Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-16-2024, 10:56 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Under The Bigtop
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

02-21-2021, 06:36 PM

Centurion: Dean Rose, welcome...to the big top.

(We open up as a dark area turns light, and we see Centurion standing inside of big top circus tent. He is dressed as a master of ceremonies - top hat, red suit, cane, the whole nine yards, and around him are various other circus performers doing a variety of different acts. Centurion walks forward toward the camera, holding his arms out and spinning around in the process in order to take in the full space of his surroundings.)

Centurion: Professional wrestling got it's start as a carnival attraction. It's true. Back during the 19th century, you would go to the traveling carnival show to see the firebreather, the tight rope walkers, and the pro wrestlers. It would attract major attention of folks in the nearby towns, so much so that gambling on professional wrestling matches became a major past time in post-Civil War America. Of course, that gambling wasn't always on the up and up. There were often tricks used so the wrestlers and the carnies got their money, while the rest of the crowd got scammed.

This was 150 years ago, and yet... professional wrestling still hasn't evolved much past the carnival days. In fact, you could say the entire thing is just one big carnival, only with better production values.

(Centurion walks over to a small pool of water. As he does, a woman comes flying out of the air and into the shallow water, making a mighty splash. The woman, amazingly, stands up without a scratch on her.)

Centurion: Death defying stunts! Breaking the laws of gravity itself! Very similar to our wrestlers today, is it not? Flying though the air and landing in ways that would kill a normal man, and yet, the performer makes it out completely fine. A margin of error so thin that being off by mere inches can cause the end of someone's life. And why? Why do these insane things?

For the thrill of the fans! For the rush of adrenaline that courses through a daredevils body when they are floating in that space between life and death. That same feeling that young ladies chased while wearing wool bathing suits is the same feeling chased by young wrestlers willing to dive headfirst off the ladders or jump off of jumbotrons.

(Centurion walks forward a bit more, and sees a muscly man in an old timey singlet lifting a dumbbell set with ease. He twirls the end of his waxed mustache and laughs as Centurion marvels at his feat.)

Centurion: The strongman! A classic staple of any entertainment project. Someone who's strength is unlimited. Who could life buildings - hell, could lift MOUNTAINS! It's the person we all publicly hate, but we all secretly want to be.

Throughout most of the history of professional wrestling, this was your champion. The person who brought folks into the door. The one you either wanted to see beat people up, or the one you want to see finally get what's coming to him. This existed for generations...until just recently. Now it's no longer the strongman who runs the show.

(As Centurion says this, the old timey strongman gets blasted in the back with a steel chair. Standing over him is someone much younger - about 5'6", barely 200 pounds, and slightly feminine looking. He has medium length hair, which is two toned, and the expression on his face is muted.)

Centurion: Strength doesn't mean shit in this business anymore. Now, it's all about smarts. It's all about charisma. It's about whether or not you can turn any situation into an advantage. Dean, I hope you've been paying attention to professional wrestling over the past few years. I hope you're learning about what makes a great wrestler and what makes a loser. You can't just run down to the ring and throw people around anymore.

This is your first major match, Dean. I know you have Liam Roberts a few days before you face me, but that dude sucks. This is your first true test. And this may come as a shock to you...but I've done my research on you. You certainly don't lack in confidence. You're willing to throwdown with anyone and everyone, because you think you're the baddest dude on the planet. There's a circus act that fits you nicely. You're…

(Before Centurion can speak, a loud roar is heard from next to him. Centurion grins as he takes a few steps, the camera following him along the way. He then approaches a lion, walking loose on the floor of the circus tent.)

Centurion: ...the lion.

You're tough. There is no doubt about it. You have every intention of getting into the building and absolutely mauling everyone around you. If you are left unchecked, you will turn people into your breakfast. You are the fiercest, most powerful being on the planet! ...at least, that's what you think.

But let me ask you something, Dean. When was the last time you saw the lion actually hurt anyone in the carnival? How many stories of lions attacking humans do you actually hear? Except for that Sigfred & Roy situation, it just doesn't happen. The lions are ferocious beasts...until they're contained.

Ah, so I guess that leaves you wondering just who I would be in this circus known as professional wrestling? Well, that's patently obvious. I'm the ringmaster.

I am not the high flyer. I am not the strong man. I am not the most charismatic or the flashiest. What I am, however, is the glue that keeps it all together. When other performers come and go, I am here, making the money running the show. Without the other performers, you wouldn't have fans. Without me, you wouldn't have a show. I'm the MVP that no one wants to address. More importantly, I'm the one who outlasts the others - the strongman, the highflyer, and the lion. When they're gone, when they've been burned out and used up, I'm still here, ushering in another group of performers to put on the same circus act year after year.

What's my point, Dean? It's this - I'm not going to get to know you. Not really. You're coming in with a lot of fire and a lot of heart. That's great. Do you know how many others have come in exactly the same way you have? Literally thousands. And these performers barely last a month before they're gone, only to be replaced by some new, faceless being who is ready to be the next great superstar.

Go back and watch some old XWF shows. Take a look at some of the talent you see in the ring. At times, you will see big names and legendary superstars, but you'll also see names that have been lost in the sands of time. Have you ever heard of the name Nate Diddy? How about Human Grenade? Silverbullet? Steve Sandin? Maybe you've heard of Asylum? Oh, of course you've heard of Little Demo. No? None of them? Well, let me tell you - they were all "can't miss" superstars. They were all supposedly future World Champions. And now they are completely forgotten about - barely even recognized, save for old tape traders and a mention on the 9th page of Google.

This is your future, Dean. This is what you have to look forward to. Enjoy your career selling insurance, because that's going to be your next move after you meet your…

FINAL FANTASY!!!

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 214-97-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Centurion's post:
ALIAS (02-24-2021), Atticus Gold (02-25-2021), Ruby (02-21-2021)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 6 users Hate Centurion's post!
(02-21-2021), ALIAS (02-24-2021), Chris Page (02-21-2021), Dean Rose (02-21-2021), Miss Fury (02-22-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (02-21-2021)