Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 10-17-2024, 10:06 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Looking Back and Ahead
PaladinChrisHartt Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

(always cheered; has massive following; almost never cheats)

02-22-2013, 11:55 PM

[Image: yonge_street.jpg]

College Street in Toronto, Canada. The city bustles with life. Cars buzz along quickly, people make their way along the sidewalks, coming and going from the string of businesses on this busy lane.

At the Orbit Room, owned by Rush's Alex Lifeson, 'the Paladin' Chris Hartt sits and enjoys a drink while looking at his iPad.

"It's been a long time since I've been here. I came here a few times with PVW. Once after winning the Rising Phoenix title. Me and Vinnie Vasquez really did it up and...

Well, it was a good time, for sure. I’ve spent a lot of time in different areas all over the world. New Orleans, Phoenix, Japan. I’ve gone where the work was and I’ve had the work come looking for me. When I started out, I was part of a tag team with a tough as a two-dollar steak Texas Mexican named Vinnie Vasquez. We were the oddest couple ever, but we worked well. I was the straightforward workhorse and Vinnie was the laid back muscle. We enjoyed each other’s company and won matches left and right.

Hartt sips his drink.

The time came and Vinnie sought out different pursuits. Last I heard, he became a rodeo rider. Or a clown. I don’t remember right now. He and I made a big impact in the business and I managed to roll it into a strong singles career. When I managed to win the Rising Phoenix Heritage Title, I was swept away by the guys who suddenly came out of the woodwork with glad hands and well wishes. I got a swelled head and thought I was bigger than the business, even at such a small level title. You live and you learn.

Hartt drains his drink.

A good run through Japan helped clear my head and show me again what this is all about. I came back to the U.S. and went back to that same fed and really gained a greater perspective on myself and new momentum in my career. But, the doors closed and all that momentum seemed like it was gonna stop. Not so, it seems. A call came through from the XWF and I signed up eagerly. Maybe I’m not the best fit around here. Who knows? But I know that I have the ability to bring the best wrestling to the fans and make them care about what they see.

Now, I'm here and am gonna face Bryan King. I've heard things about him. Some good, some not so good. I'm told very clearly that he doesn't like guys like me. He tends to think of anyone with my point of view as weak and useless.

I've been there before with this kind of thinking. It arises more than I care to admit. Guys like him live by their strength of body and of mental image. Usually, way more problems of the mental kind. I've faced guys like him before who see everyone else as weak because to admit that they themselves are weak is like saying they're dead.

I had a great debut match and am not stopping now. Bryan King will no doubt be a run for my money, but I believe I can bring an equally great fight to this match and I feel good that I can win it. As much to show him how wrong he is, as well as working my way up the ranks.

There's nothing I wouldn't do to go as far as I can in XWF and I'm damn sure going to do my best to get there and beyond. Bryan King will be no easy hurdle and he'd better not see me as a night off or an easy pass. I'm sure to disappoint and leave him hurting afterwards. I’ve put a lot of my life on the line to be in this business and be here, but I can’t imagine being anywhere else. I believe in myself and I know what I’m capable of. I wonder how easily Bryan King can say that. Even more, how much would he believe it? I hope to find out soon.
"

Hartt stands up, leaves a $20 on the table and grabs his backpack, before walking towards the door.

"You can bet I'll be ready. Wednesday Night Warfare will be a real battleground. Bryan King will know it and I definitely guarantee it."
Edit Hate Post Like Post