Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-27-2024, 10:59 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Prince and Other Things: RP 3
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

01-03-2014, 05:06 PM

Thursday, January 2, 2014 – 5:19 PM EST – The Compound – Old Saybrook, Connecticut

My son is now a little more than a week old and has yet to be named. Anyone that knows me, knows that everything I do, no matter how small, has a reason. Today is the day to formally announce the name of the heir to the throne of Darkness. This child I hold in my hands will one day occupy Vatican City with St. Peter's Church in ruins as the first King of the Illuminatus.

One day, when the Catholic Church is nothing more than a bad memory, my child will ascend to the throne of the Church that will undoubtedly take its place. The Illuminatus will reign supreme while the smoldering rubble of the once great and powerful Catholic Church lies beneath his feet.

Mixed with my overwhelming joy of becoming a father, is undeniable pain. The loss of my Caitlyn has affected me more than I realized it would. It is without a doubt that hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. The entire time I held her captive here at the Compound, outwardly I said I'd be able to do it. Quite obviously, that wasn't the case. My father and Jacob both knew it. That's why they did what they did. They took me out of the equation and Asmodeus ended her once beautiful life.

Part of me will never forgive him for that. Another part of me realizes that was the only way.

So many thoughts are going through my mind as I wash my son in preparation for the ceremony. Down below, hundreds of my Brotherhood are gathering within the chapel. Up here in my private quarters, I have the time and the ability to grow closer with my yet unnamed child.

A knock at the door interrupts my thought process as I dress my young Prince. Carrying the so far, well behaved child in my arms, I open my door.

Jacob.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “What is it?”

THE MESSENGER: “Father Asmodeus is ready for you.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “He can wait. Come in. Sit down.”

As is typically the case, Jacob obeys my request.

THE MESSENGER: “Listen, I wanted to apologize to you personally. But, what I did was for the good of the Illuminatus. It was also for your own good, Sebastian.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I know that, Jake. I'm not mad at you.”

THE MESSENGER: “Then why did you want to talk?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I need an outlet.”

Looking confused, Jacob gives me an odd look along with an awkward silence.

THE MESSENGER: “I don't think I understand.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Look, I just lost the love of my life. I never thought I could love any woman. She changed that. Then, I just had to witness her demise and I'm having a hard time getting passed that.”

THE MESSENGER: “It's totally understandable, Sebastian. She was definitely a good woman.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “The fires of rage like I have never felt before are burning deep within me, and I need to let it out.”

THE MESSENGER: “What are you suggesting?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I need some marks.”

Key word. SOME. Not just one.

THE MESSENGER: “I'm not sure I fully understand what you're...”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Jake, I'm not good at beating around the bush. I like to say what I mean and mean what I say.”

THE MESSENGER: “Then tell me what it is you want.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “It's time to strike another blow against the Catholic Church, Jake. This time, I don't even care if they're pedophiles or not. Priests, nuns, Cardinals, Bishops. I don't care if it's the fucking Pope, himself! Get me some god damned marks!”

Jacob sits in an awkward silence. Unsure of what to say.

THE MESSENGER: “You realize how dangerous that is?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Have I ever cowered away from danger? Jake, everything we do is dangerous.”

THE MESSENGER: “I'm not about to find you anything until these loose ends with Caitlyn are tied up.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “What loose ends?”

THE MESSENGER: “Well, Tyler has not yet disposed of her remains yet. He's been working daylights and has not had the opportunity to do it yet.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “How long?”

THE MESSENGER: “Two days. Maximum.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I can wait two days, but no longer. By the 5th, I want to be airborne to our destination. Understood?”

THE MESSENGER: “Absolutely.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Good. While we await confirmation on Tyler's end, get Matthew on the case.”

THE MESSENGER: “Just so I'm clear, you said 'marks,' as in plural?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “You're god damned right I did. I didn't stutter.”

THE MESSENGER: “You realize that takes things from random killings to Serial killings?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I'd much rather prefer Mass killings. But, call it whatever you like.”

Jacob stands with great hesitation, before heading for the door.

THE MESSENGER: “What shall I tell Father Asmodeus?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I'll be down in a few minutes.”

Jacob leaves me to my duty of dressing this tiny little human. Once I'm done, I head downstairs with the child in my hands. As I reach the doors to the chapel, Jacob takes the boy from my hands. This will be the first time that the vast majority of my Brotherhood has laid their eyes upon the future King.

Jacob enters first and I follow behind him.

Hundreds of eyes look at the child as Jacob walks the aisle.

Asmodeus stands at the altar. Once Jacob reaches the altar, Asmodeus takes the child.

ASMODEUS: “Gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to introduce to all of you the Prince of the Illuminatus and the future King of the Illuminatus Church!”

I take my throne as Asmodeus lies the child in a bassinet.

ASMODEUS: “Our war with the Catholic Church, gentlemen, rages on. One day, when their Church lies in ruins, this child here will be installed as the very first King of the Illuminatus. The heart of the Catholic Church is Vatican City. That will be the heart of the Church of the Illuminatus.

“I just hope that I am here to see it.

“The very heartbeat and continuity of the Illuminatus lies within the young Prince.

“To that end, we shall call this youngster Thaddeus.

“For the name Thaddeus, means 'heart.' Which is exactly what he is and what he represents. Young Prince Thaddeus is indeed, the heart of the Illuminatus.

“You have all now met your future King. As he grows I implore you all to show him the same respect that you show me. The same respect that you show your King. Thaddeus has royal blood and regardless of whether he is an insolent child, or well-behaved, he is and always will be your superior.

“I now dismiss you all.”

The hundreds begin to file out. Jacob and Asmodeus hang around a little. Asmodeus sits in his throne. Jacob sits on a standard looking wooden chair. Both of them stare at me.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “WHAT!?”

ASMODEUS: “Sebastian, I realize you've had a tough time with certain things.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Oh, is it that obvious?”

Sarcasm usually pisses Asmodeus off and I kind of thing that was my intention.

ASMODEUS: “I will forgive your tone, but do not sit there and think that I'm immune to your thoughts and feelings. You're my son, first and foremost, and things that effect you, effect me.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Listen! You can save your niceties, Dad. I'm NOT in the mood.”

There are times when my father does things that are unexpected. He come across as unemotional. Detached, even. Cold, most certainly. Beneath all of that, lies a very caring man. I most certainly should not have doubted that.

My father jumps from his seat and stands with his face just inches from mine.

ASMODEUS: “No! YOU LISTEN! If you think for one damned minute that what I had to do wasn't hard for me, then you are severely wrong, son!”

Tears begin to well up in his eyes.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “You weren't forced to witness...”

ASMODEUS: “Like hell I haven't! After you were born, Sebastian! I had to do the same thing! I had to watch the love of MY life draw her final breaths! The only difference is unlike you, I had the courage and the wisdom to do it myself, no matter how hard it was!

“So, never sit there and tell me that I don't know what you're going through!

“You get your damn head together! You do whatever it is you feel you need to do to get passed this and move on! The Illuminatus will live on, with or without you, Sebastian!”

Asmodeus, with the aide of his cane, storms out of the chapel leaving Jacob and I to sit there in stunned silence.

THE MESSENGER: “I have Matthew on the case. He's identifying marks in different location throughout the world.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Good.”

THE MESSENGER: “You want me to talk to Father Asmodeus for you?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “No, no. Let it go.”

THE MESSENGER: “Are you sure? Because he was way out of line.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Maybe he was, but he was also right. Let him be.”

Suddenly, the two large wooden doors at the front of the chapel barge open. It's Matthew.

MATTHEW: “Your Highness! I found something for you!”

This is good news.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Who is it? Where?”

MATTHEW: “It's actually a large number of who's. Oh and it's in France.”

THE MESSENGER: “A large number of who's? How many?”

MATTHEW: “Well, its a Catholic Monastery outside of Paris. They are having some sort of meeting there in a few days. Hundreds are expected.”

THE MESSENGER: “Civilians?”

MATTHEW: “No. Those that live there, along with a collection of some of the more powerful Bishops and Cardinals. Priests as well.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Well...

“Something this big, it requires planning and flawless execution.”

THE MESSENGER: “I'm on it.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Well done, Matthew.”

MATTHEW: “Thank you, Your Highness.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Let's get started immediately, Jake. This will absolutely be my masterpiece.”

Fade to Darkness.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sebastian Duke's post:
Theo Pryce (01-03-2014)