Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 09-18-2024, 06:08 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
An Unexpected Visitor: RP 2
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

12-09-2013, 01:02 AM

Monday, December 9, 2013 – 2:47 AM EST – Old Saybrook, CT

I knew it. I knew driving drunk was a bad idea. Instead of calling Jake and having him send me a ride, I took a chance. I took a risk that could have cost me my life. Or some innocent bystanders life. To be completely honest, had I killed somebody, I wouldn't have worried much about it.

No, no one got hurt. My truck, on the other hand, is an entirely different story. I pretty much smashed it against a tree about five hundred yards from the front gates of the Compound. Through my drunken, blurred vision, I can still tell the truck is a total loss. I stand in the grass off the side of the road and look around at the bits and pieces of what was once the front end of my truck. Big Bertha. The tree branch that passed through the windshield and came within barely a half a foot from impaling me still remains inside the truck. The hood is peeled back and crushed. The engine smashed against the firewall.

Rest in peace, Big Bertha.

Now, I need a ride. I pull out my cell phone and call Jacob. After a few rings, he answers.

THE MESSENGER: “What's up?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I need a ride.”

THE MESSENGER: “Are you drunk?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Yeah, pretty much.”

THE MESSENGER: “Alright, where are you?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “About five hundred yards west of the gate.”

THE MESSENGER: “Why can't you just walk? It's not that far.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Just get the hell out here!”

I hang up and decided to sit on my opened tailgate as I await Jacob. A few minutes later, I can see the headlights coming closer. The blacked out Suburban slows to a stop, but I don't move. Jacob gets out of the truck and walks toward me, surveying the damage.

THE MESSENGER: “What the hell did you do!?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I hit a tree. What the fuck does it look like?”

He looks at me and runs over to me.

THE MESSENGER: “Jesus Christ! You have blood pouring out of your head!”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Yeah. I headbutted the windshield.”

THE MESSENGER: “Come on! Let's get you home. I'll send the guys out to collect the truck in the morning.

“What's left of it anyway.”

It was a short, quiet ride back to the Compound. Jake helped me upstairs and I showered and then collapsed into bed.

Monday, December 9, 2013 – 9:04 AM EST – The Compound – Old Saybrook, CT

I woke up and did the things I always did in the morning. Took that long morning piss, got a quick bite to eat, then headed into the library with my coffee. Unfortunately, my father and Jake are already here. I take my usual chair and try to act as if nothing happened.

ASMODEUS: “Would you care to explain yourself?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Nope.”

ASMODEUS: “Jacob told me you wrecked your truck after you went out and got yourself all liquored up.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Yep.”

THE MESSENGER: “The men are out gathering the truck right now.”

ASMODEUS: “What the hell kind of idiot did I raise!? To go and get yourself drunk, then drive yourself home!? You could have been killed, Sebastian! Then my life's work, OUR life's work, all gone in an instant! Is that what you want?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Look, you can save the lecture, alright.”

ASMODEUS: “NO! You listen to me! You're the King of god damned Darkness! Your the tag team champion! This week, you close out the XWF's first year of Darkness and destruction! You're about to...”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “ENOUGH!”

I've heard enough. As if you couldn't already tell that part.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Yes! It was a stupid decision! Everything turned out okay. There won't be a next time, so drop it!”

It is then, that Matthew walks in, looking worried.

ASMODEUS: “What is it, Matthew?”

MATTHEW: “I, uh, just got a, uh, call from the guard shack. The, uh, Connecticut State Police are here.”

Asmodeus strokes his forehead with his right hand.

ASMODEUS: “Turned out okay, did it?”

I don't respond to that. It was just begging for another argument.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Allow them through.”

I leave the library in time to meet the police at the front door. Two men in suits stand before me. Not your typical police uniform.

MATTHEW: “Sir, this is Detective Barnes, and Detective Ewing.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Detectives? For a simple car accident?”

The two men look at each other quizzically. I extend my hand and shake both of their hands. Detective Ewing is the first to speak.

DETECTIVE EWING: “Mr. Duke, this isn't about any car accident. Can we talk in private?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Sure. Follow me into the library.”

If it's not about the accident, then what could it be about?

I lead them into the library. Matthew comes in a few moments later with a couple mugs of coffee for the detectives.

DETECTIVE BARNES: “Mr. Duke, we're with the missing persons division of the Connecticut State Police.”

Oh fuck. That's what this is about.

DETECTIVE BARNES: “A woman by the name of Caitlyn Nguyen was reported missing about a month ago. Do you know her?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Yeah. Her and I dated briefly this spring.”

DETECTIVE BARNES: “How long, exactly?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Oh, I don't know. A few weeks. A month, maybe. I'm in a business that requires a lot of travel, so, we didn't get to see each other much and we just kind of mutually broke it off. Great girl though.”

DETECTIVE EWING: “She was reported missing by her father. You were listed as her only known acquaintance. Dr. Nguyen hoped you could help.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “This is rather unfortunate, Detective Ewing. She's a harmless woman. So kind. Gentle. She'd never hurt a soul. Who would want to hurt her!?”

DETECTIVE EWING: “Calm down, Mr. Duke. So far, this is only a missing person.”

DETECTIVE BARNES: “As of yet, we have no reason to suspect any harm has come to her.”

Well, not yet at least.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Honestly, Detectives, I wish I could be of more help.”

DETECTIVE EWING: “You're a pretty hard guy to track down, Mr. Duke. It took us a good month to find you.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I like to keep a low profile. I don't like my personal life getting interrupted on a daily basis by fans of the show.”

DETECTIVE BARNES: “I can understand that.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I really wish I had more information for you, gentlemen. It's unfortunate that I do not.”

The two men stand up.

DETECTIVE EWING: “I guess this is a dead end, Barnes.”

Not yet.

DETECTIVE BARNES: “Mr. Duke, I'm going to leave you my card in case anything pops into your mind. Alright?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Absolutely. If I think of anything, I wouldn't hesitate to get a hold of you.”

DETECTIVE BARNES: “Good.”

The detectives begin to leave. Ewing stops at the door.

DETECTIVE EWING: “Oh, I almost forgot.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Forgot what?”

DETECTIVE EWING: “While investigating Ms. Nguyens apartment, I came across a diary of hers. Well, more like a journal. Anyhow, a journal entry dated October 8 says she went to New York City to meet with you in Central Park.”

DETECTIVE BARNES: “That's interesting because that wasn't long before she was reported missing.”

DETECTIVE EWING: “It's also interesting because that makes you a liar.”

Fuck me.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I truly don't know what she was referring to. Maybe someone was trying to coax her to New York so they could take her.”

DETECTIVE EWING: “And you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “No. No, I wouldn't.”

DETECTIVE BARNES: “I didn't think so.”

DETECTIVE EWING: “It'd be best if you didn't leave Connecticut, Mr. Duke. We'll be in touch.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I have a career that I'll be continuing. It requires extensive travel all over the world on a weekly basis.”

DETECTIVE EWING: “Then I suggest you hurry back, Mr. Duke.”

Ewing gives me a nod and he and his partner exit my Compound. A few minutes later, Jake and Asmodeus are in the library with me.

ASMODEUS: “So? What was that about?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Caitlyn.”

Jake and Asmodeus exchange a troubled look.

ASMODEUS: “What did they say.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “They told me not to leave Connecticut.”

THE MESSENGER: “That means...”

ASMODEUS: “You're their prime suspect.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “It looks that way.”

ASMODEUS: “Don't you worry. We'll think of something. We'll figure something out.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “How long until my Prince arrives?”

THE MESSENGER: “Any day now.”

ASMODEUS: “Good.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “The sooner the better. I need her the hell out of here before they bring a fucking search warrant!”

THE MESSENGER: “You can't just force her to birth the child.”

ASMODEUS: “Well, the point is, we don't have much time. They will be back with a warrant. When that day comes, there can be no sign of her. Nothing to suggest she's ever been here.”

Tick... Tick... Tick... The time on your King of Darkness, just might be running out.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Sebastian Duke's post:
Archie Lawson (12-10-2013), Theo Pryce (12-09-2013)