Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-28-2024, 11:06 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Lethal Lottery 2 Entire Tourney + PPV RP Archive
To The Family (Part 2 of 2)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

10-23-2013, 09:34 AM

OOC: This RP is a continuation of:

http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=7672

Over the course of history no great man has ever accomplished anything without great risk. And while many may prefer and even proclaim aloud that it’s easier to be the guy no one remembers than the guy everyone wants to be, Theo has believed since day one that a life of mediocrity, a life of just being another cog in the wheel is not and was never a part of his grand plan. Call it ego, call it the pitfalls of growing up wealthy and privileged, but Theo Pryce knows that Greatness is his goal in life, it is his raison d’être.

It has been almost a month since Theo Pryce decided to come out of his comfort zone and join the XWF. And in that brief period of time Theo has gone from the rich guy living out a fantasy to the guy who shows up during the XWF’s Premier Madness match and sends a message to Sebastian Duke and the rest of his Brotherhood. But of course Theo couldn’t do it alone. Shane , owner of the XWF and leader of The Black Circle, John Madison, the now deposed GM of Warfare and the other members of The Black Circle, Luca, Nova and NAZI all of them have played a part in Theo’s rise. Theo never enters into a partnership without some assurances that both parties will benefit from said partnership. The Black Circle was a group with a long history of greatness. Though there have been many incarnations this one is said to be the best. And of course being the best is something that attracted Theo from the start. Call it fate, call it being in the right place at the right time but John Madison and by extension The Black Circle had a need and Theo Pryce, billionaire, playboy was able to fill that need. The Black Circle is now stronger. Theo Pryce is now stronger. The rest of XWF is now fucked.

Pryce Towers. Theo Pryce’s Office.

“So Mark, what did you find out?”

“Well Theo it’s all pretty compelling, there is no doubt what so ever that your suspicions were correct. She is exactly who you think she is.”

“And you shared this with no one correct?”

“Of course not. I did all the field research myself.”

“Thank you Mark. Talk to Kristy the Secretary on your way out. She will cut you a check, unless you prefer cash and we can work that out as well.”

“Doesn’t make a difference to me. As long as there is money in the bank a check works just fine.”

“I see what you did there. You always were the comedian Mark. Thanks for your help, and I would appreciate your discretion on this.”

“Of course. Discretion is paramount in our business.”

“That it is.”

:: As Mark turns and exits the room Theo presses a button on his phone and Kristy the receptions picks up from the other end. ::

“Yes Mr. Pryce?”

“Mark Farrell is about to come by your desk, please cut him a check for whatever amount he asks for. And please send Jimmy in.”

“Right away Mr. Pryce.”

:: Theo presses the button on his phone again to close the line and then turns around to stare out the bank of windows that make up the outer wall of his office. On the other side of the windows is the cityscape of downtown Phoenix. While it’s not the metropolitan madhouse that is New York or Los Angeles there is something serene, almost, romantic about the mountains that are off in the distance providing the perfect backdrop for the Valley of the Sun. A moment later the doors to Theo’s office open and in strolls Jimmy Durance. ::

“Great job last night Mr. Pryce.”

“Oh you caught it did you?”

“I sure did. Even though I know you only wrestle on Warfare I figured I would give the program a chance just to see if it was any good, and boy was it. But I have a question for you.”

“Shoot.”

“The other day you said that you didn’t have a problem with what Sebastian Duke and his brood did to you before your match over the weekend that, you commended it, and yet last night you attacked him and his Brotherhood why? Was it revenge? Was it for fun?”

“It wasn’t for revenge Jimmy. I can assure you of that. And while I didn’t do it with the sole intention of having fun, that certainly was one of the welcome by products of what happened. No Jimmy, you see what happened last night was about one thing and one thing only. And that was sending a message. You see if I wanted to extract revenge I would have involved myself in Sebastian Duke’s match. But you see I have no personal stake in whether he won or lost, the same thing could be said for his opponent. So from where I sat, which was ring side by the way, it made more sense for me to let Havok and Duke beat the ever living daylights out of each other and then, when the final bell was rung I would do what I needed to do. This wasn’t about me trying to cost Duke his match; unlike that failed attempt at being a leader my goal was simple. To let him and the rest of his merry bunch of rejects in on a little secret, that I am not someone to be fucked with. And if the Brotherhood thinks that they can insert themselves in my match so as to try and win some dick measuring contest they will regret it. That’s not a threat, it’s a promise. Mr. has been gracious enough to allow my personal security force to accompany me to all XWF events. And of course, in the spirit of partnership that same security force will be available to The Black Circle when ever and wherever they need them. Not that they really should. I’d take the smaller numbers of The Black Circle over the bloated ranks of The Brotherhood any day of the week and twice on Sundays.”

“So are you a member of The Black Circle now?”

“Great question, one I unfortunately don’t have the time to answer for you right now. Perhaps later. I called you in here because I wanted to know if the results are back from the lab.”

“Yes they are. I have them right here.”

:: Jimmy hands over a manila folder to Theo who quickly opens it, takes a look at page one, flips up the bottom to read the end of page two shuts the folder and puts it on his desk. ::

“Thank you Jimmy. And no one read the results, including you?”

“That’s correct Mr. Pryce, I had the Lab Tech run the test, print the results and put them in the folder. I then instructed him, per your directive to delete the any record of the test as well as its results.”

“Fantastic. And what was the name of the tech that ran the test?”

“Her name was Faith Mercer.”

“Thanks Jimmy. Now if you could, please do me one last favor and then feel free to take the rest of the afternoon off.”

“Really? Thanks Mr. Pryce, what can I do for you?”

“Please ask Kristy to assist you in clearing out this wing of the floor. Tell them they all can have a 2 hour paid lunch break.”

“Is everything ok Mr. Pryce?”

“Yes, everything is fine. I just have something I need to take care of and I would prefer that it be quiet around here when I do.”

“Understood sir.”

:: No sooner does Jimmy depart the office and the doors open again and Erica Rayner walks in with a somewhat frantic look about her. ::

“Theo, we need to talk.”

“Funny you should say that, I was just thinking the same thing. Is everything alright?”

“I’m not sure yet.”

“Well what’s wrong?”

“I just got off the phone with my mother, apparently a guy stopped by her house yesterday asking some questions about me, about her and her past, about my college scholarship, all kinds of things. He gave me mother a name but when I looked it up on our database I got no hits, the guy doesn’t exist.”

“Erica, have a seat.”

:: Erica takes a second to calm herself and then takes a seat on Theo’s leather couch. ::

“Erica, what do you know about your father?”

“My what?”

“Your father, what do you know about him? His name, where he lives, if he’s indeed still alive, anything?”

“I never met my father. What does this have to do with anything?”

“I’m getting to that. You said you never met your father, but that’s not entirely true.”

“I’m sorry. What do you know of the matter? What is this about?”

:: Theo walks over to his desk and picks up two manila folders. He takes the papers from the one folder and inserts them into the other folder and then placing the empty folder back onto his desk. ::

“Erica a few weeks ago you made the comment to me that you couldn’t be fired, that it would essentially take an act of congress to have you removed from your duties here at Pryce Industries. I found that to be odd. Not the comment so much but rather the ramifications of it. So I did some digging.”

“You thought I was lying to you?”

“No, in fact I was certain you were being honest with me. You had no reason to lie as you knew I could verify your claim rather easily. The reason I did some digging was to find out why my father, an guy who actually has an ego that would trump my own as well as having a bit of a paranoid side would hand out a contract such as yours.”

“And did your digging yield an answer?”

“In fact it did. And that answer also ties into the question I asked you a moment ago, as well as the gentlemen who visited your mother.”

“Wait, you sent him?”

“Yes I did. He is a man I use from time to time to dig up information that no one else can come up with. As you yourself discovered he is very much off the grid and thus, why I use him.”

“A few minutes ago I asked you what you knew about your father, and your answer as I suspected, was that you knew nothing. Unfortunately it appears that was by design. From what I was able to gather it seems as though your father and your mother had made an agreement that your father would not be in involved in your life until your 22nd birthday. He would however provide for you financially your entire life. A promise he made good on by the way. While I do not know this for a fact, I suspect that the reason this agreement was made was because your father was actually a married man with a family of his own who had an affair with your mother that resulted in you. Whether that affair was a onetime deal or an ongoing thing is a mystery to me. To be honest with you, I could care less either way, you may feel differently and that of course is your right. I do know that your mother and father did know each other well and had been friends and possibly more for several years prior to your birth. Additionally, I have been able to verify that your father was responsible for the scholarship that you received out of high school; in fact the scholarship was set up solely for you and was only used by you. Your father figured it would be easier to do that than to write checks to the college you chose as it would leave less of a paper trail.”

“Ok, this is all rather interesting but you said that this guy and my mother had an agreement that stipulated that he would not be involved in my life until my 22nd birthday. Well that came and went, several years ago and I never heard from the man so why does any of this really concern me? And what does it have to do with you and with my contract to work here?”

“Well as I said from the beginning when you said that you had never met your father, that that wasn’t entirely true. Erica how old were you when you graduated from Columbia?”

“22.”

“And when you graduated from Columbia what happened?”

“I started working for your father.”

“Right, but you didn’t find this place correct? They found you right?”

“Wait…you’re not…”

“Yes Erica. I am. I have a folder here that lists in detail all of what we have just talked about. And as you know, anyone who starts working here has to have a blood test taken with the purpose being that we have on file what everyone’s blood type is. As you know based on some of the work we do here in the lower levels there is the exposure to airborne illness, thus the need for the blood tests. In the file is also the results of a blood test that I had run comparing your DNA to someone else’s, mine. As I am sure you are putting together in your head now, the tests revealed that you and I have a familial match. That the man who recruited you out of college, the one that hired you to work here as his VP, Thomas Pryce was your father. I’ve tried to do some research of my own over the last day or so to figure out why my father, why, our father, never told you exactly who he was, and who you are, from what I can see he had every intention to do so but a heart attack prevented him from that.”

:: Erica takes the folder from Theo’s hands opens it up and scans the results. As she gets further and further into the document her eyes start to well up and within seconds tears start to stream down her face. It was the first time Theo had seen Erica show an emotion other than anger, which, 99.9% of the time was directed at Theo. Theo waits a moment, allowing Erica to really take in the magnitude of what she has just been given. Answers. But more importantly than that, a family. Albeit from the least likely source she could have imagined. Theo takes a seat next to Erica and hands her handkerchief. ::

“Erica…what are you thinking?”

Fade to black.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
Hunter Payne (10-23-2013), LJ Havok (10-23-2013)