Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-10-2024, 05:39 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Secret of the Ooze (PART TWO)
Buster Gloves Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

02-08-2023, 05:18 AM

The Secret of the Ooze
PART TWO

🦅 🦅 🦅 🦅 🦅 🦅

The setting of the scene takes place in an abandoned subway station in New York City that has been transformed into the headquarters of SAGA, the wrestling stable. The group is gathered in a large open area,

Theo Pryce stood in the center of the abandoned subway station deep in the bowels of New York City. He spreads his arms wide as he takes in the surroundings. The station has a gritty, industrial feel, with exposed brick walls, and dim lighting. Cobwebs and dust hang from the high ceilings, and the sound of passing trains can be heard rumbling in the distance. The walls are covered in grime, the windows are boarded up, and the smell of damp concrete fills the air. But this is not just any old, abandoned subway station - this is the birthplace of greatness.

The other five members of SAGA are standing behind Theo, looking at the old subway tiles and rusted metal beams of the abandoned station. Raion Kido just stands with his arms crossed, a hint of skepticism on his face. Thaddeus Duke is leaning against a pillar, already bored with the situation, and scrolling his phone. Jason Cashe plays with his lighter. Clinging it open and shut in a metallic rhythm. Ned Kaye brushes the luscious strands of his magnificent hair away from his strongly bearded face, his hands in his pockets, studying the peeling graffiti on the walls. Buster Gloves is standing a bit apart from the others, arms folded, a bit confrontational, like an expressionless statue.  All of them are dressed in their usual unmatching attire, each choosing a look that reflects their individual styles and personalities. Together, they make a formidable team.

Theo takes pride in his groundbreaking ceremony as he stretches out his arms and turns up his palms. He slows spins to face his people. "Greetings, members of SAGA," Theo says, his voice echoing throughout the station. "You’ve all been invited here today to celebrate the start of our journey together.”

“Humor me for a moment. Imagine a world where the good guys stand together as one. Where the power of unity prevails over the power of division. I'm talking about uniting the top talent in this business under one banner. Can you imagine the strength we would have if we banded together? If we put aside our petty differences and stood shoulder to shoulder against a common enemy? Trilogy started as a group, who refused to be controlled and big leagued by others who wanted to tell us how to live. We closed the book on the Trilogy, but with the additions of Thaddeus and Buster, a brand-new SAGA begins."

"What is this place?" asks Raion Kido, still looking around in wonder.

"This is the holy grail, Raion" Theo replied, a huge smile spreading across his face. "This is the birthplace of the greatest stable in film history. This is where the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 movie was filmed."

Eyebrows raise as waves of nostalgia wash over the faces of the five men. Their inner children absorb the significance of this moment. "And that's why we're here," he continued. "The status quo is over. It’s that we begin our journey… together.”

There’s a mix of reactions on the faces of the men. Some are more eager than others. “To symbolize the birth of this new brotherhood, we shall share a meal, in this dirty, forgotten, hall of the gods. We will dine on ambrosia, the perfect food for team building, in this holy place we will share… pizza."

"Pizza?" asks Thaddeus Duke, a smirk playing at the corners of his mouth. "What does pizza have to do with building a team?"

Theo's smile grew even wider as he explained, "It's simple. It's delicious. It’s shaped in a way that forces you to share it with other people. When you're sharing a pizza, you're sharing more than just a meal - you're sharing a bond.

As Theo finished speaking, he gestured to the far end of the station where a table was set up with six chairs and a yeti cooler filled with beverages. “Now, all we have to do is decide what kind of pizza we’re going to get. And when it’s gone, we will be united." he declares, leading the way to the table.

🦅 🦅 🦅 🦅 🦅 🦅

Thaddeus Duke: So, how are we supposed to figure out what kind of pizza to order?

Theo Pryce: Ok. I’ll open the floor. I say we go with a classic. Two XL pepperoni pizzas. A safe bet for any gathering.

Raion Kido: Hold on, Theo. We need to think about our health. Do we really want to gorge ourselves on greasy slices of dough and cheese? Surely there’s something healthier that we can order? We could Door Dash anything. Like kale salads, or sushi?

Thaddeus Duke: With all due respect Mr. Kido… how dare you?! Theo offers pizza, and you ask for sushi? The shear hubris of it all is just too much for me to stand.

Raion Kido: I was merely looking out for the health and nutrition of our group. The body is a mortal engine that we must feed with clean fuel. It is a temple that we must respect, else it will fail us when we need it most.

Thaddeus Duke: Sushi isn’t pizza. We’re ordering pizza. That was the assignment. Eat sushi when you’re off the clock. I say we go all out and get every meat topping there is. I mean, let’s really treat ourselves here. This is on Uncle Theo’s tab so let’s put every animal from that ark on some Brooklyn style thin crust pizza pie!

Jason Cashe: No way, Duke. Have a seat and let the adults speak. What we need to order isn’t meat at all. We need pineapple. The golden treasure of the fruit world. We order pineapple… all the way.

(Ned Kaye raises a hand and waits until called upon.)

Ned Kaye: If I may, I’d like to offer a compromise to both suggestions? How about a pizza that fuels the soul and puts fire in the belly.

Jason Cashe: Don’t you say it…

Ned Kaye: I say try spinach and jalapeno.  Healthy. Delicious. Spicy. Everybody wins.

Thaddeus Duke: We most certainly do not! This is malarky. Malarky, I say! Theo, back me up here.

Theo Pryce: I can’t, this is your decision to make as a team.

Thaddeus Duke: Fine. Buster. Help me out here. Tell Ned that his pizza idea… and his hair… is stupid.

Buster Gloves: I don’t really care either way, Thad. I’m not that picky. Food is food. Can we just get plain cheese pizza and call it a day so we can get out of here?

Thaddeus Duke: No way. We need to do this right. I settled way too often when I was with CCPE. Everybody gets a voice here and we decide together.

Raion Kido: But we also need to think about our bodies. Sushi is a much better option.

Thaddeus Duke: Ok, Rai. Buddy. I appreciate your concern. But stop while you’re ahead. Let me handle this for you. What you’re saying is ‘sushi’, but what you mean is that you are deferring your vote to the loudest person in the room… me. Everybody knows that meat toppings are the best. We need flavor and we NEED protein.

Raion Kido: Protein IS important.

Jason Cashe: Y’all must be high. Pineapple is king shit. (he says as he lights a joint and takes a puff)

Ned Kaye: Aww, come on, Jason. Raion is on to something. Spinach and jalapenos is healthy and has a nice spicy kick. Did you know that the ancient Greeks not only enjoyed spinach as a part of their diets, they also used it as a medicine for various ailments?

Thaddeus Duke: I. DO. NOT. CARE. (Thad rolls his eyes) WE. ARE. CARNIVORES!!! We need the meats! All of the meats! Every meat in the locker!

Raion Kido: We're professional athletes, we need to fuel the engine that is our bodies with nutritious food. (he flexes his biceps>)

Buster Gloves: WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SO COMPLICATED?! (throws his hands up in frustration) Do you think other groups argue like this? No. They don’t have time for semantics. But we do. Because we all want to do the right thing and make the best choice and explore all the options. And that’s why we’re always gonna get our asses handed to us by assholes who don’t care about following rules or doing the right thing. I just don’t want to argue with any of you. You’re all right. Everything you’re saying makes sense, but we don’t need this to be perfect. Let’s just order anything. I’m freaking starving over here. Get plain cheese. Order the works. I don’t give a shit, but I can’t listen to another minute of the bickering. Somebody, step up and decide for us.

(Everyone looks around at each other, angry and unhappy that they aren’t getting their way. Then they focus on Theo.)

Theo Pryce: Don’t look at me. This is your decision as a team. I’m just a mentor in this equation.

Thaddeus Duke: (whispers and starts a slow clap) meat… meat… meat… meat…

Raion Kido: (steps forward towards Theo, puffs out his chest, and places his hands on his hips) I’m deciding for the group. (He stands next to Theo, then turns around to face his team as their unofficial leader) There are six of us. We’re getting three pizzas. Meat lovers…

Thaddeus Duke: yes! (low fist pump)

Raion Kido: One pineapple…

Jason Cashe: my man... (hang loose sign)

Raion Kido: One plain cheese…

Buster Gloves: … (shrugs, scouls, and shakes his head)

Raion Kido: Everybody gets something they want. Protein, fruits and veggies, or plain old cheese pizza. Everybody’s tastes are accommodated.

Theo Pryce: Does everyone agree?

Ned Kaye: (raises a finger and opens his mouth but he swallows the words and screws his lips shut.)

Thaddeus Duke: I agree.

Jason Cashe: Me too.

Buster Gloves: Sounds perfect.

Ned Kaye: I also stand by Raion’s decision.

Theo Pryce: Great. I wasn’t sure I’d ever be able to get all five of you on the same page. Please have a seat at the table while I place the order and I’ll be right with you.

(They all settle into their chairs, and the argument is forgotten. Theo returns a moment later.)

Theo Pryce: Now that we’ve gotten the hard part out of the way, let me share some news with you. A few new members will be joining us. We're about to become an even stronger team, but adding new personalities to the mix is always a risk. I want each of you to know that you’re here because you offer something unique to the team. These new recruits make us even more complete. They fit our culture and I couldn't be more excited about our future together."

…Thirty minutes later, after the Door Dash delivery guy descends the rat and turtle infested underground tunnels of New York City, just to deliver the three XL pizzas (and an order of chicken tendies for Theo Pryce), all the members of SAGA raise their red solo cups in a toast, excited for the journey ahead. And as they share stories of past lives and future endeavors, they know that their bond has grown stronger, thanks to the power of pizza.

🦅 🦅 🦅 🦅 🦅🦅

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Buster Gloves's post:
Atticus Gold (02-08-2023), Theo Pryce (03-07-2023)