. I opened my eyes a looked around at the wreckage around me. My car was totally fucked. I felt okay though... Nothing broken, no cuts... A little sore, but hell, I'm lucky to be alive.

"Where are those cigarettes...."

I searched around for a moment and had no luck finding them. They probably flew out one of the busted out windows during the tumble down the hill. After sitting for a moment, all of the feeling returns to my body and I realize I'm freezing my ass off. I slowly crawl out of the vehicle and out onto the ground. Still a little slow-minded, I brush myself off and begin humming the bell chimes echoing through the land.

"What the fuck?!" I say, snapping out of it.

Like a hound dog, I stick my nose into the air and begin running towards the sound. I nearly fall over every tree branch and rock I run past until I reach a steep hill. I slip and slide up the hill now using those pesky rocks and branches to pull myself. When I finally reach the top I fall flat on my face and knock the wind out of myself again. Spitting snow and dirt out of my mouth I rub my eyes and after opening, I can't believe what I see.

"Holy-shit."

It's the fucking town.

[Image: Kd641BT.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Doctor Louis D'Ville's post:
Blue Gator (01-17-2016), Carnage (01-17-2016), Peter Fn Gilmour (01-17-2016)