Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-01-2024, 03:43 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
An unexpected guest (continued from "An unexpected gift)
"Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-21-2017, 05:48 PM

01/21/2017, 11 days away from Micheal Graves first rematch with Killjoy in 13 years.

“I've been my own worst enemy as of late. When I decided to put pen to paper, and return to the XWF, I was full of confidence. Why wouldn't I be? I've had a long and distinguished career, I knew my worth. When Vincent Lane booked me to face “The Franchise” Michael Graves, I was still oozing with self confidence, but that's also where the first cracks began to form. I started watching the shows again for the first time in years. Do you know what I saw? I saw a bunch guys that were so good, that I was sure they could defeat any of the legends from my generation with ease. If Steve Jason were to walk into the XWF right now, and still be in his prime, he would find himself struggling to pick up a win over guys like Thaddeus Duke, Unknown Soldier, Dr. D'Ville, and Chris Chaos. The Brand would stand a better chance, but he's The Brand. I however, was just a guy that always flirted with the top. I spent the blunt of my career floating in the mid card, with the occasional push into the main events. Back then, when faced with a tougher opponent than I, I would buckle down and develop a strategy to win the match. Sometimes I did, and others I didn't, but I never accepted defeat when the booking sheets were assigned. I had more confidence in myself back then, I was hungry. These days I don't feel like I'm very hungry at all. Outside of the embarrassment and anger that I felt over the XWF allowing some kid to steal my gimmick, my main motivation to return was money. I'm in some pretty serious debt, and the auto business that I opened has been barely breaking even for some time. It was getting to the point that I was beginning to consider a career with McDonald's, and skipping out on all of my creditors. You laugh, but I have a family to provide for, so you do as you must.

A few weeks ago, I was booked to face off against Thaddeus Duke. Either I impressed someone in management during my match with “The Franchise” or I was being used simply as fodder for Duke to get an easy win. Honestly I wasn't sure which on it was. They say that the last thing to go in a fighter is his name. Thaddeus is obviously moving on to bigger and better things soon. The kid is just so damn talented. So it wouldn't surprise me if I was used as a way to give him a “big win” and allow him to rebound from his loss to Dr. D'Ville. That was the kind of thinking that plagued me in the weeks leading up to our match. I tried admitting my fear, and using it as a motivational tool. I figured that if I put it out there for the world to see, and stood firm that I wasn't going to let that fear cripple me, then I would be forced to find away to work through it. It still sounds like a sound plan on paper, but it didn't work. We went out and tore the house down, sure. We had a hell of a fight, and I felt that over all I put on a good showing, but I know that I'm better than that. I took the loss hard too. I was so upset with myself for the performance that I turned in that I was ready to just call it quits. I was ready to just do what I REALLY came here for, and that's go out and earn a paycheck. The losers still make decent money, and I could probably hold onto this job for a few years without winning any matches, right? I mean new guys always need someone to get their first win over. Micheal Graves, the Barry Horowitz of XWF. That has a nice ring to it, right?

No... It took Terry (Blackstone) to snap me out of it. Okay sure, it didn't hurt that the XWF owner Vincent Lane personally came by to let me know that if I kept up the good work, big things would be in store for me. I'm starting to realize that I'm not as good as I used to be, I'm better, and the sooner I get my head on straight, the sooner I will make my mark in the XWF.

That brings me to Killjoy. Our match is a grand spectacle that is far more deserving than the lower mid-card spot that it has been placed in, but what can I say? This Warfare is jam packed with huge names and big matches. That's fine though, Killjoy and myself will surly get the fans riled up and into the show. Normally I would use my time to try and trash my opponent, but I honestly have a lot of respect for Killjoy. Hell, I even approached him with an idea for the two of us teaming up. Of course he shot me down faster than Charlie Sheen can say winning after 3 lines of coke. Was I upset? A little maybe, but we all have our own path to walk. So we'll have our match, and then we will both move on to whatever else life throws our way I suppose.

Right now I have a larger concern anyway. Bruce Campbell, who by the way is one of my all time favorite actors. Well he is somewhere in this hospital, surrounded by a team of surgeons who are desperately trying to reattach his hand. A hand that “The Cereal Killer” Cadryn Tiberius apparently sawed off in an effort to convince me that the two of us should be... “friends”. I've been waiting here for over 12 hours. I'm hoping Bruce will be okay, but I guess if they can't reattach his hand, atleast he can continue to play Ash until he retires.”

Just then, a Doctor approaches Micheal Graves in the waiting room. Micheal notices the him walking towards his direction, and quickly stands up looking concerned for his good friend Bruce Campbell.... Okay okay, They aren't good friends, but a man can dream right? The doctor puts on a slight smile as he reaches out to shake Micheal Graves hand. This doctor shows good bedside manner as his smile has a calming effect on Micheal. Micheal takes the Doc's hand into his and they both exchange a firm griped handshake.

“Mr. Graves, my name is Dr. Steven Chase, I was the lead surgeon for your friend.”

Micheal nods without saying a word. He's taking shallow breaths and shaking a little.

“I just wanted to let you know that we were able to successfully reattach Mr. Campbell's right hand. There is still a slight risk that we could run into some complications, but I feel his chances are good. We will be keeping Mr. Campbell for the next few weeks to monitor his progress, and after that can begin looking into psychical therapy options.”

Micheal exhales deeply and kinda slumps over. That's a relief for sure.

“Thank God...”

“He's awake, but heavily medicated. I can let you in to see him for a bit, if you like.”

Micheal nods in both agreement and appreciation.

“I appreciate it, thank you.”

The doctor nods and turns to the nurse that came with him.

“Take Mr. Graves to Mr. Campbell's room, I''ll check in shortly.”

The nurse nods, then her and Micheal are off. She leads Micheal to Bruce Campbell's room. The door is open, and the annoying sound out a heart monitor can be heard from the hallway. Micheal takes a moment to collect himself before entering. Micheal walks into the room to see Bruce, who's hand and arm are heavily bandaged, laying in bed with his eyes closed.

“Mr. Campbell?”

Bruce slowly opens his eyes and looks towards Micheal. It's hard to read his reaction, the morphine drip has him pretty well out of it.

“My name is Bruce.”

He mutters softly.

“I'm sorry for what happened, but the doctors say that you have a very good chance of keeping your hand.”

Bruce flops his head over to look at his bandaged hand, then turns his attention back to Micheal with a smile on his face.

“This ole thing? I cut it off a long time ago. Chainsaw... Evil stuff”

Micheal can't help but snicker. He feels awful for doing so, but stoned Bruce mixing up his life with that of a character that he played in a move tickles Graves funny bone.

“Well I'm glad that your going to be okay.”

Bruce's face scrunches up as he moves his eyes around the room.

“Wait a minute... I didn't do this to myself...”

Micheal can tell that Bruce just remembered what really happened by the expression on his face. Just then Cadryn Tiberius takes one long sideways stem into the door frame, and slides in like something out of a Jim Carey movie.

“It was me!”

Cadryn excitedly whispers in Micheal's ear. Micheal twist around to see Cadryn now standing behind him with the most innocent of smiles.

“Did you like your present my Gravy?”

Without so much as a word, Micheal jumps in Cadryn's direction ready for a fight. Cadryn however, anticipating the possibility of such a move, quickly smacks Micheal Graves square in the forehead with his dildo-chucks.

“Oww, Fuck!”

Micheal screams out as he stumbles back, feverishly rubbing his forehead to ease the pain.

“No, bad Gravy!”

Cadryn tucks the dildo-chucks back into his back pocket.(?)

“I'm just looking for a friend kitten, but perhaps now isn't the time. I'll let you get back to playing with my... gift.”

With that Cadryn makes a hasty retreat. Micheal starts to run after him, but quickly changes his mind, figuring he can deal with “The Cereal Killer” later.

“You know, that guy really loves you.”

Micheal turns around to face Bruce, who's still half out of it.

“That's the kinda man that you shouldn't let slip away.”

Micheal knows that Bruce is currently heavily medicated, but still feels the urge to question Mr. Campbell's logic.

“Bruce, he kidnapped you and sawed off your right hand!”

Bruce lifts his head up from his pillow, and looks to Micheal with one closed eye and a small dribble of drool running down his very large and manly chin.

“Has anyone else ever done that for you?”

With that Bruce Campbell's head falls back into his pillow, and he is out like a light.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves's post:
JimCaedus (01-21-2017)