Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-03-2024, 04:19 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Web of Lies.
Ricky Desmond Offline
Business as Usual

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

03-02-2015, 12:42 PM

I threw a pebble out into the deep blue ocean. The golden sands surround me whilst the elephantine cliffs towered over me. I gazed out towards the horizon through my sunglasses and adjusted my tie as I waited for Josh and Jenna to arrive.

They had become close friends over the last few days, they seem to get on perfectly. Which suited me, because it made things easier. Josh was an old friend, but I still didn’t trust him just yet. Which is why I had him join me and Jenna rather than Fred.

My plan to hire Josh had come off perfectly as well. The press were impressed that I was the type of guy that offered people second chances. It’s a good thing investigative journalism was basically dead. If they delved deep enough into my history they would no doubt find out that we used to be friends. That might not go down so well.

I turned to see them arriving, Josh still hadn’t learned that a suit was necessary at all times for not any reason in particular.

“You’re not going to like it Rick.” Josh said, looking at me, he did the zip up on his hoodie as a gust of wind flew in.

“This Marcus is becoming a real thorn in my side. It would have been a lot easier to not hire you, y’know. All these people wanting you dead is not ideal.” Despite the truth in it, I was jesting.

“Yes, well.”

“We need to get you some sort of safe house, anyway. Going from hotel to hotel is simply not viable.”

“If I may, there is a flat right between our houses that’s now available, or perhaps in your annex Rick?”

I didn’t want him living with me. Not yet. This guy hasn’t been part of my life for years. Regardless of our prior friendship it simply did not seem bright to put so much trust in him. It usually took years for me to trust anyone.

Marcus was the leader of a gang. He refused to pay Josh for some drugs once, so Josh thought it was a good idea to piss all over the guy’s car.

I mean, sure, it’s funny as fuck, but now Marcus wanted him dead. He was an understanding guy who figured that this was the correct response to a simple prank. At least, this is what Josh was telling me. I did not buy it completely, I certainly felt like there was more to it. Yet when I asked Josh went all cagey and red. He was hiding something, but I don’t know what.

“What is the news on him anyway?”

“Well he read that I was working for you and is obviously trying to slander your tower and everything in it. Admittedly, for now, it’s seemingly a lone voice.

“Good. When it’s one person it’s merely the word of a lunatic. Just don’t let it become a murmur from a rebellious group, because that rebellious group soon becomes THE voice. The voice of the people, the voice of the group, the voice of a revolution. Him and his fools can believe and say what they want, as long as people keep showing me the money. The money must keep flowing, no matter what.”

“He will not stop though Ricky. That man, he does not take humiliation lightly. His wrath, it will not stop until we are both done. He sees you as an ally now. He was staying on the down low, but the rumour amongst the streets is that now he wants to take down Ricky Desmond. He says it’s his chance to make a name for himself.”

“People are always trying to take Ricky Desmond down, Josh. Where are they all now? I make my own decisions, people like Marcus Herrera, they do not make their own decisions. They get told what to do by people like me because I created this power!” My whispers turned into roars. I was no longer the calm business man, but rather, a deeply furious man who commanded respect.

“What is the point in living and breathing and surviving if you do not get to make your own decisions? This world, this planet, it will all be mine. A forever expanding industry, an ever expanding life. No one lives forever, but my legacy will continue.”

“We need to calm down.”

“We? When did this become we? Josh I took you in because I know you are talented but also out of pity. This is not a we yet. You have not proven yourself. I cannot trust you. And as good and as bright as you are, compared to me you are nothing, and without me, you have nothing!”

Why? What had come over me oh so suddenly?

“CALM DOWN!” Josh grabbed me by the shoulder but then I shoved him to the floor.

“Do not tell me to calm down Josh. You listen to me.”

Jenna looked on in fear, I turned, and readjusted my tie. I loved her. She probably had not seen this side of me before. This was me though.

“Enough.” She whispered in my ear.

“Enough.” I responded.

“I’m sorry.” I grabbed Josh by the hand and I brushed him off. I was not sorry, but it was the right thing to say.

*Four hours later.*

Marcus strolled into my new office. It was on the very top floor and overlooked everything and everyone. The thames, the London eye, etc.

No one else was around, because I did not want anyone to see this.

He sat down opposite me and did not say a word. An old tactic, not saying the first word or introducing yourself.

“Marcus, I summoned you here because I hear that you want to take me down.”

“Do not make it seem like I showed up because you summoned me. I showed up on my own accord.”

I simply laughed.

“I don’t care. What I do care about though, is the shit that you are spouting from your cunt mouth. I don’t want to hear another word of it.”

“Well then, you had better fire Josh.”

“I’m not going to do that.”

“I want that piece of shit down in the gutter where he belongs until I decide it’s time to finish him for good. You see what he did, it’s unforgivable.”

“You’re over exaggerating, just calm down.”

“Is that so? What did Josh tell you exactly?”

“He explained what happened.”

“He told you he ran over my little brother while he was off his head on cocaine did he? He told you that? He told you he managed to get away with that? I cannot explain how, and I cannot explain why. But there’s a justice system in this country that is evidently floored. He walks around a free man with a better job than all of us because some rich bastard thinks he’s all clean. That man’s not clean, and he never will be. I want him dead.”

I hadn’t seen my own little brother, Tim, in years. Yet the thought of someone hurting him made me red with anger. I begun to understand the real reason why Marcus was angry.

“You’re lying… He…”

“Yes, I am lying about this. That would make perfect sense, wouldn't it?”

Marcus pulled out his wallet and showed me a photograph of his little brother.

“I want him dead,” he whispered as he looked up at me with sadness in his voice and a tear in his eye.

“We all want the world Marcus, but until I see some more evidence, I will not believe it.”

“Believe what you want Ricky, but if he’s not gone by the end of the month, I will take you down.”

“Get out of my sight.”

I turned and stared out the window. Clutching my fists I smashed them down on the desk as Marcus left the building.

“Why is it always me!?”

[Image: oNSyU33.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post