Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-14-2024, 11:37 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Agreeing with Thaddeus Duke
Thomas Nixon Offline
Saving the Lizards

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

01-12-2017, 10:53 AM

Green Bay, Wisconsin
January 8th, 2017

It is two in the morning and Thomas Nixon can’t fall asleep in the hotel bed. He’s trying to get a few hours of rest, before he is back on his return flight to Philadelphia. Nixon’s neck aches and he continues to toss and turn in the night. Eventually, he gets out of bed and takes two 500mg tablets of ibuprofen to hopefully put a stop to his nagging pain.

{Jesus fucking Christ. I can hardly turn my head. Kudos to Brandon Moore. I may have come out on top this week, but he did a number on my fucking neck. If he was able to hold onto that Koji clutch for another minute, he probably would have ripped my head clean off of my shoulders.

The more I think about it, the more I’m sad to find myself agreeing with Thaddeus Duke. That’s an old name. A man that I battled with way before I was the Television champion. But Thaddeus wouldn’t shut up about the hierarchy in XWF. He ranted about the new blood not getting opportunities they deserved, while the veterans were given shots without earning anything. I initially found myself disagreeing with Duke, but if he’s right about anything, it’s that new wrestlers in XWF don’t get the credit they deserve.

Brandon Moore took me to the limit. We fought two intense matches, and everyone that watched those bouts will tell you that we are high caliber athletes. But people will shrug him off. They’ll say that he hasn’t beaten anybody notable and he hasn’t held a championship belt yet. Those are valid points. But it doesn’t take more than three seconds to win a wrestling match.

If you can put on my last match against Moore and not be impressed by his work, then I’ll be stunned. He didn’t beat me, but you have to consider that he could find a way to pin you on your back, some way or some how. He could find something to capitalize on. Every now and then, someone comes along and gets an upset. Before you become a champion, you have to show potential. Brandon Moore has that potential, and so do a lot of guys just like him.

But the veterans here are ignorant. They are going to look at my match on Savage, a match that I won, and they’re going to criticize me for it. Reno and Chaos will find a way to marginalize my win, they’ll probably write off my opponents as nobodies. That’s because Reno and Chaos don’t understand what it’s like to constantly defend a singles belt. For Reno, he’s never had a title defense, and Chaos is yet to defend his Universal Championship.

So let me explain why beating a guy like Broken Hart actually means something. Sure, a lot of guys have pinned him, but in a title match things change.

A championship match evens the playing field because it gives less than stellar athletes an opportunity that they have been craving for. Hart isn’t being given high level chances at every turn. So when he got an opportunity, he turned the dial up to 11. Broken Hart wrestled a match at a caliber that he had never reached before and maybe will not reach again. He was hungry! This was a chance to prove himself! He brought a fighting spirit that people don’t bring with them each and every week!

The same could be said about Brandon Moore. He is a newcomer that got a chance to prove himself, and the last thing he was going to do was phone it in. That’s why we had a fucking war in the ring. That’s why I punched him in the head repeatedly, and that’s why he didn’t let go of that Koji fucking Clutch until he saw his own blood.

That’s how people fight when a belt is on the line.

Chaos doesn’t know what it’s like defending under those conditions for four consecutive weeks. Gabe Reno challenged for the belt once, but he doesn’t give that performance every time he shows up. That’s why Thaddeus made a fool out of him!

I’m coming into this match with the same mindset that I’ve had for each of my title defenses. Although gold isn’t on the line, this is as big of an opportunity for me as getting a TV title shot was for Broken Hart. I can elevate my stock as an individual, and I can bring the XWF Television Championship to the same level as the Universal Championship.

Reno has something to prove. He wants to show everyone that he isn’t all talk. He wants people to buy into his claim that he deserves a title match against Chaos.

Chaos has a big opportunity here too. He wants to put away two prospective challengers in one match, and he can get Reno out of his way for good.

Each competitor here has a motive, but only one of us can get what we want. That’s all decided in the ring where we will find out who can make their words come to life.

It’s understandable for me to be confident. I may be a bit banged up now, but I’m used to this kind of punishment, and I’m used to the pressure that coincides with these high stakes matches. My opponents aren’t.

That’s why we’ve seen so much buffoonery out of Gabe Reno. He doesn’t understand how to prep for a big match. He is busy playing ‘cop drama’ and having a scavenger hunt for a plastic egg. He’s wasting his precious time creating fake male enhancement advertisements when he could be studying from his previous matches with me and Chaos.

Chaos doesn’t seem to be to threatened by this triple threat match. He’s putting on a strong face. He sees Gabe’s bullshit, and he thinks that he needs to act as unfazed as possible. He’s pretending to be good old Tom Gordon, a closer some years back for the Red Sox. Tom Gordon didn’t buy into the little things that baseball players like to do. There’s the batters that always have a little dance routine they do when they get up to bat. There are the runners standing on third base that take a long lead off trying to catch Tom’s attention. Tom Gordon didn’t care about any of that shit. He waited for his opponents to finish their fidgeting and then he would play the game straight.

Chaos is letting Reno fidget and play his mind games. He’s letting Reno and myself get into things with each other more and more. There’s one crucial problem to Chaos’ strategy. He’s under the assumption that I care more about shutting Reno up than proving that I can beat the Universal Champion.

The more I point this out, the less it gets through Reno and Chaos’ head. I don’t need to prove that I beat Reno. I successfully retained my championship against him. I think he can put up a fight, but in the end, he’s an arrogant lunatic. He’s a distraction that is all talk but no action. And he has just as much of a beef with Chaos as he has a beef with me. So it won’t just be Reno and I duking it out in the ring, while Chaos leisurely sits in a chair with his feet up. Reno and I both want to beat the tar out of Chaos, just like we want to beat the tar out of each other. It’s not going to be easy for Chaos to escape that unless he wrestles like a chickenshit coward. But he won’t do that, he doesn’t want to add fuel to the idea that I’m the real fighting champion in XWF.

So Chaos can keep dismissing Reno’s antics, that’s fine. But he better gain some sense real soon because when he starts belittling my resumes and my opponents, he is on the fast track to underestimating me. Call me a paper champion, but that will just make my skill much more effective when it catches you off guard. Chaos tries to pretend he isn’t a fool. Regardless, he consistently makes the grave error of demeaning his competition. That will inevitably lead to a mistake, and that’s the mistake that becomes a W in my win column.}

The scene fades out, as Nixon gets back out of the bed to make an ice pack for his damaged neck.

Ambassador of the Lizard People
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Thomas Nixon's post:
(01-14-2017), (01-12-2017), JimCaedus (01-12-2017)