Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-09-2024, 09:55 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Down to the river to pray
Great Buzzard Eli James IV Offline
Speaker of Truth

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-26-2013, 05:51 AM

It's a peaceful type day. The trees are swaying a little.. the birds are singing their songs.. slight noise movement from various animals around the woods. There sits Eli by a lake. The wind is blowing just to make some quiet ripples in the water. He's got his normal Hawaiian style shirt on and his little straw hat. An old fishing rod is sitting in his lap with the string out in the water ready to catch a fish. He's humming the tune "Down To The River To Pray". His voice is a bit deep and raspy...

Eli James IV "O brothers let's go down, let's go down, come on down, come on brothers let's go down, down in the river to pray. As I went down in the river to pray, studying about that good old way and who shall wear the starry crown, Good Lord, show me the way.

My momma.. heh.. she was a great woman. As soon as I came into this world.. she taught me about the works of the Almighty. She helped work in the fields.. she cooked good meals.. she taught us well. She loved us. She cared for us. She.. was a good momma. I remember we were at a revival service on a Friday night.. Good Friday.. the day people remember about a Savior dying on a cross. Heh. This preacher talked about hell. He said fire was burnin' and ready to swallow any soul up that wanted to runaway from the voice of the Lord. I remember it. His message was good, but not perfect. All messages are. They get pieces right, but then it all drowns out in the river. Ya can't hear it all. The ears are full of water.

My momma went down to the altar to repent. Me? I stayed back and watched. My grandmother was there with us. She was strong... physically.. mentally.. and spiritually. She was the backbone of my family. When Eli James II passed on.. she was there to hold everything together. She didn't cry at the funeral.. once the dirt started to pile up on the coffin.. she looked at us and said "lets get to work.. the sun will be setting soon". We did. Such a great woman. A great example, unlike some of the whores ya see today. They want things handed to 'em.. they want to sleep with every guy they meet.. lust and greed. Nobody had anything bad to say about her. She was blameless. She would help anyone.

She came up to me while my momma was at the altar.. and she said.. "Eli.. you're the chosen one.. the snakes hide close to the dirt and in the grass.. show love to people... but fires are offerings too.. go into the world and lead the way." I know what she meant. I understood everything she said. I didn't need a preacher getting me to come forward to an altar.. place his hand on my forehead and pray lies over me.. hehe. The preacher didn't call me.. the Almighty did. And that's the difference between me and all those others out there. Before anyone was born.. I was chosen. I was there.

Some words have been quiet. Smart. Shawn Steele, the mindless parrot. You don't have a free will. You do what they tell ya to do. They say cracker and you say it right back. I heard what ya said about me, man. A coward? Heh. I get people from the Congregation to fight for me? Rest your eyelids little parrot. Keep on sleepin'. Apparently, that's where you've been for a long.. long time. Go back underneath the rock. You belong there. You and a rock have everything in common. You sit there and sleep. Someone eventually steps on ya or picks ya up.. and that's your job. Done. We've been here 'bout the same amount of time.. and it seems I've accomplished a bit more than you, man.. even before I began gathering people for the Congregation.

Some of ya still think I'm just an ordinary man. And that's just fine. Time isn't your friend.

Ya know, man.. when you fight with a life on the line.. it's much different than a opportunity for a championship. Ya'll wouldn't know 'bout that. I put my life on the line many times.. as a Marine.. as a loyal Biker.. and even as a preacher of truth. People want me gone.. want me dead.. but here I am. I'm a survivor until I'm called back home. My sacrifice will usher in something far greater than you'll ever know.

Hehe. O sinners let's go down, let's go down, come on down, O sinners let's go down, down in the river to pray.

I have left no stone un-turned or card face down. I've shown you what you need to be shown in order for a rescue to take place. I offered redemption and you chose imprisonment. Ya live in a world of confusion and the mind wantin' it all now.. in an instant.. when patience is gold.. but never found.

Back in some old days, people sought for treasure. People from all over would go up to the hills and start sifting for treasure.. waiting.. waiting for that gold to appear in their eyes. They placed value and treasure all in the wrong place. Sometimes.. the most valued treasure is right in front of your eyes. Sometimes it's talkin' to ya.. even if its things you don't wanna hear. They want what everyone else looks at. They want the gold.. the gold that won't be around when ya die. You can't take it with ya.. so it's value is limited. My value I've offered to you is limitless. You keep goin' up to them hills sifting for the next treasure.. a championship.. a number one contender spot.. an alliance.. but when you're gone.. that value will be worthless. All that'll be left is dirt where you stood. Not even a memory will be remembered about you. Salvation is an unseen value to the naked eye, but something of worth for all eternity. Blinded by selfish ambition. Tisk.. Tisk. You poor souls. Salvation stood at your front door.. on your doorstep.. and knocked! You didn't want company. He wasn't a friend of yours so you let the knock go until he decided to leave you alone. It's leaving with or without ya.

Eli's fishing rod moves a bit and he starts reeling in a fish. It's a pretty good size bass. Eli takes it off the hook and just holds it tightly in his hand as it flops around trying to get back in the water. Eli smiles.

Eli James IV "This fish.. without water.. dies. It never knew his day would come to be caught. He just swam and swam. I've called it out of the water, not to live but die. Hehe.

Everyone of ya need somethin to survive. You hold onto somethin'.. it's why you're here. A promise made to someone? Maybe a promise you made to yourself. A dream you've had a long time and tryin' to make it a reality. The dream... that promise.. is why you're still here. You survived all your moments to live for that dream or promise. Without it.. you're dead. Another fish getting caught by the hook and removed from the very thing you need to survive.

My message divides. To some it offers life. To others it causes death. It's a stepping stone to some and a stumbling block to the rest. Regardless, in my words are life. It's all ya need to survive.. and my words won't ever fade away.

Eli just throws the fish deeper onto the land with a big grin on his face. He drops his fishing rod and decides to go for a stroll away from the lake into the field of trees.

[Image: N1KpZEA.jpg]

1x Universal Champion
1x Undefeated Trio Champion (1/3)
1x Undefeated Tag Team Champion
1x Undefeated European Champion
2x Undefeated UFO/FTW (Ark of the Covenant) Champion
1x United States Champion
2013 July Star of the Month
The One Who Ended & The Administrator
Former Owner of the XWF
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Great Buzzard Eli James IV's post: