Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 09-18-2024, 05:39 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
| On The Brink Of Defeat | At The Edge Of Glory |
Game Girl Offline
(ง︡'-'︠)ง

XWF FanBase:
Kids, disabled people, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

03-03-2015, 07:41 PM Star  | On The Brink Of Defeat | At The Edge Of Glory | -->

WORLD 3 - LEVEL 3

Game Boy sits in the shade of a tree, eating a delicious sandwich. His brow is lowered as he looks ahead, chewing on the brown bread, lettuce, tomatoes, ham, pepperoni, sour cream, cucumber, thinly sliced cheese, with sesame seeds on the bread. . . I wish I could enjoy food. Anyway, the sandwich is great, Game Boy should enjoy it, but he is distracted while chewing the gourmet snack as the blue orb repeats the same sentence over and over.

Loverboy Vinnie Lane Said:Listen, Game Boy thinks he’s got a leg up on me because he’s used being a hero… bullshit. You’re a toy. You’re a hero in the same way that the little dog from Monopoly is rich. You live in a world free of consequence, free of anything meaningful, because all you serve to do is entertain a bunch of hipsters playing throwback video games.

[Image: jOw0Xsd.png]
". . ."

Loverboy Vinnie Lane Said:Listen, Game Boy thinks he’s got a leg up on me because he’s used being a hero… bullshit. You’re a toy. You’re a hero in the same way that the little dog from Monopoly is rich. You live in a world free of consequence, free of anything meaningful, because all you serve to do is entertain a bunch of hipsters playing throwback video games.

Game Boy swallows the mouthful of succulent bread and filling and rest the sandwich to his side, I hope ants don't ruin it.

"Firstly you're missing a word out there Vinnie. Now, I mess up every once in a while but I blame the translation from my original language to whatever language you're hearing this in. Secondly. . Set Power of Trash Talk to 80% . . .What exactly makes us different? Despite the obvious appearance and how we were created. I entertain the masses by doing what I do, you entertain the masses by doing what you do. Again, typically human selfishness. Just because you live in a different world, that automatically means what you do is more important for no rhyme or reason. I fight, I claw, I do things that make a difference and make an impact. But just because I'm different, just because I live in a different world. I'm wrong. BullsCENSORED."

"You're such a hypocrite Lane, and a little Xenophobic. Me and Mystica don't matter because we're not human. I mean less because I was created by humans, Mystica means less because he has the power that could create humans but doesn't use that power to make your own personal life better. Selfishness. It's a plague. You are the flea on the back of a rat carrying a plague to the masses, you are a sickness that must be erased. A sickly dog that has to be put down. A child that must be disciplined. An evil that must be purged. A ghost that needs to be exorcised."

"What am I a hero for? Saving my people. Protecting my world. Trying to help your world. What are you a hero for? Being giving infinite chances to do the most simplistic chances like win a belt to add to your self worth? You're so concerned with trying to be funny you're not even realizing how stupid you sound. My game was never released, we spread out of the data of the world we know and searched the physical world. No one has played my game. So, all these stupid jokes your making mean nothing. Want me to explain it a little better for you to understand dimwit? It's like that movie in your world, Toy Story, except I don't give a fCENSORED who sees me."

"You talk about how real heroes don't disappear almost immediately after saying I have infinite chances, after a previous promo were you said I have infinite continues and lives. According to you, I will never disappear. I've tried my best to help everyone I can since I can remember, that is the true mark of a hero. A hero isn't born, a hero is made. A hero doesn't walk in and tell people he is a hero and expect others to believe him. The title is earned, not given. The only record book you will be written in is the book of whiny b***hes. Crybaby Pamela, some tool who thought he was a hero only to be proven wrong time and time again, a pathetic pile of skin and bone who thought he could achieve great heights despite the mountain of evidence that he was anything but immortal. You are nothing to me Vinnie. . . . You are nothing. Why must I concern myself with you? I feel nothing when I talk to you. It's sad. A hero should help everyone and destroy anything evil, but when I see you with your girlish hair and hipster retro clothing, I feel nothing. You are a neutral party who is sadly caught in the crossfire and nobody cares enough about you to take you by the hand and pull you out of there."

"And, no matter how evil LH Harrison is now. He was a good man once, I hope he returns. Maybe I can help with that, but not now. I'm tired of being annoyed and angry by people who don't factor in my life. I need to focus on what's ahead, and you two are hitchhiker's on the road. Sorry Harrison and Lane, but your victory is in another match. Goodbye, and good luck. . Send to XWF."

The orb flies high into the air after Game Boy pokes it. GB watches the orb fly high away and picks up his sandwich and continues to enjoy it. He speaks with a mouthful of food.

"Durn ov Power ov Drash Dalk." *Gulp* "Sorry you had to hear that."

On the opposite side of the tree Paige sits with her knees close to her chest, wide eyed nibbling on a croissant. She swallows the fine pastry and wipes her mouth.

[Image: zEyc4UV.png?3]
"It's okay. What were those words you said?"

"Gretchin calls them Dragon Shouts. Ancient dialect that are used to cause pain and humiliation."

"Wow. Dragon shouts. That's amazing Game Boy."

A smug smile sets on Game Boy's face as he stuffs his mouth with the last of his sandwich, swallowing the fine snack and licking his fingers clean. He stands up straight an stretches his arms out widely. He rubs his full belly as he surveys the and, mostly grass and wheat fields, the only structure a small farm house.

"There's a house nearby, maybe Palanius the Strong lives there.

Paige quickly scoffs her croissant and walks around the tree to Game Boy, shielding her eyes from the setting sun.

"No harm in checking. Man, that croissant hit the spot."

"Lol yeah. Good thing we found this Lunch Tree."

The couple walk down the small hill past the Lunch Tree they sat under, all that delicious food will go to waste. How do Lunch Trees even sprout? Is a scrambled egg carried away by a passing eagle and the yoke drops to plant a new tasty seed? . . . I'm getting off track, pardon me. Our heroes walk closer to the small farm house, passing through the wheat fields, the dry dirt under their heels. Game Boy looks to Paige.

"So, what made you want to help stop The Corruption? No offence but you don't strike me as the nose to the grindstone heroine."

"Heh. Isn't it enough that I don't want to die? Or see my home destroyed?"

"You would think that'd be enough wouldn't you, but hundreds of thousands of others stand by doing nothing while the land they live on is lost. It takes guts to make a stand, their must be a reason?"

". . . When I was growing up in the capital, I never knew my parents. I was raised in an orphanage most my life. I stole every so often, fell into a rough crowd, but I was read tales of the old adventurers and heroes. And listening those stories, I was like wow. I want to do that. So I did. Then The Corruption started and I did nothing. . . Nothing. I want to make up for that."

"That's pretty noble."

"What about you? What made Game Boy want to become a hero?"

"I'm not sure. I guess I was just programmed to become one."

"Oh you know that's not true. You said it yourself, a hero isn't born."

"Hm. Well, I woke up in the Capital. The place was on fire, just the entire city was up in flames. The clouds were black and people were screaming in agony. I had no idea were I was, no idea what I was. But I moved through the city, past the flames and destroyed every evil thing that was in my path. I- ... I tried to save everyone I could but sometimes I was too late. I just needed to save them, like someone else was making me go further and search everywhere. I ran and searched and I fought. And I saw her. . . It. The face of death. Then blackness. I woke up outside of the Capital surrounded by a group of knights in shining armor. One of the heal my wounds and said, 'good job kid.' I felt so proud. I did good, I tried my best, and I wanted that feeling every day. So, I tried my hardest and I helped stop the Corruption once. We can do it again."

"You woke up? Is that the first thing you can remember?"

"Yeah. Why? Is that weird?"

"Yes! A little. No childhood memories at all?"

"Er. . No. I just woke up. Went from black to reality as quick as a flash."

"That is so odd."

"To you maybe."

Our heroes get to the door of the house, Game Boy twists the iron knob of the door and lets himself in, Paige following behind. A man sits by a roaring fire place, not taking notice of the two. Paige strolls over to some large ornate pots and unsheathes her hammer from her back, breaking the pots open and collection the coins and supplies inside. Game Boy walks in front of the man, waving his hand in his wrinkled face.

"Er, hello?"

"I AM
ERROR."

"Hello Error, I'm Game Boy."

"I AM
ERROR."

Game Boy rolls his eyes and looks to Paige looting the room.

"Yeah this dude is far gone."

"Good, was almost thinking what we are doing is wrong."

"Yeah. You know on Urf people lock their doors? It's even illegal to enter someone's home without permission!"

"That's crazy!? How do people refill there health and get loot?"

"Go to hospitals, work. Boring stuff."

Game Boy stops still as he hears the clanging of armor draw near. Game Boy and Paige stare at the wooden door as the sound of heavy armor stamping on the cobblestone path draws ever closer. And stops at the door. The tension is brutal. Silence from both sides until the door bursts open. Game Boy does not hesitate he rushes the giant armor clad enemy, the knight quickly raises his sword but GB headbutts the enemy to the outside before he can take a swipe. Paige rushes out to the two. The knight skids across the dirt, staying on his feet as Game Boy kneels on the ground, a blue aura surrounding his fist as he roars and rushes the knight once more who raises his sword high and drives it down on the incoming Game Boy but GB throws his fist against it. A cling, a kick up of dust and a large white flash fills the area. . . . . . The dust settles, Game Boy and the knight are fairly far way from each other on their backs, breathing heavy. GB is stunned, but smiling. The knight laughs, not a wicked laugh but one of joy, he sits up still bellowing with laughter.

[Image: ulVa5rW.png?2]
"HAR HAR HAR HAR! There is only one kid I know strong enough to pull that off."

Game Boy chuckles sitting up staring the knight in the helmet.

"Palanius! Haha! You still hit like a behemoth man."

Both men get to their feet dusting themselves off as Paige looks on in awe. The two heroes meet in the middle, GB shakes Palanius the Strong's index finger and release, as per usual in a handshake.

"Look at you lad! Haven't aged a day."

"Wish I could say the same to you, suit of armor is looking pretty worn."

"Aye, but it still holds and my blade isn't dull. There are worse fates. Who's your friend?"

"Oh sorry, this is Paige, she's on her way to be a hero."

Palanius makes a slight bow/

"M'lady. So, Game Boy. What brings you out here? Surely your past your questing days?"

Paige is timid to respond to Palanius bow as she continues her pathetic wave.

"Far from it actually, still helping where I can. But the reason we're here. . .The Corruption is back."

". . . . That explains that black pillar I saw shoot into the sky. Alright lad, what do you need from an old soldier?"

"Go to the castle, Princess is building her forces for a plan of attack."

"Very good. I'd hate to abandon the farm though, Error will be lonely and no one will tend to the wheat."

"We can send farmers from one of the villages to help while your away."

"Can you promise this to me friend?"

"You have my word."

"Good. I shall make haste at once, I'll see you both there?"

"You will."

"OH! Sir Palanius!"

"Har Har! I'm no Sir, M'lady."

"And I'm no Lady, we can't all be perfect. But we're looking for one more hero who fought the Corruption. Andraste the Good?"

Palanius looks down at Paige and sighs deeply.

"I can take you to him, he's not far from here."

The three begin to walk through the wheat fields opposite from the hill our heroes sat upon. The scene briefly fades to black.

ONE HOUR LATER...

The scene fades back in on a lonely hill, the sun almost set as a dark orange lights the sky and shadow begins to fall across the land. Palanius, Game Boy and Paige slowly walk up the hill to a small dark grey boulder, the hilt of a sword driven into it. The three get to the top of the hill and look at the boulder in silence, only the slight breeze brushing through the nearby trees can be heard. Game Boy steps close to examine a plaque on the shaped rock.

Here lies Andraste the Good.

Hero of Narfinex.
Savior of Eridium City
Slayer of Dai'Thunksla the Devourer

Brave son of Thedas II and Madeline Bedaux
Loving father to his children Balor and Cassandra
Caring husband to his with Lilly

May he find peace, when he only knew war.

Silence. Comforting yet depressing, the three just bow their heads for a minute not saying a word. Palanius lightly places his gauntlet on Game Boy's head.

"Take the sword lad."

Game Boy hesitates, he looks to Palanius who removes his hand from GB's head and nods. GB looks to Paige who simply looks back, trying to break a smile behind her wet eyes. He turns to the tombstone of Andraste. Game Boy reaches out his hand, gingerly, slowly. He wraps his right hand tightly around the hilt, then his left firmly grasps the hilt. Game Boy pulls with all his might, trying his best not to place a foot on the fallen hero's tombstone. He pulls and pulls, the stone cracks slightly, Game Boy uses all his force his face turning red until. He falls back, the sword sliding from the stone. Exhausted he stares at the sword gets to his feet, the blade glowing a peculiar red energy, he smiles and raises the sword in the air.

SWORD OF HEROES ACQUIRED!
[Image: scott_victory.gif]

When Equipped:
+2 STR
+5 WILL
+1 INT

Game Boy inspects the sword, a smirk on his face. Palanius chuckles to himself.

"If you ever needed to prove you are indeed a hero to anyone, that sword is more than proof. You and it will make Andraste proud."

"Thank you."

"We should go, it's getting dark."

"Yeah, we need our rest. We have a war to win."

WORLD 3 - LEVEL 3 COMPLETE!

GAME SAVED.

[Image: mAmAfiJ.png]

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Game Girl's post:
red-x (04-19-2020)