Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 09-20-2024, 01:37 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Finalizing War Plans | Part I: RP 3
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

01-31-2015, 08:32 AM

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 | 4:36 PM Local Time | Illuminatus World Headquarters | Death Valley

It's been a long war. A war that has not really even begun yet. For nearly two millenniums the battles have raged. This war, is unlike a war between nations. This war is waged not on battlefields, but within the confines of churches, homes, convents and even social gatherings. Unlike wars between nations that pile up bodies of the fallen by the hundreds or even thousands in the course of a day, this war may take days, weeks, months or perhaps even years from one victim to the next.

In centuries past, one side or the other would get a bit impatient and start larger scale battles against the other. In those days, it was the Church as the aggressor. Blindly killing those against them. In this day and age, it is the opponents of the Church that have been the aggressors. Father Asmodeus has systematically built a powerhouse, a juggernaut of epic proportions hellbent on the total elimination of the Catholic Church.

The handpicked leader of the Illuminatus has procured from his brother the 'stake through the heart.' A large military equipped with the most advanced technologies the world has seen. With it, he will head to Europe. He will occupy nations and give the Church no choice but to surrender or die. It is just a matter of time now, before Sebastian Duke seizes the throne of Saint Peter.

Those that hold the highest positions within the Illuminatus gather in the war room. A gigantic curved video screen on the far wall with a large map of Europe loaded on to it. Benjamin, the British man that has commanded European collection of Illuminatus fighters for the last several years sits at the end of a semi-circular shaped table. Father Asmodeus beside him. Sebastian Duke in the center. With two empty chairs to Sebastian's right.

Matthew sits at a small table to the left of the large video screen. On his table, sits a laptop computer.

”Where the hell is he?” asks an impatient Sebastian Duke, growing even more impatient as time has gone by. He stands and starts to pace.

”Relax, son,” Asmodeus says. ”He sent a text a few minutes ago saying they were on their way.”

”They?” Sebastian says inquisitively.

Not ten seconds passes before Jacob and Thaddeus enter the room. ”You can sit there in that chair, by your father,” he says to Thaddeus, who then takes a seat.

”Why'd you bring him here?” Sebastian asks of Jacob. ”He's not ready for this. He's still confused and learning things, and...”

”He's not as confused as you might think,” Jacob interrupts.

”What do you mean?” asks Sebastian, coming closer to the increasingly nervous Jacob.

”He ordered me to tell him things,” Jacob answers, trying not to be specific.

”And you told him things? What things?”

”Like where we were at and some other things,” he says, still avoiding telling the full truth.

”And how I was killed by King George,” Thaddeus chimes in.

Duke grabs Jacob by his throat, shoving him backward and slamming him into the wall. ”You told him that!?” Sebastian screams rather than asks. ”Why the hell would you do that!?

“Answer me!”

”He's my Prince!” Jacob yells through gasping breaths. ”It is my duty to honor his demands!”

Thaddeus stands up and places his arm over that of his father. Sebastian loosens his grip on Jacob. ”It's true father,” Thaddeus says, much to Jacobs surprise. ”He didn't want to tell me, but I forced him to. He's your closest confidant, father. If I'm the Prince and he, who is so close to you, undermines my authority, I'll never gain the respect of anyone else within the Illuminatus.”

”He's right, Sebastian,” Asmodeus says, still seated within his chair.

”No, he's not right, dad,” Sebastian says as he releases his grip on Jacob who immediately falls on his hands and knees gasping for air. ”He's my son and my heir. These men are taught from the time they enter that they are to respect...”

”ENOUGH!” Asmodeus interrupts angrily. ”We could argue all day about this foolishness and never reach a consensus. The fact is, Prince Thaddeus delivered an order to a subordinate and that order was carried out. As it should have been!

“Enough with this nonsense and let's get down to the business at hand, shall we?”

The King turns to his son, towering over him, he places his hand on the boys shoulder. ”What do you think of all that? Are you okay? Do you have any questions?” Sebastian asks, obviously worried about the psyche of his son.

Thaddeus removes the crown from his head and spins it around in his hand. Not looking up from it, he answers, ”If I had been dead for all those months, why did you wait so long to bring me back?”

”Son...” starts Asmodeus.

”Fear,” interrupts Sebastian.

”Fear of what?”

”Fear of failing to bring you back. I'd already failed as a father, Thaddeus. I didn't want to get my own hopes up with something that rarely ever works.”

”What changed your mind?” asks Thaddeus.

”Timing,” Sebastian answers. ”Missing you. Needing you. Not wanting you to miss our great victory. Your grandfather first, and then me, we've worked our entire lives for this. All building up to this moment. I wished so hard for you to be a part of it. To share in our glory.”

”What are we trying to accomplish?”asks Thaddeus.

Sebastian turns his son to face the large screen. ”You see that there?” he asks. To which Thaddeus nods. ”That's Europe. It's where we're headed. And that there is Germany. We have a coup in place ready to strike so that we can set up our grand stage and base for the war. And that's Italy. We don't really want it, but we'll take it if we have to.

“Inside it, lies Vatican City, and that is right there. That small city houses the Catholic Church leadership. It rightfully belongs to us, so we're going to take it back.”

Asmodeus stands up and limps towards Thaddeus. ”You see, son,” he begins, ”The Catholic Church has persecuted those that have held the truth of their existence for many years. I myself, was a priest in the Church when I discovered the real truth. An old friend told me about it. The fact is, I never believed him. He told me where to look to find the truth and I did that. The throne of St. Peter is built upon lies.

“It is the Illuminatus, young Thaddeus,”
he continues, retaking his place in his chair, ”that is the rightful heirs to all the things that the Catholic Church holds dear. It is our duty to right the wrongs. And before long, we will have done that. And your father will assume the throne. And after he is gone, you will too.”

The war room falls silent as they let the young man take in what he just been taught to him. Jacob has regained his breath but remains on his knees. Benjamin has sat nearly motionless this entire time. Matthew has remained at his post, manning the computer.

Sebastian Duke reaches a hand out toward Jacob. He hesitates to grab it at first, choosing to look up at his friend and leader instead. Jacob can see the anger in his eyes. He relents, and grabs the hand of Sebastian Duke. The King pulls Jacob back to his feet. Jacob takes his seat at the end of the table, opposite that of Benjamin, and Sebastian Duke takes his place in the center of the semi-circle. Thaddeus follows suit, first replacing the crown on his head and taking his place between his father and Jacob.

”I guess the first thing on our minds, Benjamin,” starts the King. ”Is where are we exactly, with our overseas preparations?”

”My King, I've been regularly corresponding with group leaders,” Benjamin begins. ”Our men are in place and ready to strike in Germany if it becomes necessary to do so.”

”And this George von Hildenburg,” Asmodeus says. ”You're sure he's willing to do what we need him to?”

”Most certainly, sir,” replies Benjamin.

”Ben, I'm naming you the Commanding General,” the King informs. ”Do you realize what that means?” he asks.

”It means I have led these men, and I will continue to do so on a larger scale,” says the General.

”What it means, General,” Thaddeus says, interrupting Benjamin, ”is if this George von Hindenburg, or whatever the hell his name is, fails to do what is required of him. It means his head. Do you understand that?

“And I'll do it myself.”

The King smiles slightly, and slaps Thaddeus on the back. Apparently approving of his sons assertiveness.

”I do understand, my Prince,” replies the General. ”If he fails, I'll bring him to you at once.”

”If he fails at his task, then you fail at yours. Do you understand what I'm saying this time?” Thaddeus asks of the General. To which, Benjamin does not answer. ”It means your head as well.” Thaddeus stares at Benjamin in leans in close to Jacob. ”This George von whatever,” he whispers to Jacob. ”What exactly is his task?”

Jacob smiles slightly. Realizing that Thaddeus is asserting his authority as Prince of the Illuminatus, but has no idea why. ”George von Hildenburg is the son of the German chancellor, Herbert von Hildenburg,” Jacob explains in a whisper in the Prince's ear. ”The goal is to take the nation peacefully by having George eliminate his father in the night. Allowing us to quietly, and without resistance, take that nation which will serve as our base of operations and a source of funding for the war effort.

“Our goal is to accomplish the coup in one night while all of Europe sleeps. If its successful, there is no stopping us.”

”Why not just crush them?” he asks, still in a whisper. ”I've seen the war machines, there's no stopping us.”

”We want to stage these coups and invasions as peacefully as possible,” Jacob explains. ”If we rile up unrest in the region we could face major backlash from many of the worlds powers. Russia, England, maybe even the United States. For a small society, we have a lot of military mite, but we're nowhere near capable of sustaining a full on war against world super powers.”

Thaddeus nods in understanding and returns to the conversations in the middle of Benjamin explaining some things with the aid of Matthews computer controlled visual guides on the large screen. ”...when the German Chancellor falls. We'll be able to seize their government in short order by occupying the main government building in Berlin.”

”And our route,” says the King, ”has got to go through France. I see no other option there.”

”Should we place a call to the French President?” asks Asmodeus. ”It'd be like a gesture of goodwill. If they know we're coming, perhaps they'll allow us safe passage with no resistance from French troops and their authorities.”

Sebastian thinks for a moment before answering. ”No,” he begins his reply. ”It's really not necessary to give them advanced warning. We only need their airspace. We'll never have one of our men set foot in France.

“Give them a call when we're on their doorstep. Just so there is no accidents in the air between our aircraft and theirs.”

”What about fuel?” asks Jacob.

”The great thing about all this equipment given to us, is they're all nuclear powered,” says the King. ”They supply their own fuel. Not only does it give us unlimited fuel, but we can use it as a mechanism of defense as well. Do not shoot down our planes unless you want a nuclear disaster of epic proportions scattered throughout Europe.

“No one wants that. Not even us.”

”Sebastian, what is our timeline for moving on this?” Asmodeus asks of his son.

Sebastian stops and thinks for a moment before replying, ”General, how long would it take for our men overseas to infiltrate Germany and get to Berlin in preparation?”

”They're already inside the nation, your Highness,” the General replies. ”If my math is correct, they should be reaching Berlin in a matter of twelve to twenty-four hours. No more than that.”

”Dad, you'll need to get to Germany as soon as possible,” Sebastian says while looking at Asmodeus. ”Jake, get the jet fueled up.”

Jacob takes his leave to do as he's instructed.

”Forgive me, but why am I going to Germany?” asks Asmodeus.

”You'll need to be the acting Chancellor. You speak German,” he replies. ”You'll need to be reassuring to the German people that while we occupy their nation, we are not conquerors. We're only there temporarily.”

”I am not a head of state,” Asmodeus insists.

”You will be for now,” the King says. ”Besides, they'll need a trusting face and a voice.” Sebastian looks over at Matthew. ”Matt, connect me with the retired pope.”

”Right away, sir,” Matthew replies, getting to work on his order.

”I don't think I'm the right choice to,” Asmodeus begins before being interrupted by the King.

”I understand your hesitation,” says the King.

”He's not answering, sir,” Matthew chimes in.

Looking over at Matthew, the King orders, ”Try it again. Keep trying until he answers.” Returning his attention to his father, the King continues, ”That's where the war effort needs you. You need to be the calm, rational voice that leads that nation and negotiates our way through the European continent.

“To be honest, I'm not asking,”
the King concludes before listening intently to Matthews voice.

”Your Holiness,” Matthew begins. ”I have the King of the Illuminatus wishing to have some words with you.”

The plans are in place and the stage is set. Questions, however, undoubtedly still remain. Thaddeus will obviously have a million questions for his father surrounding his mothers death. Will they bond closer as a result, or will the slight tear in the fabric of their relationship tear further? What does Sebastian Duke want with the retired Pope?

[Image: QEcXvQs.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post