Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 09-23-2024, 02:22 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Mayhem Makes a Call (Part 2)
Cade Legend

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-14-2013, 08:51 AM

LEGENDS ARE FOREVER

It's been a long time since the musty stench of workout gear got stuck in his nose and he's starting to feel the itch.

That burn in the pit of every competitor’s stomach that compels him back into action. He tried to ignore it but it kept calling him, tugging him like a small child begging for attention.

That's why he's back. He's back to stop the throbbing in his head. To stop that voice that keeps telling him that he still has something left to prove. He's back to rebuild his Legend.

Why he chose XWF is an entirely different story..

Cade: No... What makes you think a guy like me...What is it about me that could possibly lead you to believe that I need to get permission from her to do a damn thing??

Cade slumped down in the driver’s side seat of the black corvette and continued barking into his cell phone at an old friend. They built a bond over the years and the battles and they were really more like family. They were like family but not quite blood.

Cade: I told you I don't need her blessing, I don't need yours either so...I don't really know what else to tell you. I love you but we all have to make our own decisions about when it's time to hang it up for good and as far as I can tell I'm in my prime.

He's right. He is in his prime. He's in the shape of his life and all the time off may have allowed some rust to form but it also kept him bump free and fresh, rife with desire for another title run.

Cade: Listen man I'll be in touch. You guys should join me out here at some point....I know it’s crazy. XWF of all places....but what can I say I've got family business to attend to.

With that Cade ended the call and turned on the ignition to the car. He revved the engine a few times before returning his sunglasses to his face. It’s funny how things work out. It’s funny how timing dictates an outcome.
When Cade decided that he wanted to get back in the ring he didn’t know where to start. His last run was with a nightmare of a company and he didn’t want to make that mistake again. Then his phone rang and everything became clearer. It was like some divine force had intervened to show the way.

When he answered the phone he could hardly believe the voice on the other end.

After the accident Cade was sure that he wouldn’t ever hear from Mike Mayhem again.

Mayhem spoke to Cade with genuine concern in his voice.

Mayhem was worried that things might be getting a little out of control. That Chris might fall short of his goal.

Chris couldn’t see it. Even if he could see it, he’s too crazy to admit that maybe, just maybe he could use some help.

But that was Mike Mayhem’s job. That’s why Chris Legend kept him around; to see the forest for the trees, even while they were both in the thick of it.

In talking to Mayhem Cade could sense the gravity of the situation even as mike tried to downplay it and so Cade agreed to a meeting.

When he came face to face with his cousin for the first time in years the tension was real. It was palpable but it was also familiar.

Neither Legend really wanted to admit it but they were happy to see each other. In the craziest of times nothing is as welcome as a familiar face.

They kept the conversation professional. Chris laid out his situation in no uncertain terms and Cade did the same. After all, this wasn’t Cade’s first rodeo. He’s been around the block a few times. He’s been in Japan, he’s worked the territories and he’s had his title runs but this time things are going to be different.

This time Cade cherished the opportunity more than any opportunity he had in the past because not only could he rebuild his reputation and his legacy, he could also rebuild his friendship with a man he used to look at as a brother. This time he could rebuild his family.
With that thought Cade sighed and drove off into the sunset…

Cade: The Bullshit is for now....but Legends are forever.