X-treme Wrestling Federation
Upping the activity. - Printable Version

+- X-treme Wrestling Federation (https://xwf99.com)
+-- Forum: XWF OOC (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Out Of Character (OOC) Board (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Upping the activity. (/showthread.php?tid=10749)

Upping the activity. - Archie Lawson - 02-24-2014

Hi all,

things have been really quiet lately. I don't know if that's just me thinking that? Anyone? No?

Yeah, the show turnouts are getting thinner and I was wondering why that was? Are people more busy? Is it because there's three shows per week?

Also, I wondered if anyone had any ideas on how we could up the activity?

Upping the activity. - Smoke - 02-24-2014

Bear in mind that there are a few large events going on in quick succession. Nuclear Winter, then not long after the PPV. A few people are going into my Shove-It too.

I think activity will pick up again by the end of March. At least that's when I'm going to start appearing on Warfare :P

Upping the activity. - John Austin - 02-24-2014

I know for me, I overbooked myself the past week. I would have loved to put up more for the past shove it but work and other situations picked up to where I can only do one for shove it and one for madness this week.....

Upping the activity. - Peter Fn Gilmour - 02-24-2014

for me ive been burnt out with show after show after show and i think the match with me and theo really killed me.. thus why im taking time off after madness

Upping the activity. - Theo Pryce - 02-24-2014

I think having a Shove It, thus a 3rd show seemingly every week for the last month or so plays a big part in it. Say for each match on Shove It that's 5-6 rp's between the two, maybe more depending on the participants, that's 5-6 less RP's per Warfare Madness. If you have 6 matches on a Shove It, you are talking roughly 18 less rp's per Madness and per Warfare roughly. That's a decent chunk right there.

I should also clarify, I'm not saying that there shouldn't be Shove It's as I have participated in I think 3 the last month and a half, I've enjoyed them and I think that the people that have hosted them have done a fantastic job and the turnouts have been great. But I definitely thing this is a big factor in why the turnouts for the other main shows have been less than stellar.

RE: Upping the activity. - Wallace Witasick - 02-24-2014

From my general experience whenever we announce a PPV the role playing activity seems to go down as many try to save their strength for the PPV.

Upping the activity. - Archie Lawson - 02-24-2014

Ah, that makes sense. I was just wondering why things seemed so quiet

RE: Upping the activity. - Frodo mother fucking Smackins - 02-24-2014

I would participate more, but alas I won a flag pole through my chest. Turns out that's not a good prize.

Upping the activity. - AlexandraCallaway - 02-24-2014

My decline in activity has to do with college.

Upping the activity. - Mandii Rider - 02-24-2014

Hand got better, life said "Go to your job you lazy bum", put up 6 rps last week that took a while to write, that's pretty much it for me. I'm still here though!

Upping the activity. - Great Buzzard Eli James IV - 02-25-2014

Personally, I would combine Saturday Night Shove It and the "Development" the same show. Saturday can have a mixture between up and comers, and active competitors who opt in. I don't know why people opt in so many shows, in my opinion. To each his own I suppose lol.

What Wallace said too.. a big ppv is coming that is including everyone.. just a few opinions not that it matters much.

Upping the activity. - Archie Lawson - 02-25-2014

Of course it matters !

Upping the activity. - Morbid Angel - 02-25-2014

Morbid Angel is normal...Except in Feedback...I don't do feedback anymore...mainly because everyone wants some but no one wants to give some...I believe this time of year feds always slump...it will pick up again