X-treme Wrestling Federation
A Thank You - Printable Version

+- X-treme Wrestling Federation (https://xwf99.com)
+-- Forum: XWF OOC (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Out Of Character (OOC) Board (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: A Thank You (/showthread.php?tid=33577)

A Thank You - B.O.B. D - 05-06-2019

I just wanted to thank everyone in general. When I first got here, I instantly regretted it. I wanted to relive a fun part of my past and didn't feel like my heart was into it, and I wanted to quit. But I skimmed over the work people did and realized how much I had to step my game up.

And I've been very proud of my work. My match with Lux made me crank out some of my best stuff ever and I've never felt better about a loss in my life. I wrote the match because I was so proud of the back and forth we had and wanted to give it the excitement I felt we earned.

I didn't come here to brag, I just wanted you to know I'm having a blast and am feeling nostalgic. It's been fun getting to know people and the depths of their characters. I really found this place by chance, because I was curious if anyone actually still did this. I'm glad I did, because I think I found the best.

A Thank You - The Brothers Blackwater - 05-06-2019

Glad to hear you're having fun. Your last piece on Warfare was quite good and I really enjoyed it.

A Thank You - Centurion - 05-07-2019

You're getting better each week. Glad you're having fun.

re:A Thank You - "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane - 05-07-2019

I love this post. I always worry about someone who steps up big time and still loses because I feel like they might get deflated and take it badly. I love it when it's taken in stride.

I think you're on an upward trend and have nothing but positive things to say about your stuff thus far. We all started out at one place and improved over time. Trust me, if you go back far enough through anyone's posts you can always see the evolution.

re:A Thank You - Tony Santos - 05-07-2019

(05-07-2019, 05:26 AM)"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Said: I love this post. I always worry about someone who steps up big time and still loses because I feel like they might get deflated and take it badly. I love it when it's taken in stride.

I think you're on an upward trend and have nothing but positive things to say about your stuff thus far. We all started out at one place and improved over time. Trust me, if you go back far enough through anyone's posts you can always see the evolution.

My first ever fed I was a part of was like 15 years back, and I had a character named "Sage" who was supposed to be some demonic killer, but was really just a bad Undertaker knock off.

Then I found out that sage is a spice, and yeah, I never exactly accomplished much in that go round Smile.

You're killing it, BigD. Keep up the awesome work and the positivity.

re:A Thank You - B.O.B. D - 05-07-2019

Thank you for all the kind words. It's definitely appreciated.

I know what you mean by evolution, my First promo ever had me sitting on a bus and make a comment about how I couldn't wait to fight my opponent, and then it faded out. Back then I didn't fully understand what writing a real promo entirely meant. It took alot of looking over what others did to fully grasp the concept. I'm definitely gonna try to experiment more with things.

And Tony, I also had a ripoff character, only mine was Kane. His name was Bad Man and he was literally Kane is everything but name. Lol

A Thank You - Griffin MacAlister - 05-07-2019

Definitely awesome that you're diggin' fed life and I think your material has been great. Keep up the good work man. It's been fun facing ya and I enjoy reading your rps.

A Thank You - Corey Smith - 05-07-2019

Everybody's first character was a ripoff character, lol.

XWF can be daunting, because to be honest it's a pretty high level of play. It probably has the highest concentration of good writers of any fed I've ever been to (and I have been in a shit load). So while, yeah, it can be tough, I don't think there's anywhere else out there where you can learn so much so quickly about creative writing and how to step your game up. Good on you for sticking it out and for this positive post.

re:A Thank You - Lacklan - 05-07-2019

(05-07-2019, 11:25 AM)Lux Said: Everybody's first character was a ripoff character, lol.

[Image: uyjbwVjb.jpg]

re:A Thank You - Corey Smith - 05-07-2019

(05-07-2019, 11:40 AM)Lacklan Said:
(05-07-2019, 11:25 AM)Lux Said: Everybody's first character was a ripoff character, lol.

[Image: uyjbwVjb.jpg]

Oh please, like you didn't have the same Repo Man rip off like everybody else did!

That was a common experience, right?

re:A Thank You - Griffin MacAlister - 05-07-2019

This was my first efed character. Ever. Not just in the XWF. I joined the XWF in the summer of 2012 and never wrote in an efed before then or even online really. Save for some poetry on Myspace, lol. All my writing was done oldschool style, by hand and in notebooks.

Although, Griffin isn't totally the man that he started out as, there are five defining characteristics still remaining linked to him since the beginning - He has always been a mechanic, he has never been on the side of the law, he's forever smoked a shit ton of chronic; primarily blunts, he drives a motorcycle (a customized 1971 Triumph Bonneville 650, with a ’69 motor) and he carries a Colt 45 on him, at all times. (The gun, not the 40oz)

That's as far as the character in the realm of efedding is concerned. He did not start out there and if you were somehow able to view before then, you would find he went through some hefty changes, lol.

A Thank You - Peter Fn Gilmour - 05-07-2019

glad u having fun

re:A Thank You - The Brothers Blackwater - 05-08-2019

(05-07-2019, 08:18 AM)Tony Santos Said: Then I found out that sage is a spice.

Sage - as a noun also means a man of profound wisdom, while the adjective means showing the action of being wise. Those versions come to mind for me before the spice. Probably cause I don't use that spice very often, lol.

A Thank You - Rain - 05-12-2019

Two of my very first characters, 20 years ago, was Stung and Shane-o-mac Bry. My real name is Shane Bryant, so I'm sure you can figure that one out. Used that as my alias as the cartoonist on the high school newspaper. And Stung.... well, yeah. >.< ...Though, he was a dreamwalker, fucking with his opponent through their nightmares, so I suppose it was a bit creative. Sting's real name is Steve Borden, so there's the story of my evolution into Reeve Gordon. And Reeve's split side, Rain, used to be spelled 'raYne'. He's always been gay / bi / androgynous, cuz the character's built around the real me. I even used myself as a picbase at one point, along with David Bowie as Jareth from Labyrinth, Jeff Hardy, Andy Sixx, Dahvie Vanity, and Dahvie Havok.