X-treme Wrestling Federation
feed back on Anthony Knucks Scalici first rp - Printable Version

+- X-treme Wrestling Federation (https://xwf99.com)
+-- Forum: XWF OOC (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Out Of Character (OOC) Board (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: feed back on Anthony Knucks Scalici first rp (/showthread.php?tid=30794)

feed back on Anthony Knucks Scalici first rp - Anthony "Knucks" Scalici - 03-04-2018

Look i am trying out a new character here in the XWF and i am new to this place feel free to shit on me or give positive feedback.

http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=30793

feed back on Anthony Knucks Scalici first rp - Muddy Waters - 03-04-2018

A lot to cringe at here grammatically, but grammar is something I’ve always struggled with too. What Ive found here in the xwf is that strong story, character development and entertaining trash talk will supersede bad writing habits.

Seems like the readers got to learn just enough about Knucks without learning too much early on- and so that my friend is a good start. Just keep working at it- I’m intrigued enough to read more.

re:feed back on Anthony Knucks Scalici first rp - Vincent Lane - 03-04-2018

(03-04-2018, 07:46 AM)Anthony "Knucks" Scalici Said: Look i am trying out a new character here in the XWF and i am new to this place feel free to shit on me or give positive feedback.

You should supply a link to the RP here, it makes it easier for people to check you out and give some feedback.

re:feed back on Anthony Knucks Scalici first rp - Vincent Lane - 03-04-2018

There, I added it for you. I'm nice.

Anyway, I'd echo Muddy's sentiments above. The grammar is pretty bad, and it makes it hard to read. Also having dialogue buried in there without really denoting who is speaking (unless it's Knucks) can be kind of arduous.

Overall, it's a good first effort. It's better than most "first efforts" that we see, so I think you'll do fine. Once you fiddle with your presentation and come up with a more fleshed out story, I think the character has legs.

re:feed back on Anthony Knucks Scalici first rp - Prof. Bobby Bourbon - 03-04-2018

Just keep writing dude. The kinks work themselves out over time as long as you are enjoying yourself.

re:feed back on Anthony Knucks Scalici first rp - Anthony "Knucks" Scalici - 03-05-2018

Thanks for the feedback and yes my grammar is bad. I am sorry for that I do try to fix it.

re:feed back on Anthony Knucks Scalici first rp - Vincent Lane - 03-05-2018

(03-05-2018, 02:31 PM)Anthony "Knucks" Scalici Said: Thanks for the feedback and yes my grammar is bad. I am sorry for that I do try to fix it.

It's cool man I've seen a lot worse. I just think that's the quickest and easiest way to improve right off the bat.

But like Rob says - just write. Tell your story. It will evolve, I promise.

feed back on Anthony Knucks Scalici first rp - Finn Kühn - 03-05-2018

The just write advice is probably the best in this situation. I was REALLY bad when I first came in with Maverick, but slowly I improved to have some decent skills, just to use an example. You have a solid base going on with your work, but if you refine your grammar and stick it out a bit, you'll be seeing a definite improvement.

re:feed back on Anthony Knucks Scalici first rp - Drew Archyle - 03-05-2018

(03-05-2018, 03:09 PM)Finn Kühn Said: The just write advice is probably the best in this situation. I was REALLY bad when I first came in with Maverick, but slowly I improved to have some decent skills, just to use an example. You have a solid base going on with your work, but if you refine your grammar and stick it out a bit, you'll be seeing a definite improvement.

It's amazing how much one can improve when they actually RP for their matches. Just saying.

re:feed back on Anthony Knucks Scalici first rp - Finn Kühn - 03-05-2018

Shit

You rite

re:feed back on Anthony Knucks Scalici first rp - Robert "The Omega" Main - 03-05-2018

Get a good story going and progress through it! A story never really has to end. Just the chapters do! The grammar will fall into place over time! Just keep it up!

feed back on Anthony Knucks Scalici first rp - "Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves - 03-05-2018

I've always said that I'm not a writer. As a matter of fact I struggled with English more than any subject in school. Yet I've gotten pretty decent at it. The best advice is what you've already been told. Just keep at it, read as much as you can both here or even books. You'll improve your writing and grammar with practice.

The most important thing is advice that was once given to me. Just make sure that YOU enjoy what your writing. If you do, it'll show, and others will enjoy it as well.

As far as the RP in question goes. It's a good start. I've seen (and written) far far worse lol.