Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-01-2024, 03:34 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Refocused (vs Thaddeus Duke)
"Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-10-2017, 04:12 PM

Saturday, December 10th 2016. Directly following Wildcard Weekend Night 1

It has been almost an hour since my match with Michael Graves concluded, and only now am I starting to come down from the high. I walk out of the showers and take a seat in front of my locker. I sit there for a moment, just reflecting on what transpired in the ring. It's hard to believe, but I had forgotten how energetic the crowds could be. When you are in front of 20,000 screaming fans, you kinda just forget everything else and you get to work. While I was out there, I forgot about the aches and pains of my aging body, but now an hour later, not even a hot shower and ease my sore muscles and joints. I'm 44 years old, and on top of that, I haven't had to be athletic in years. Makes me wonder if winning that contract was the right move.

I stand up and drop the towel, showing Graves ass to anyone who wants to take a peak as I slip on a pair of compression shorts. I reach into my locker for my jeans, when I notice a blank envelope. I pull it out and break the seal, pulling out a folded piece of paper from within.

“Kitten we need to talk.
I think we could make
magic together.

(304)816-XOXO

P.S. You already have my number,
we just don't understand how
phones work.”

I chuckle to myself as I stuff the note back into it's envelope. Cadryn Tiberius, The “Cereal Killa”. The guy is pretty annoying, but at the same time I kinda like him. I'm not sure what kind of magic he wants to make with me though. He either wants to team up or fuck. Either way, I don't think I'm game. There is a thin line between funny and creepy, and Cadryn more often than not makes his bed on the wrong side of that line. Here's hoping that he doesn't push too much for this. I could see management forcing me into an odd couple team with him just for the giggles.

“Good match Graves!”

I jump slightly, shocked because I thought I was alone. I turn around to see Terry Blackstone, my manager from back in the day. He is dressed in an all black suit, long brown hair laying on his shoulders, and of course that stupid black gem glued to his forehead. He takes a puff off of his cigarette before continuing.

Terry Blackstone: “Why do you look so shocked? You didn't really think that I would miss your return to wrestling did you?”

I pause, taking a moment to choose my words before I answer.

Micheal Graves: “We didn't exactly part on the best terms.”

Terry nods in agreement and takes another draw from his smoke.

Terry Blackstone: “The past is the past. I'm just excited to see you back. You always showed so much raw potential. You just never really had the desire to put in the work. I'm hoping an older and wiser you might be a little more motivated.”

That's kind of offensive, but also true. I never really put forth the effort I was capable of back in the day. I was always distracted by the stardom.

Micheal Graves: “You saw the match right? I'd say that I'm motivated.”

Terry rolls his eyes and waves he head back and forth.

Terry Blackstone: “That boy was a scrub Micheal, and you know it. I'm asking if you are willing to put forth the work that it's going to take for you to stand toe to toe with guys like Peter Gilmore, Chris Chaos, Louis D'Ville. Are you here to work, or sit on your ass and collect a paycheck?”

Micheal Graves: “I'm here too... I'm not here to just collect a check!”

Terry Blackstone: “But you're not here to put in work either are you? You haven't planned anything beyond tonight's match have you?”

I let out an annoyed sigh.

Micheal Graves: “I guess that I've just been so focused on beating Graves...”

Terry cuts me off.

Terry Blackstone: “That you haven't put any thought into why you're even here.”

Micheal Graves: “I know why I'm here!”

Terry Blackstone: “Yeah yeah, to reclaim a forgotten legacy. I've seen your promos, but why are you really here? Are you content taking random bookings until your body just won't go anymore, or do you have a specific goal in mind? The last time that you were here you were focused on a match with your brother Sean. You managed to fall into a World Title shot by pure chance, and you won it, but you were capable of so much more. You defeated Steve Jason during his prime. I know that you remember that, because I've listened to you bring it up twice since you've returned. Which I want to point out, I think is pretty pathetic on your part.

Micheal Graves: “What the fuck, how is a victory over Steve Jason Pathetic?”

Terry Blackstone: “It's not, but the fact that you feel the need to keep bringing it up 13 years after it happened is. You are so unsure of yourself that you constantly throw that milestone at people, somehow thinking that it solidifies you as a big deal. The fact is you weren't a big deal, and you've been rightfully forgotten.”

Micheal Graves: “You know what Terry, it's been nice seeing you and all, but I think you should just leave.”

Terry Blackstone: “Listen Mike, I'm not trying to upset you, but you desperately need to hear some truth before you continue down this road. You had the talent, and even though you're a little older and slower, you still do. You shouldn't have to resort to name dropping wins over Steve Jason or anybody else. You should be in the same league is Steve Jason, but you lacked drive, you lacked focus. I'm telling you this now because I don't want to see you make the same mistakes again. Figure out what it is that you want, and take it. Or hang the boots back up now and go home. Because if you're not back to live up to your full potential, then why come back at all?”

I mumble to myself just loud enough that Terry can maybe make out a word or two at best.

Terry Blackstone: “What was that?”

Micheal Graves: “I'm scared OK!”

Terry Blackstone: “That's good, fear can be a Hell of a motivator, but what exactly are you afraid of Mike?”

Micheal Graves: “I know what I want Terry. I've known what I wanted from the moment that I decided to come back to this place, but what if I fall short? What if I'm just not good enough to compete at that level?”

Terry Blackstone: “Ok, I hear you man... but answer me this. What if you don't try? What if you let fear keep you down? Set the goal, achieve the goal. Destroy anyone that stands between you and that goal. So I'll ask you again... Why are you here?”

I close my eyes and focus on my goal. It seems like it's the hardest thing that I've ever had to do to get these words to pass through my lips.

Terry Blackstone: “Come on Micheal...”

Micheal Graves: “I want... I want to win the Universal Championship!”

A huge smile forms on Terry Blackstone's face as he throws his arms up victorious.

Terry Blackstone: “Attaboy! Now it's out there, you can't take it back. So the next step is for you to figure out what you need to do to achieve that goal.”

Micheal Graves: “I need to think about a lot of things. This could very well be my last chance to do anything in XWF. I need to make sure that I make the most of this opportunity. Thanks Terry, I think I needed that.”

Terry Blackstone: “I know that you needed that. You've always needed a good swift kick in the ass to get you going. Anyway, good match tonight Mike, and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next. Just remember to keep focused on that goal, make that shit a reality.”

Present Day

XWF Wildcard Weekend was just a month ago, but in the high paced world of Professional Wrestling, a month can seem like an eternity. Wildcard Weekend marked my return to the XWF after a decade away from the sport. It was also a chance to not only prove that I still have something to offer this company, and to send that guy who was pretending to be me on his merry way. When I decided to return, I had a set goal that I was going to see through no matter what the cost was. I was going to defeat “The Franchise” Michael Graves, and in turn earn my place here in the XWF. I achieved that goal with ease. As a matter of fact it turned out to be far easier than I ever would have thought it to be. The other Graves turned out to not be a challenge in the slightest. I'm pretty sure he didn't even get a single offensive move in during our match. By the end of the night I stood victorious and looking like a million bucks. So the question is, why have I not capitalized on that match? Why did I wait until now to return to TV? Simply put, I needed to get my shit together. Sure I wanted to spend the holidays with my family as well, but I seriously needed to get a handle on things.

I was seeing things hearing things, talking to myself. There is a voice... low and muffled, hard to understand... but it's there. It talks to me, ties to persuade me. The things that it suggest that I do are vile and nasty. I often wonder if that voice is a different entity living in my head, or if it's just me... The real me. I yearn to be a hero, a role model. I want my wife, and my kids to be proud of me. I want them to be able to hold their heads up high whenever someone mentions me, or the XWF to them, but at the same time... I want to listen to the voice. I want to inflict pain and suffering on anyone and everyone who stands across from me in that ring. At Wildcard I wanted nothing more that to set that pretending son of a bitch on fire. Burn him to a crisp, and let the EMTs sort out the mess. I almost did it too, but I restrained myself. I restrained myself because I thought, “what would my children think?”.
Over the last month I've had time to reflect on that moment. I've had time to reflect on everything that happened leading to that match. When I returned home from Wildcard, my kids met me at the door, and do you know what they said to me? They told me that they were really hoping that I was going to set Michael Graves ablaze. I questioned why they would want to see me do such a thing, and they both told me that they had been watching my old matches on YouTube. They knew about the things I used to do. They knew... and they were not horrified. They didn't think their father a monster. They already thought that I was the hero. They already looked at me as a role model. Not because I was fighting against myself to do what I perceived as the right thing to do, but because I was their father, and because they loved me.

I'll admit that I still struggled for a while. Sometimes it's hard to tell what the right thing to do is when you have children. You are always thinking about them. Every decision that you make in life, from the moment that your child is conceived, they are all with that child's best interest in mind. So, should I continue to try and be something that I'm not, or should I be the Dark Warrior Micheal Graves? The answer should have been simple, but it wasn't. I debated with myself back and forth for a few weeks. I even confided in my wife the struggles I was facing. It turned out to be her that made it seem so simple to me. She told me that I'm a Pro Wrestler. My job is to hurt people, win matches, and entertain a crowd. Being ultra violent is more entertaining that being a goody two shoes, and in itself doesn't make me a bad guy. I can be true to myself, while also setting an example for my kids. So from here on out, there's no holding back.

That brings me to Thaddeus Duke. Nobody out of this new generation of stars has caught my attention more than Thaddeus Duke. The kid is oozing with talent, and that shows with his win loss record. My match with Michael Graves proved to be a cake walk, but I'm sure that Thaddeus Duke is going to be the biggest challenge that I have faced in a very long time. The kid is only 17, and he is taking the XWF by storm, or at least he should be. I agree that there must be some shenanigans going on in management for this kid to not be higher up the card. He's a sure in for most under utilized talent. However I'm sure if he continues kicking ass and taking names the way that he has so far, sooner or later management will have no choice but to give him the opportunities that he is longing for. There's only one problem with that. His next opponent is me, and as much as I may respect Thaddeus, I do not plan on becoming another statistic on his list of accomplishments. I can't say for sure that I'm going to win, but I can say,

I'm not Jake Davis

I'm not Ghost Taint

I'm not Luca Arzegotti

I'm not Thomas Nixon

I'm not Gabe Reno

and I'm damn sure not “The Franchise” Micheal Graves!

I'm The Dark Warrior Micheal Fucking Graves!

The closest thing that Thaddeus Duke has faced to me, was The Dr. Louis D'Ville, and we all know how that turned out. Maybe Thaddeus can defeat me, maybe he can't, but either way, I'm not going down like some punk. I returned to the XWF to fight, to win, and to reclaim my legacy. So if anyone expects me to roll over and die, they're in for a shock.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like "Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves's post:
(01-15-2017), Jefferson Jackson (01-10-2017), Vincent Lane (01-10-2017)