X-treme Wrestling Federation
January SOTM - Printable Version

+- X-treme Wrestling Federation (https://xwf99.com)
+-- Forum: XWF OOC (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Out Of Character (OOC) Board (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: January SOTM (/showthread.php?tid=39687)

January SOTM - "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane - 02-02-2021

Hello folks!

What a start to 2021, huh? Pretty rad (yes I do actually talk this way).

ANYWAY it's time to crown the very first star of the month for the new year. As you know, last month we took a detour and gave some credit to the folks that really helped out the site when it was needed. HUGE THANK forever to you guys. I'm making that heart shaped hand gesture at you right now.

For THIS LAST MONTH though, we're going back to the usual!

We just had a MASSIVE turnout with great performances at Snow Job, new champs, new stories, etc. So much to choose from!

I'm picking a handful of the most obvious choices to throw up there, but AS ALWAYS you can vote OTHER and let me know who else should be getting a vote! WE LIKE THAT!

Please give me your supporting reason as well! Thanks!

January SOTM - Charlie Nickles - 02-02-2021

Drez for lulz

January SOTM - Doctor Louis D'Ville - 02-02-2021

Lycana!

This lady brought it at the PPV! She's a great rep for her group, the Left Hand, and her writing is out of this world. She had two big matches this month to establish her and Marf as a tag team, and although they were losses they were against some tough foes (alias/myst, edgar/corey) then got thrown into the big show where she had an impressive showing. There's only good things coming to her if she keeps this up. I'd vote her twice.

re:January SOTM - Corey Smith - 02-02-2021

Voting for my ice cream buddy Alias. Writing is some of the most innovative and surreal I've seen in some time. And the fact that it consistently also managed to be such high quality was just the cherry on top. He was a pleasure to work with this month and I think he'll make a great XTreme champion.

A close second was RL, driven by an established handler who has taken what was basically a back up underutilized character and turned him into a Hart champion in like 2 months. Bravo there as well.

re:January SOTM - B.O.B. D - 02-02-2021

My vote goes to Page. Dude's been competing for the Universal Championship since I arrived and fell short every time.

Until now. It got to the point where I wondered if he'd ever pull it off, something I'm sure even HE probably thought. But he did it and after everything his character has gone through, it's well deserved.

January SOTM - R.L. Edgar - 02-02-2021

January was SO badass I voted for 3, in alphabetical order:

Alias- Some of my favorite material, overall, that I've ever read on these forums. Chris Page described it as "3D" on the podcast last week, and he couldn't have been more correct. With all of that said, the fact that he carried that work consistently and capped it off with a big title win at Snow Job is why get gets this vote.

Corey Smith- For essentially the same reasons as Alias. Both guys worked with off-pairing tag teams and found a way to win, Corey Smith did it twice in one month, one of which being a title match win at the PPV. He's helpful, and his writings are, again, some of my favorites each and every time.

Lycana- Did you see the work she churned out? Incredibly talented, consistent, and fun to read. Even where she lost matches, they didn't really feel like losses.

January SOTM - Barney Green - 02-02-2021

it was a hard choice all around but I gotta give the vote to Page. One of the hardest working people here and always a joy to work with. He deserves this honor and proves age is only a number.

January SOTM - Theo Pryce - 02-02-2021

I voted for Drezdin because nothing says SOTM like an incoherent OOC rant.

re:January SOTM - R.L. Edgar - 02-02-2021

(02-02-2021, 09:20 AM)Theo Pryce Said: I voted for Drezdin because nothing says SOTM like an incoherent OOC rant.

I was going to say: in all fairness, that was the most impressive RP he’s ever posted.

January SOTM - Thaddeus Duke - 02-02-2021

As much as I want to vote for my dance partner, I just can't in good faith. My vote goes to Lycana. She's ran the gauntlet over the last month or so and while she didn't win, she stepped up to the plate big time and didn't back down. As someone that's kinda good at this stuff, that doesn't go unnoticed and that has earned her a ton of respect from "the big guns" around the XWF.

Lycana for the win.

re:January SOTM - Thunder Knuckles™ - 02-02-2021

I voted for Page. Multiple times trying to win the Uni and finally succeeded taking out talented champion at that. Noone had a better month my opinion.

January SOTM - Brooke Hernandez - 02-02-2021

Page and Lycana both deserve this

January SOTM - Ash Quinn - 02-02-2021

I voted page but honestly it’s a toss up between Lycana him and Alias all brought it hard this cycle

January SOTM - ALIAS - 02-02-2021

People voting for me are bonkers. I took the first half of the month off from rping.

CCP capped off a hell of a program with the big belt, so he gets my vote.

Loving the votes for Lycana, because I agree that she's been ureal.

I want to throw out an honourable mention to Betsy Granger too, who I was kind of surprised wasn't on the obvious list above. To me, you could flip a coin between her and CCP for who has not only had a massive impact story-wise, but also capped off the month with a big title win.

January SOTM - Centurion - 02-02-2021

My OFFICIAL vote is going to Betsy Granger, who I thought was absolutely solid all month long. But this one was really, really tough.

Chris Page absolutely deserves it. Hell, he's deserved it for about a year now.

I normally always vote for Ruby when she's up for anything, and I hope someday she gets the nod and adds her name to the list. (this month is tough, though)

Alias, of course, though I'd also like to throw a bone to not only Lycana, but basically all of Left Hand. Despite things ending up a bit rocky between myself and the group, I can't deny, nor can anyone else, that they have been one of the biggest stories of the XWF over the past two months. You know you're a big deal when basically every wrestler wants to step up and face you.

January SOTM - Chris Page - 02-02-2021

Appreciate the nomination-

Not voting for myself, although how heel would that be? Been there done that. My vote is going to Alias- while this is January I look at the roleplays the guy has put up at High Stakes as well; and feel that bad he gotten all 6 up a lot of things could have changed in placements etc, etc. Take that with winning the Xtreme Title in his second month of completing with the character speaks volumes.

Now... everyone else needs to vote for me so we can move on 😂😉😂😉

re:January SOTM - Lycana - 02-02-2021

A huge thank you to all <3

I dont want to take credit from anybody here, I think everybody put out some amazing work and I loved reading them all. If I was forced to pick, I would choose both Alias and RL.

January SOTM - HeavensToBetsy - 02-02-2021

First of all, thank you Cent, that made my day.

My vote went to Alias, but the choice wasn’t simple. All of you brought some amazing stuff to the table and if I could vote for everyone, I would. In my heart, you’re all stars.

January SOTM - Atara Raven - 02-02-2021

I voted Alias, his stuff just stands out from everything else.

re:January SOTM - Prof. Bobby Bourbon - 02-03-2021

Mad props to Lycana. Amazing writer.

Had to give the nod to Page. CCP has been bringing it for months, he's due.