Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-04-2024, 11:38 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Back In Black RP 2
Barney Green Offline
Back In Black

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

12-21-2020, 09:29 AM

The scene opens up inside of a local bar in Boston where we see Barney Green, dressed in his garbage man uniform, downing a white claw at the bar. He goes to speak to no one in particular.

Barney - This is the life I guess. The trash isn't just gonna remove itself without guys like me representing Union 441.

In walks "Chronic" Chris Page who sees Barney Green just talking aimlessly at nobody in particular. Page rolls his eyes before letting out a deep sigh before he starts to walk over kinda weaving his way through the small crowd when an unknown male in his mid-twenties a little “cocktail” stops him.

“Holy shit you’re Chris Page! I’m such a huge…”

Page decks the guy in the jaw flooring him where he stands which causes most of the heads to turn as the thud of this guy’s body hitting the wooden floor of the bar is heard. Chris looks around knowing a majority of the eyes in the room are on him.

“ Opps.”

Chris looks down at the younger fan whose eyelids start to flutter as he clutches under his jaw with his left hand.

” I kicked eight-year-olds teeth out, remember that.”

Page turns his attention to Big Barney as he walks over towards his seat at the bar.

Chris - We really shouldn't be in the bar and instead should be focusing on our match at Warfare against Liam Roberts and Savannah Knightly.

Green finishes his drink as a sweet look of satisfaction exudes from his pores as he put down the empty
and goes to speak.

Barney - You might be right on that. It's just what I am used to. I’ve been drinking long before it was legal for me. Started at 13 and yet, I am still alive.

Chris – Bro, what does your drinking at thirteen have to do with us ripping the throats out of Knightly and Roberts?”

Chris asks.

Chris- Foley gave me a mission for whatever reason it may have been and that was to help you out but if this is the way you want to help yourself then I don’t want any part of it. Foley would be slapping the shit out of you if he knew this is how you prepared for a fight. He’d probably yank your ass off that stool and drag you outside before beating you senseless.”

Barney receives another White Claw and cracks it open. He takes a swig and then goes to speak again.

Barney - I felt his presence and it still feels like some sort of weird pipe dream that he would show up eight years later to try to help me out.

Chris –A universe is a strange place Barney but he picked the right person to help you out. You may be one of the toughest people in the business but you aren't exactly a technical wizard as was proven when we sparred.

Barney takes a swig of his White Claw and then goes to speak.

Barney - Fair point on that one. You are the better wrestler in that sense while I am just a brawler who exceeded expectations.

” See that’s where you’re the wrong bruh… you just look at me as one of the best wrestlers in the world; rightfully so because let’s face it, it’s true… but I’m not just limited to pure wrestling. You want to throw down in a fight I’m there, you want to brawl non-sanctioned I’m sold let’s go. How about Japanese strong-style, yeah man that’s me. British invasion? Got that shit too…”

Chris pauses for a moment before he continues.

” I’m eclectic as fuck when it comes to this business and the various styles that are represented. It’s a piece of what makes me dangerous when I’m inside those ropes because I can flip a script at any time and anyone’s expense. You’ve relied so much on hardcore/ultraviolent wrestling that it’s become the only thing that you associate yourself with and because you do that you’ve made yourself an easy target. Don’t put yourself in a box, kid.”

Chris signals for the bartender.

” Call that lesson one.”

The barkeep finds his way over.

“Care for a white claw?”

Chris sarcastically responds.

” Care to take an ass whipping?”

There’s a smirk from Chris as he looks down at Barney’s white claw before starting to snicker under his breath. He looks back to the bartender as he states.

” Bottle of Jack please and thank you.”

“ The entire bottle?”

” Oh so you can hear. Yes the fucking bottle, is this complicated?”

The bartender walks away as Chris glances back over to Barney who is taking another drink of white claw.

” What’s the goddamn obsession with that shit? You know dudes with vaginas drink that, right?”

Barney goes to speak.

Barney - "It's cheap and goes down smooth. I ain't exactly made of money like I used to be."

The bartender returns with Chris's bottle of Jack and hands it to him as Chris goes to speak.

Chris - "Hence why you should've never gone down that road when it came to violent matches. You took so much off your career and have nothing to show for it. What’s going to happen to you ten years from now when you’re long retired from professional wrestling? Lord knows you’re not making big paydays now to sock away a nest egg."

Chris opens his bottle and takes a swig from the bottle of Jack as Barney goes to speak but he’s cut off by Chris.

” You got to be the smarter man, guys like you and me that have had our hands in the wrestling pie for so long have to take care of ourselves because when that final bell tolls and we unlace those boots for the last time nobody else is going to be there to pay those bills, bro. I’m a multi-millionaire. I was smart when I had my eight-year run on top which is why I can come out here and be relaxed and carefree because I’m not here because I have to be… I’m here because I want to be.”

Barney - "Maybe so but at the time, what options did I have?"

Barney downs the rest of his white claw as Chris goes to speak.

"There is still some untapped potential left in you. You got a connection with the fans that most would kill for… You have the XWF Universe in the palm of your hands on a nightly basis, and that’s some fucking power if you didn’t notice. You connect with them, and while that’s a fantastic thing it’s a bad thing too.”

Barney - "I'll agree on that to an extent. There is nothing more satisfying than when you walk out and know that the fans are gonna scream their heads off for you."

Chris downs another swig from his bottle of jack and goes to speak.

"Another lesson from all this is that high can be addicting and not always worth it. You gotta focus on your health. I'm older yet in better shape physically."

Chris takes another drink from his bottle before he continues.

” If you allow the fans to push you further down the rabbit hole as out of shape as you are you’re not going to make it another year before your shit just gives out on you. You control your destiny bro, and you dictate your pace. I might not have the full-on six-pack or chiseled abs anymore but can’t nobody say I’m not rocking a wicked sexy dadbod.”

Barney - "I think it's time we end this talk and head on out to our next destination. Foley has a plan."

” Listen before we go I don’t want you to feel like I’m coming down on you because I’m not, and unlike half the people you come across daily, I give a shit about you and what you can accomplish when you set your mind to it. These last few days I’ll admit I’ve put you through hell as we trained for this upcoming appearance… I took it hard on you then because you need to know there’s more to wrestling than being ultraviolent. You can make some pretty good money in other areas of this amazing art form we’ve elected to give our lives to.”

Chris takes one last swing before leaving the quarter empty bottle on the bar top as he puts his left arm around Barney’s shoulder as the Big Man is still seated.

” This doesn’t have to be a one-off…”

The scene fades to black.

You people wanna talk shop, eh? Chronic Pain has come knocking even if this is only a one-off match. It's worth it to me. Chris Page is one hell of a wrestler if I do say so myself after that sparring session with him in the gym. Hits harder than I ever could and I can throw a mean left hook. That punch can end most fights quickly. Studied many boxing fights over the years and took a few classes to get the basics down since I gotta keep my fists strong and ready to go at any time.

Savannah Knightly and Liam Roberts aren't gonna know what truly hit them once I start unloading because I am a beast and a true master of the ultra-violent arts. Who else has balls to fall through scaffolds and land in the glass. The crazy thing is that didn't stop me. I got right back up. I'm prepared for Warfare. Using whatever personal time I got left to make this booking. Gotta hop on the plane to Italy of all places.

Should be exciting to eat some truly authentic Italian Pizza and drink a lager or two because why not? Gonna do this match my way for a change of pace. With Foley Anderson randomly showing up and arranging this seemingly from beyond the grave. I'm proof anybody can succeed in this business. Seen some of the biggest names that have come and gone over the years yet I am still here. You will all remember my name when I finally decide to call it a career. Don't call this is a comeback for me because it isn't. I've been here for years.

Been doing this a long time. Watched back from the sidelines. Nobody saw anything in me except for a few people over the years. Foley Anderson took me under his wing and gave me a shot. A guy from Boston, MA who just loved the drink a little too much for his good. Nothing like cracking open a cold one or two before the battle. Get yourself nice and numbed up before battle so you can keep going long enough. Then afterward, Have that post-match beer and dip. Always ready. I'm the last student remaining that was trained by Foley himself.

Tried my hand at training but it never worked too well due to many different reasons. People not being ready for the thumbtacks or light tubes. Simple stuff. You wanna get trained by me? You are gonna experience a little bit of hell along the way. I got my reputation on the line and we are gonna do that violent stuff at a smaller level of course. Gotta make sure you can survive a battle as I can.

You are looking at the Daddy Of Violence. The one who knows how to handle himself in any situation. Battling both Savannah and Liam. This should be a cakewalk. Both are still silent. Must've not been expecting this version to show up. This is a different version of me that nobody expected. A battle-tested veteran who is willing to throw away his career for one final shot at greatness. A guy who survived through three different owners somehow. Didn't feel the need to go anywhere else. This is my home no matter what and if you are stepping into the ring with me, You are signing your death warrant. Page has the technical aspect down well enough but I got the brutality and know how to hurt somebody.

Don't need to do a flying leg kick or whatever it's called when I can just nail you with my fist as hard as possible. You look at my legacy and see what I have done for this business. I built a legacy that very few people can ever match. Yeah, You might find another person that looks like me but they will never match that connection I have with the fans. I give them a show that they don't expect. I may not always win but I come back stronger than ever. I'll die a martyr for my lifestyle. Lived openly about who I am and gave hope to that next generation. Wanna knock me for my misdeeds? Go for it. Take your best shot! I've got enough skeletons.

Talk about my drinking? Talk about my chewing tobacco? Talk about who I'm sleeping with now which is none of your business but I dare you to bring it up. I've been through the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. You don't know what it is like when you are stuck living in a car with nothing to show for it after you watch your empire collapse around you. Yet you both are willing to step into the ring with me. This is a battle you don't want.

Never thought in a million years that I would be back at this level. The level that makes it next to impossible to defeat me when I get into that zone. I'm back, bitches. Can never truly keep me down. Roberts and Knightly, Chronic Pain is gonna destroy you badly. I'm gonna give you everything I got left in my body and leave it all on the line. I know I don't have many matches or fights left in me but this will be an honor.

Back in black, Bitches.

[Image: juXb2Dg.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Barney Green's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-21-2020), ALIAS (12-21-2020), Derrick Diamond (12-21-2020), Lycana (12-21-2020), Marf (12-21-2020)