X-treme Wrestling Federation
Football. - Printable Version

+- X-treme Wrestling Federation (https://xwf99.com)
+-- Forum: XWF OOC (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Out Of Character (OOC) Board (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Football. (/showthread.php?tid=3123)

Football. - Steve "KingSlayer" Davids - 05-29-2013

I wanted to know if anyone has any interest in football/soccer as I do?

Massive fan of Charlton atheltic and England...

Football. - Bane Williams - 05-29-2013

I live and breathe football.

I support Dundee United. Down your neck of the woods though I follow Nottingham Forest (my uncle is from Nottingham) and Chelsea (supported them since I was a kid when everyone was jumping on the Man Utd band wagon)

RE: Football. - Steve "KingSlayer" Davids - 05-29-2013

(05-29-2013, 12:54 PM)Bane Williams Said: I live and breathe football.

I support Dundee United. Down your neck of the woods though I follow Nottingham Forest (my uncle is from Nottingham) and Chelsea (supported them since I was a kid when everyone was jumping on the Man Utd band wagon)

Ah that's interesting, I also follow Arsenal who my Dad supports...

You see England vs Ireland?

Football. - Nightmare - 05-29-2013

Just watched England v Ireland. Hmmm

I am life long Man Utd fan but also follow my local football league team Northampton Town and Former England Fan member. (Couldn't justify the 70 quid renewal this time around)

Wasn't the best of games, England are extremely week defensively.

Yeah I agree with that I think there are few young guys that will be able to do the job if they progress as they should but apart from that I don't have great confidence with the defensive side of things. Saying that we need a big decent striker as well IMO.

I think Carroll deserves another chance, as well as Ricky Lambert

Ricky Lambert definitely needs a chance, I actually do like Carroll and I don't think he has done anything wrong. I don't know I just miss the days of Shearer and Sheringham and Lineker before that lol

We all miss them!

Football. - Sean Falcon - 05-29-2013

GO STEELERS! GOD BLESS 'MURICA!

Football. - Tyler Decker - 05-29-2013

Speaking as a Newcastle fan, Andy Carroll is great. Being bought for £35 million shat on his career because as a young player he wasn't ready for that. He was good in the role he played at Newcastle because the team was built around him. Liverpool weren't prepared to do that and tried to slot him into a team where he didn't fit. He has had a great season with West Ham and I think he deserves another chance in the England team; he's only 24, after all.

I would certainly take him back at Newcastle, I'd rather have him than Cisse

Agree with that majorly!

RE: Football. - Nightmare - 05-29-2013

(05-29-2013, 02:37 PM)Tyler Decker Said: Speaking as a Newcastle fan, Andy Carroll is great. Being bought for £35 million shat on his career because as a young player he wasn't ready for that. He was good in the role he played at Newcastle because the team was built around him. Liverpool weren't prepared to do that and tried to slot him into a team where he didn't fit. He has had a great season with West Ham and I think he deserves another chance in the England team; he's only 24, after all.

I would certainly take him back at Newcastle, I'd rather have him than Cisse

That's just what Liverpool do... Cough Robbie Keane Cough. Lol

Football. - Bane Williams - 05-30-2013

Sturridge has been a good signing for Liverpool, I still think Chelsea were daft to sell him. We're needing a prolific goalscorer to really push forward and Sturrudge could have been that, given time.

With Falcao looking like he's heading to Monaco, Cavani most likely going to Real Madrid and Lewandowski likely to end up at Bayern, that's our 3 main signing targets not likely to be joining us. I think Lukaku would benefit from another loan deal to continue getting first team football, it's certainly not doing Courtois any harm. All this talk of Carroll and I genuinely think that he'd actually fit in quite well at Chelsea, given the service that Mata, Hazard and Oscar provide, he'd definitely get goals.

Football. - MrVyper - 05-30-2013

Villa fan till I die unfortunately! Brummie ay I. Mind, none of the other guys from USA, Australia will probably know what a brummie is haha.

Football. - Bane Williams - 05-30-2013

Quite a large collection of Brits we have here then, I'd imagine I'm the only Scot here though, I know of a Welshman here too, don't think he's that into football though, more of a rugby guy.

Football. - Steve "KingSlayer" Davids - 05-31-2013

I'm from Devon