Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 09-16-2024, 12:46 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Viking War Lessons: Part 2, The Battle
AlexandraCallaway Offline
Demon or Angel? You decide!

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

08-26-2013, 10:11 AM

Ragnar walked to Alexandra's tent as he had promised. She emerged, obviously she had not slept since the night before. She had been preparing herself for the was she was walking into.

"Sister, have you not slept?"

"No brother. I have been up this night, praying to Odin and Thor for might."

"Odin would be proud of you in battle my sister."

Ragnar placed his his hands on her shoulders, looking into her eyes. Alexandra nodded and spoke again, resting her hands on his arms. They let go and started towards the others, wanting to join their brothers and sisters for the battle ahead.

"True warriors do not need rest."

The blood bowl was passed around again and the same ritual from last night played out. Ragnar took the lead, making his way down the path to the beach below, Rollo and Alexandra took to his flanks, walking just behind him. As they walked Ragnar started the chant. They had heard this chant all their lives, since they were wee children. Their fathers and mothers before them, spoke the epic verses before going into battle or as they marched towards their fate.

"Lo, there I do see my father. Lo, there I do see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers. Lo, there I do see my people... back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Vahalla, where the brave may live forever."

The Viking hordes cried out in reply.

"VAHALLA!"

The wind blew up off the water, blowing through Alexandra's hair. The sound of their footfalls on the rocks and twigs beneath their feet becoming a cadence in her mind. It was the sound of her war drums. They carried spears, bows, shields, and weapon they could make themselves.

"Ragnar," Alexandra spoke. "I wish you safety brother."

Ragnar clasped hands with her again. Ragnar, Alexandra, and Rollo stood tall and proud as they walked out onto the beach seeing an army of about one hundred or more men, standing over the fallen bodies of two of their own. Their numbers had greatly dewindled down to probably fifty or so. But their courage and prowess on the battlefield made them strong. Whole armies could be put down with just a handful of Vikings, that's why they are the worlds greatest conquerors.

"For Vahalla."

They walked onto the beach the other army on their shores. The Viking clan walked further before Ragnar shouted.

"SHIELD WALL!"

They grouped together tightly, lifting their shields to protect them. First line knelt, second crouched, so on and so on, until they formed a wall that came up over them. They stood their ground. The enemy advanced further and further until it was a clash of steel and shield. The battle began, war cries rang out. Not one man or woman was without blood on their hands. Alexandra felt the blade slice across her skin, and the sting of the sand, still she fought. She fought with all the power in her, drawing from the energy around her. A soldier advanced on her and she took up her weapon and stared him down.

"What would a woman know of war?"

"I know twenty different ways to kill you. Five of which I can do from right here."

"Then do it.. heathen."

"Heathen we may be, but proud of what we are."

Alexandra charged at the man and they became a clash of sword, spear and shield. Luckily, the shield was in Alexandra's hand. The only protection he soldier had was a thin piece of armor, that her spear could easily slip through. It would be a shame to waste such a good specimen to be shown what happens to those who invade these shores, but killing a man like him only made her happy. She brought him to his knees, then drove her spear through the back of his neck, killing him instantly. The battle raged on until there was no enemy left standing. The Vikings regrouped and made their way back to the campsite, for there was much festivity to be had.

1x UFO E1999 Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like AlexandraCallaway's post:
Mr. Radio (08-26-2013), Rain (09-05-2013)