Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 09-16-2024, 12:39 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
"Press Conference"
Felix Braddock Offline
The Übermensch

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

05-23-2016, 07:58 PM

Flashing cameras.

Hands clenching tightly around notepads. Waving furiously.

A sea of faceless reporters: representatives from major publications all the way to proprietors of minuscule blogs.

A podium stands feet away from the raucous crowd. The focus of their attention. That solid oak construct atop a platform, looking down at them with indifference. Separated by the flimsiest of barricades, more psychological than physical.

The man at the podium savored every second of pandemonium before him. A chorus of voices singing the sweet, disjointed mash-up of unrelated questions:

'About the allegations...'

'Part of the XW...'

'How do you get your hair to look so good?'

The disorder and chaos reminds him of The Union's 'Celebration'.

What should have been a party for the London crowd to celebrate their home country heroes winning the XWF Tag Team Championships, as well as a memorial for Tush's career, ruined. Turned into a brawl, all because Makaveli and his 'Resistance' being overzealous in their hatred.

They wanted a war?

Now they have one.

In the blink of an eye, the man at the podium jumped the barricade and almost started a riot.

Of course XWF Security stepped in to stop it. They're loyal to their paychecks. They couldn't afford to see the 'Resistance' decimated so quickly.

So thoroughly.

Felix J. Braddock clears his throat and leans into the microphone, million-dollar smile on his face.

'I'll take the first question. One at a time, please.'

'Is this choice of career a way of distracting everyone from the current controversies surrounding you?'

'Did you throw your fight against Bateman?'

'Are the betting allegations true?'

'I said one at a time.'

The man standing beside Felix pushes him aside and leans over the microphone, beads of sweat dripping down the sides of his bespectacled face.

'My client will not be answering any questions regarding the ongoing investigations at this time.'

'Terence Chase, ladies and gents.'

He leads the audience in a mock round of applause for the hefty man, who squawks with fake-laughter.

'That's what you pay me for.'

'Any questions I can answer?'

A hand goes up in the middle of the crowd.

'Jennifer Blake with the Kingston Guardian: considering the disparaging comments you've made about professional wrestling, notably referring to it as, and I quote "an absolute shit-show," do you feel hypocritical in any way about signing with the XWF?'

'No, not at all. Wrestling is a shit-show luv, I've just chosen to embrace it.'

'Marcus Johnson from BleacherReport.com, home of Swift Ion: how do you feel about Makaveli and the Resistance's attack on the Union's celebration?'

'Well I think that should be obvious, Marcus. It was a cowardly move, which I'm not surprised by. Considering after all, that Makaveli's been so desperate to be part of a movement he's willing to sell his entire race out by teaming with known racists. Oh, don't act coy, Mak. I know you'll hear of this eventually. Make no mistake, that's the lot you threw your chips in with. How sad is that, really?

'That said, despite their racism, I'm not surprised that the other two latched themselves to Makaveli's doomed movement. Peter's desperate for approval. For love. For acceptance. But most importantly, he wants gold. After all, Chris just took his precious Hart Title. Ripped it right from his cold, dead hands to the deafening applause of this great London crowd. He thinks that hitching himself to Mak's post like a good little mare will help his chances of shooting back up to... something. Anything.

'Then you have Dim, who's so gay for Peter it's actually kind of adorable in a twisted way.

'What a fantastic trio you have there, Makaveli.'

'And what is it you're after, if you're so critical of Peter's aims?'

A smirk creeps across Felix's face.

'The same as The Union's: promote English superiority. Re-establish English dominance until it's undeniable. Until there's absolutely no possible reason for the horrific bias that befalls athletes of English origin in American-based organizations. If that means snatching every championship I can get my hands on and setting fire to the XWF itself, I'll do it. We'll do it. Because while the Resistance might be a mess of clashing ideologies and selfish motivations, The Union is one.

'And it always will be.'

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Felix Braddock's post:
Chris MacBeth (05-24-2016), Scully (05-24-2016), Vincent Lane (05-24-2016)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Felix Braddock's post!
Peter Fn Gilmour (05-23-2016)