X-treme Wrestling Federation
Your favorite XWF PPVs - Printable Version

+- X-treme Wrestling Federation (https://xwf99.com)
+-- Forum: XWF OOC (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Out Of Character (OOC) Board (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Your favorite XWF PPVs (/showthread.php?tid=40013)

Your favorite XWF PPVs - Atticus Gold - 03-03-2021

Hello all,

Just a quick post, I wanted to ask everyone what their favorite PPVs are and why? Do you love Relentless because it's 3 days long and has a weird/fun gimmick? War Games due to the team draft? March Madness for the tournament? So on and so forth. Are there any PPVs from the past that you'd like to see again or is there another PPV that you have seen that would work well here?

There are no wrong answers and it'll benefit us a lot knowing what you guys like the most. If you have any extra input/criticism on PPVs don't be afraid to say.

Thank you.

Your favorite XWF PPVs - Thaddeus Duke - 03-03-2021

I like Relentless the most. I can be a total attention whore on that one and no one knows the difference.

re:Your favorite XWF PPVs - Corey Smith - 03-03-2021

War Games. I love it. The team dynamic. The drafting. The collaboration. All of it.

Your favorite XWF PPVs - ALIAS - 03-03-2021

Relentless sounds horrific. I'm gonna quit before that one and then come back two weeks later.

War Games sounds fun with a draft. I'm looking forward to that.

A couple of notable ones from the past were Lord of the Ring (think the High Stakes Battle Royal but with Uni Title rules) and X-Mas X-Treme (tournament, so kind of covered with March Madness). Snow Job used to be a fan vote for who gets title shots /stipulations, etc. Leap of Faith had some sort of gimmick attached, but I can't remember what. Autumn in Hell often used a Helldome main event that became the signature 'most X-Treme' match (a multi-man triple-decker cage with different rules/goodies on each level and efedded up to the nth degree).

re:Your favorite XWF PPVs - Atticus Gold - 03-03-2021

Just to clarify about Relentless, you don't have to opt into all 3 days lol only weirdos like Thad does that.

re:Your favorite XWF PPVs - Thaddeus Duke - 03-03-2021

(03-03-2021, 06:11 PM)Atticus White Said: Just to clarify about Relentless, you don't have to opt into all 3 days lol only weirdos like Thad does that.

I... I didn't get that memo.

re:Your favorite XWF PPVs - Theo Pryce - 03-03-2021

(03-03-2021, 06:19 PM)Thaddeus Duke Said:
(03-03-2021, 06:11 PM)Atticus White Said: Just to clarify about Relentless, you don't have to opt into all 3 days lol only weirdos like Thad does that.

Would you have read it if you did?

Your favorite XWF PPVs - B.O.B. D - 03-03-2021

I'll tell you one thing: it's definitely NOT Lethal Lottery lol

re:Your favorite XWF PPVs - "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane - 03-03-2021

For nostalgic reasons I love Relentless as it was my first PPV in XWF. I also love Bad Medicine because it was the first one I was the main event of (I lost because Doc).

Conceptually, War Games and Lethal Lottery are the most fun IMO. The EG draft is always a blast, and people end up coming up with awesome ways to make their teams work. Not to mention, War Games is the ONE and ONLY time Vinnie Lane and Ghost Tank squared off!

LL is super fun with how the teams are redone every round, and how the winning partners then face off at the end. We've seen some great work come out of that event.

re:Your favorite XWF PPVs - Thaddeus Duke - 03-03-2021

(03-03-2021, 07:00 PM)Theo Pryce Said:
(03-03-2021, 06:19 PM)Thaddeus Duke Said:

Would you have read it if you did?

I'd have scoffed, said "don't be ridiculous", then tossed it in the trash

re:Your favorite XWF PPVs - Shawn Warstein - 03-03-2021

(03-03-2021, 06:08 PM)Alias Said: Relentless sounds horrific. I'm gonna quit before that one and then come back two weeks later.

War Games sounds fun with a draft. I'm looking forward to that.

A couple of notable ones from the past were Lord of the Ring (think the High Stakes Battle Royal but with Uni Title rules) and X-Mas X-Treme (tournament, so kind of covered with March Madness). Snow Job used to be a fan vote for who gets title shots /stipulations, etc. Leap of Faith had some sort of gimmick attached, but I can't remember what. Autumn in Hell often used a Helldome main event that became the signature 'most X-Treme' match (a multi-man triple-decker cage with different rules/goodies on each level and efedded up to the nth degree).

There was a Helldome recently. It was adapted to the times but James did a phenomenal job writing it.

I was partial to the Countdown Rumble.

re:Your favorite XWF PPVs - R.L. Edgar - 03-03-2021

Lethal Lottery

Your favorite XWF PPVs - Ned Kaye - 03-03-2021

I say this from a very, very biased PoV: March Madness.

The XWF doesn't tend to have a yearly Wrestlemania equivalent, although there are definitely some arguments on if a show tends to take that place via proxy. (I wouldn't be surprised if Relentless turned out to be precisely that.)

From the second I stepped into the fed, MM felt different to me. It's got a tournament, it feels like a real kickoff to the next year of the XWF every show for me and it's bound to be exciting! (Side note: If I ever won a Lethal Lottery, I would probably push for a PPV with a tournament element. Tourneys are rad!)

It has everything I typically want for a big show and I get hyped just thinking about it. No disrespect to other shows, MM is just always going to be special to me.

Your favorite XWF PPVs - Thaddeus Duke - 03-03-2021

Also, I'd like to state publicly that I have always hated the concept of the actual Leap of Faith match

Your favorite XWF PPVs - Robert "The Omega" Main - 03-04-2021

Wargames!

re:Your favorite XWF PPVs - Thunder Knucklesā„¢ - 03-04-2021

Relentless.

Your favorite XWF PPVs - Atara Raven - 03-04-2021

>.> C*ntfest.

Your favorite XWF PPVs - LiamRoberts - 03-05-2021

My all-time favorite is the month-long clusterfuck that was the original Lord of the Ring battle royal.

re:Your favorite XWF PPVs - Prof. Bobby Bourbon - 03-05-2021

Relentless.

You can have any of the matches you get on any other PPV on Relentless.

You can't get Relentless on any other PPV.

It's our Mania. Our Starrcade. It's the biggest of the big!

re:Your favorite XWF PPVs - Centurion - 03-05-2021

re:Your favorite XWF PPVs - Shawn Warstein - 03-05-2021

(03-04-2021, 10:56 PM)Atara Themis Said: >.> C*ntfest.

PREACH!!!!

re:Your favorite XWF PPVs - Theo Pryce - 03-05-2021

(03-05-2021, 05:23 AM)Bobby Bourbon Said: Relentless.

You can have any of the matches you get on any other PPV on Relentless.

You can't get Relentless on any other PPV.

It's our Mania. Our Starrcade. It's the biggest of the big!

Someone get's it. And this year instead of doing Hall of Legends inductions every few PPV's we are gonna do them all as part of Relentless weekend to make it even better.

Your favorite XWF PPVs - Jayzon Williamz - 03-05-2021

Back in the day I was always a fan of the tourneys so I was a huge fan of Lord of the Ring and also just loved the extreme nature of Rage in the Cage.

Of the current era War Games definitely sounds like a lot of fun!

Your favorite XWF PPVs - Michael McBride - 03-05-2021

I'd have to say Lethal Lottery. You just never know what you're gonna get. I could never tell who was going to be at the end. It was always fun to to see what was gonna happen next.