X-treme Wrestling Federation
TAG RP IDEAS - Printable Version

+- X-treme Wrestling Federation (https://xwf99.com)
+-- Forum: XWF OOC (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Out Of Character (OOC) Board (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: TAG RP IDEAS (/showthread.php?tid=41427)

TAG RP IDEAS - "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane - 07-20-2021

Hey everyone!

So I've been kicking around an idea recently that I'd like some feedback on. Thanks a ton for all the input you've given on the title belts, etc., by the way.

With tag team RPs, we have always essentially just had twice the amount of RPs because it's twice the competitors. It's been the same regardless of if there were actually two handlers per team or just one handler with two characters, etc.

What I was pondering was whether it would be better for us to move to a situation where all tag team matches are "collab" RPs only? Considering that one of the things we most look for in a tag team is the actual teamwork, it could go a long ways to sort of "force" that teamwork more.

Here is my logic:

1) Currently, a team like THUGS is at a huge disadvantage because it's one handler versus a team like TNGB who have two. This adjustment would even that out and create the ability for single-handler teams to be just as capable of winning.

2) Obviously this would also reduce the workload for match judges, since there would be fewer RPs to read. We'd probably have a different word count max for tag RPs (moot on Warfare, obviously) to kind of balance things out.

3) This would also create more of a situation where people who are REALLY GOOD at working together will have an advantage, as it should be in tag teams - in the past we have seen a lot of "superteams" that might not even have a real connection other than them both be amazing at individual RPs - so when they are thrown together they do great as a pair of individuals. Think of a real world example like HBK and Stone Cold - they had no business being a team, but they were both awesome so of course they could still win. But that was at the expense of teams who were great TEAMS, like... uh... the Headbangers? Whatever, it wasn't a great time for tag teams.

I'd love to hear what you guys think on this. Am I alone here? Is there something we could look at potentially and see if it's better or worse?

TELL ME, DAMMIT.

re:TAG RP IDEAS - Miss Fury - 07-20-2021

I'm 100% on board with this idea.

TAG RP IDEAS - Dolly Waters - 07-20-2021

I’m a fan of this. Lessens the judging load, saves writers on their content and does something about pulling people together in the tag team matches. BIG fan of this actually.

TAG RP IDEAS - Atara Raven - 07-20-2021

100% Behind it.

TAG RP IDEAS - Charlie Nickles - 07-20-2021

I think we should expand the rp limit on the tag belt specifically to force judges to do even more work. That's my position and I'm sticking to it.

TAG RP IDEAS - NorthKoreanWarCriminal - 07-20-2021

I love this idea.

Whenever I see someone new drop a Tag Team roster sheet, no matter how cool they are or even if they drop a killer debut RP, in the back of my head I think, Welp, they're going to hit a ceiling, for exactly the reasons outlined in bullet point 1 above. Which is a bummer, cuz it prevents a lot of cool, designed-from-the-get-go tag teams and rewards pretty exclusively those Mega Powers-esque duos of solo characters.

Pretty much any idea that rewards tag teams for awesome collaborative effort, instead of excellence in isolation (which is awesome, of course, but not necessarily a celebration of what the tag division is), I am 100% in love with.

re:TAG RP IDEAS - Corey Smith - 07-20-2021

Speaking as someone who has tried to solo handle tag teams, yes this 1000%. Its always something that's kinda bugged me about our tag division and it's great that it's being reevaluated.

TAG RP IDEAS - Atara Raven - 07-20-2021

I wanna do Osira Atara things...

TAG RP IDEAS - Thunder Knuckles™ - 07-20-2021

Less work?! Sign me up!... To be clear the payout is still the same...yes? I know this is out of character... and no I don't give a shit. Its a serious question.

re:TAG RP IDEAS - "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane - 07-21-2021

You will continue to get the xbux I already send you.

(07-20-2021, 10:29 PM)Thunder Knuckles™ Said: Less work?! Sign me up!... To be clear the payout is still the same...yes? I know this is out of character... and no I don't give a shit. Its a serious question.

TAG RP IDEAS - Ciela Luiz - 07-21-2021

I like this idea. It is something fresh and makes the fed feel new again!