Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-10-2024, 05:22 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
That Radio Interview - Promo #1
Mastermind Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-15-2023, 05:25 PM

"Welcome to Newstalk ZB, I'm your host Ken Laban, and up very soon we have the Prime Minister and he will be talking to us about the effects of what Cyclone Gabrielle had on the North Island and the lingering effects that will be billions of dollars to fix up the infrastructure up and down the island, especially Auckland, the Coromandel, Hawkes Bay and Gisborne.  Especially in Gisborne and Hawkes Bay where communities have been cut off and there is no power nor telecommunications.

"But before we hear from Prime Minister Chris Hipkins, we have a special interview from New Zealand's favorite Wrestler, the one, the only, Mastermind.   Welcome Mastermind,"

"Thank you for having me Ken, it's nice to be here, albeit on a very worrisome few days what with what happened with Cyclone Gabrielle, and what is still happening with the last sting of the tail.  I understand that this is the worst cyclone since Cyclone Bola in 1988, and even then this makes Bola look weak."

"You had a chance of staying in the States, why didn't you?"

"Most of the time I leave my young family behind, so I miss them so much, so when I do have time between matches I make my way home to Wellington, to be with them.   After all home is where the heart is!"

"That's very true.   Lets get into it, you managed to win your first round of the March Madness Tournament but it was very touch and go, but you pulled off a victory.  How do you feel about that?"

"The new guy, Jacoby Spencer, gave me a very tough match, and yes I almost lost but I didn't, I managed to get the win, and carry on in the tournament.  I am most grateful for that,"

"Your round 2 opponent in the March Madness Tournament is someone who you haven't beaten yet, and he somehow came out on top against one of the Tournament favorites, Sarah Lacklan, and that's Raion Kido.   That's from the research I gathered, so what are your thoughts?"

"It's true I haven't been able to beat Raion Kido yet, and I put him in the top class of the XWF, he came into the Federation by tearing down the place, and he is still doing so.   The fact that he won against one of the favorites to win the tournament shows how much better he has gotten, and it's going to take everything I have got and so much more to defeat him."

"So here's the question, can you defeat him?"

"There are two ways to look at this.   The first way is I'm the underdog and most XWF pundits will tell you and also me to my face, that I don't stand any chance whatsoever in beating Raion Kido!"

"And the second way?"

"I have to have 100 percent belief in myself that I have a chance of beating Raion Kido, but the moment I waiver from that will be the moment that I lose.   So yes Ken I have a chance of beating Kido,"

"Wow, that's a big view to have,"

"It's not a view Ken, it's a mindset.   i have to believe in mind that I can step into the ring, and go toe to toe with Kido, and find what would be my one and only chance of beating him, and be very committed to taking that chance,"

"Well that's why they call you Mastermind after all.  To have a mindset of knowing when to get into position for a win, and taking that chance, whether it be a small chance, a big chance or no chance at all, or maybe even a 10 percent chance of an opening and knowing there's no other chance coming, and you will just have to take it," 

"That's correct Ken, it's about mindset and backing yourself which I always have to do, a total belief in oneself."

"That's about all the time we have for now to hear from Mastermind, as our big coverage has to continue on with the aftermath of Cyclone Gabrielle.  Thank you Mastermind, I hope we can do this again soon,"

"Thank you Ken for having me on, and looking forward to being back soon.  My heart goes out to those who are still unaccounted for."

"That's gracious of you Mastermind, we will be back after this break with Prime Minister Chris Hipkins,"

PRESENT DAY

HOME OF MASTERMIND
MASTERMIND'S LOUNGE
WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND

The XWF camera fades in to show Mastermind standing in front of a television watching the coverage of the aftermath of Cyclone Gabrielle and it's devastating effect that it had on the North Island of New Zealand, especially in the areas of Auckland, Coromandel, Hawkes Bay, and Te Tai Rawhiti (East Coast).

Mastermind knows that the camera is on him, and he begins to speak whilst still watching the television.

"Thousands of people have been displaced by this weather event.  At least 1000 people are still unaccounted for and several areas have been cut off from the rest of the North Island.  I have a friend who hasn't heard from her neice in 4 days.  And I'm supposed to be focusing on my upcoming match with Raion Kido?

"Of course I am.  I am a professional through and through.  Even with whats going on here in New Zealand I still have to focus on my 2nd Round March Madness Match."

Mastermind switches off the television and turns and looks at the camera.

"If I have one chance, the chance is now to beat you Raion Kido.  To show you up to the XWF.  To show you up to Sarah Lacklan, because you beat her, and then you couldn't get the job done after I beat you.  What is that going to look like Kido?  How are you going to live that down?

"I am going to break your heart and destroy you.  I will be moving on to Round 3, and you will be thinking only what if 'Only I took him seriously' because that's what you are doing Kido, not taking me seriously.  You see me as an easy beat.  Come on mate, you are better than that.

"I'm not going to hide from you Kido.  You won't be hiding either.    But I know I am going to bring it to you.  Will you have what
it takes to get the job done from someone who you think isn't on your level?  Only time will tell."

[white]Mastermind smirks his infamous smirk.

"There will come a point in our match, that you it become all too much for you, and you will find you be frozen to the spot when the realization hits you that you cannot beat me, and then I will take that once chance, that I will see through your eyes that willl be my chance to take you down.  And I will.  Kido.  I will take that chance and get the win, and put you on your knees.

"What will you do then Kido?  What can you do?  You will know that I have taken the one and only chance and taken your shot away from becoming King of the XWF, and then where will you hide when people ask why did you lose to Mastermind of all people?"

Mastermind starts laughing but then he stops.

"I had a dream Kido, my dream is to show you up this time, and not only that to take you down.  And I believe in that dream and will make damn sure it comes true.  I will give everything to put 1000 percent effort in taking you out, and showing the great Raion Kido up.  I wouldn't blame you if you went into hiding, because I am going to be 100 percent focused.  Much like you.  But you have a lot to lose.

"I see through you Kido, I really do.  I will expose you.  You are going to be in to deep when it comes to our match.  Standing in your way is me.  I can see the vision.  The vision of taking you out of the tournament.  Whether you like it or not it is going to happen.

"So here's what I am going to do for you.  I'm going to help you see the light, and I'm going to show you the light, and when you are good and ready, I'll push you through the light, and I'll be moving on and you will be stuck in that aura of how did I lose?"

Mastermind turns back to turn the television back on, and look at the devastation that Cyclone Gabrielle had created, and then he turned back to the camera.

"You always say that you are the lightening bolt and you will be the one to take me down.  No here's the thing, like Cyclone Gabrielle happened to New Zealand I will be your storm to take the lightening bolt on, and then to take it out.  I'm much more powerful, and I won't be washed away without a fight.  I'm ready for you Raion.    I'll push you to your limits I guarantee you of that, and you'll push me to the limits there's no doubt about that, and then the powers that be will realize that we shouldn't have been the third match on the card, but we should have been the main event.

"Because when it comes to Main Eventing you took out Sarah Lacklan, and if our match was the Main Event, I will take you out.  Are you ready Raion Kido?  I don't think you really are.  But I am.  And I am going to show you what it is like to take me for granted,"

Mastermind once again smirks his infamous smirks, and turns his back on the camera as he returns to watching the television.

Overall - 60 Wins 102 Losses 8 Technicals 2 Draws 1 No Contest
Comeback Record - 10 Wins 24 Losses 1 Draw
7th Year Record 2023 - 5 Wins 16 Losses
6th Year Record 2022 - 5 Wins 8 Losses 1 Draw
5th Year Record 2020 - 7 Wins 12 Losses 1 No Contest
4th Year Record 2019 - 12 Wins 1 Draw 21 Losses
3rd Year Record 2018 - 6 Wins 2 Losses
2nd Year Record 2015 - 1 Wins 9 Losses 2 Technical
1st Year Record 2014 - 24 Wins 34 Losses 6 Technicals

February 2020 Star of The Month
November 2014 Star Of The Month

Former XWF Thursday Night Anarchy Champion - 2022 - 1 Successful Defence
Former Three Time X-Treme Champion
Former Television Champion - 129 Days (Just the 4th TV Champion to break 100 days, and now 4th on the all time list)
Former Two Time Ark of the Covenant Champion
Lost in the 1st Round of the Woodstock Open - Wrestlestock 2019
Semi Finalist in the XWF King of the Ring 2020

50TH CAREER WIN vs TOMMY WISH - Wednesday Night Warfare - 2ND SEPTEMBER 2020

100TH CAREER LOSS vs BOB D - Weekend Warfare - 12TH AUGUST 2023

150TH MATCH vs HGH
100TH MATCH vs LUX - FOR THE TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
50TH MATCH vs DUNCAN B DEADLY

HAVE APPEARED IN 21 PAY PER VIEW MATCHES IN XWF HISTORY

Check out my page for victories and losses

UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PA...CTILrW/pub