Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-20-2024, 11:54 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies You Haven't Seen, but Want to
Miranda Tigris Offline
It all comes down to one thing: Power

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

12-30-2013, 01:33 PM

This thread is just what it sounds like, where you list off a bunch of movies that you haven't seen yet, but want to for one reason or another. I think this would be a pretty good springboard for discussion about films and whatnot, as well as a way for people to learn what others are into and whatnot.

Some films I want to see:

Johnny Got His Gun - I've heard people say it's driven them to tears, as well as the fact that Metallica was influenced to write "One" after watching the movie, as well as that they actually purchased the film licenses and whatnot really surprises me and makes me want to watch it even more.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned How to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - Apparently one of the darkest comedies ever, and contains one of the most parodied scenes in cinema.

Salo or the 120 Days of Sodom and A Serbian Film - Morbid curiosity, though I'd never watch either alone. Those are group movies, forreal.

Hobo With a Shotgun - That title alone is enough to get people like me interested.

V/H/S and The Cabin in the Woods - From what I've heard, both of these films kinda take a new spin on horror films, the former being a found footage/anthology film, and the latter breaking down into a clusterfuck (I have seen bits of it, which is why I want to see it full length).

Eraserhead, Gummo, and Tetsuo: The Iron Man - What the fuck worthy, apparently.

[Image: Tigris_zpsa877dd35.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
John Austin Away
Grizzled Young Vet

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

12-30-2013, 01:37 PM

(12-30-2013, 01:33 PM)Miranda Tigris Said: This thread is just what it sounds like, where you list off a bunch of movies that you haven't seen yet, but want to for one reason or another. I think this would be a pretty good springboard for discussion about films and whatnot, as well as a way for people to learn what others are into and whatnot.

Some films I want to see:

Johnny Got His Gun - I've heard people say it's driven them to tears, as well as the fact that Metallica was influenced to write "One" after watching the movie, as well as that they actually purchased the film licenses and whatnot really surprises me and makes me want to watch it even more.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned How to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - Apparently one of the darkest comedies ever, and contains one of the most parodied scenes in cinema.

Salo or the 120 Days of Sodom and A Serbian Film - Morbid curiosity, though I'd never watch either alone. Those are group movies, forreal.

Hobo With a Shotgun - That title alone is enough to get people like me interested.

V/H/S and The Cabin in the Woods - From what I've heard, both of these films kinda take a new spin on horror films, the former being a found footage/anthology film, and the latter breaking down into a clusterfuck (I have seen bits of it, which is why I want to see it full length).

Eraserhead, Gummo, and Tetsuo: The Iron Man - What the fuck worthy, apparently.

Seen Hobo and once owned a copy of Salo on dvd.

Hobo is great, think Machete in terms of violence

Salo, *sighs* what can be said that already has not been said about that movie. Not going into direct details, if a movie can scar you mentally, then that did it for me haha. Just one of those I don't recommend to anyone at all. I can see why it gained the controversy that it did.

To find John, turn those lights out because he will then appear...
XWF LEGEND and the only man who punked out Duke TWICE
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-30-2013, 01:57 PM

VHS is pretty good as long as you go in with low expectations.

I'm really looking forward to the new Lego movie, Noah, and Interstellar.

Interstellar: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816692/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_2
Hate Post Like Post
John Austin Away
Grizzled Young Vet

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

12-30-2013, 02:00 PM

My List ---->>>

Machete Kills: Fan of the first one and will be seeing it here soon enough

The Despicable Me Series: Those little minions are awesome Big Grin

Ticks: Recently watched the cult classic Slugs and was informed that this is worse than Slugs. Gotta love those b-rated horror movies

Blood Sucking Freaks: Just because of the notoriety this movie gets and the cult following it has

There are a few others but this is currently at the top of my list of movies I want to see

To find John, turn those lights out because he will then appear...
XWF LEGEND and the only man who punked out Duke TWICE
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

12-30-2013, 02:05 PM

Let's see...

All the Bond flicks pre Pierce Brosnan. I actually got the 50th anniversary DVD set for X-Mas from the wife so I have no excuse now other than having other things to do.

Other than that, I am sure there is stuff that I want to see but nothing is coming to me off the top of my head. I see a crap ton of movies, about to sit down and watch American Hustle so there isn't a whole lot that I miss out on.

I will say that I'm not a big fan of horror flicks, they just don't do it for me. It's not that they scare me, though I am sure there are some out there that would, I just don't find those types of movies to be entertaining.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Dr. Zero Offline
Fearsome Feathered Foe Most Foul

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-30-2013, 02:09 PM

Hobo With A Shotgun and Cabin in the Woods are easily in my top 5.

Mine would be Blow because I'm a huge Brad Pitt fan and I've heard he's awesome in that one. Brazil would be on my list, as I've heard it's extremely fucked and in a way I would appreciate. The third would be Suspiria for similar reasons.

[Image: 7uXcTyU.jpg]
Co-Winner of the Lethal Lottery Tournament with Egyptian Snow Pharaoh
1x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
December 2013 Star of the Month
5-0-1
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-30-2013, 02:12 PM

I don't think Brad is in Blow, unless there are two different Blows.
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

12-30-2013, 02:15 PM

What John said. Blow is a fantastic movie but it stars Johnny Depp.

Hate Post Like Post
Dr. Zero Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-30-2013, 02:17 PM

Fuck me, I meant Snatch. I mean, Blow looks good too. But Snatch.

5-0-1
Hate Post Like Post
Dr. Zero Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-30-2013, 02:24 PM

Also, have you guys seen the trailer for Kung Fury? Holy shit, does it look amazing.

5-0-1
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

12-30-2013, 03:33 PM

Snatch is a good flick. Maybe you should go Blow some Snatch?

Wow, that was so lame, but I'm leaving it there.

Hate Post Like Post
Mr. Radio Offline
Best in the Multiverse!

XWF FanBase:

12-30-2013, 03:48 PM

Hobo with a shotgun is actually a good movie, suprisingly.

I haven't seen Inglorious Bastards and kinda want to.

Besides that I've seen every movie I wanted to see. My brother owns 200+ movies so...

[Image: tumblr_mo8afmAXfD1rregw1o1_500.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
ZakMisery Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

12-30-2013, 07:25 PM

The Wolverine: Hugh Jackman is the shit.

The Book Thief: My mom has the book and it's really good.

Last Vegas: Morgan Freeman. That is all.

City Of Bones: Have the book and I wanna see how it pairs up.

R.E.D.: Saw RED two...didn't really like it but maybe because I feel like I was missing something

Saving Mr. Banks: It's about what Walt Disney had to go through in order to get the rights to make Mary Poppins into a movie.

Mr. Peabody: It's an animated film about a talking dog that can cross through time. Who wouldn't want to see it?

And there's a new X-men movie coming out next year that I want to see but I can't remember the name.

[Image: 218207.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
LJ Havok Offline
The Chose One

XWF FanBase:

12-30-2013, 08:29 PM

I try to stay current with movies I'm interested in but I wanna see

anchorman 2

xmen days of future's past

...and as of right now that's it..I'm a comedy guy mostly.

there are three movies everyone should see that look crappy but aren't.

hit and run

the internship ...yeah that surprised me too

under the bed.. I believe its older

[Image: Lssnyr5.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
Mr. Radio Offline
Best in the Multiverse!

XWF FanBase:

12-30-2013, 08:39 PM

The New X-Men movie comes out on my Birthday!

[Image: tumblr_mo8afmAXfD1rregw1o1_500.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr. Radio's post:
ZakMisery (12-30-2013)
Frodo mother fucking Smackins Offline
Big Dick Playa

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

12-31-2013, 08:24 AM

I wanna see new Hunger Games, Wolverine, RED 2, Anchorman 2, and City of Bones. That's just so far.

[Image: ZXX7HJw.png?1]

Hate Post Like Post
LJ Havok Offline
The Chose One

XWF FanBase:

12-31-2013, 08:40 AM

(12-31-2013, 08:24 AM)Frodo Smackins Said: I wanna see new Hunger Games, Wolverine, RED 2, Anchorman 2, and City of Bones. That's just so far.

Wolverine is badass dude

[Image: Lssnyr5.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-31-2013, 08:53 AM

(12-30-2013, 01:33 PM)Miranda Tigris Said: Some films I want to see:

Great film, sellars is brilliant in three roles. Mandrake still makes me laugh.

(12-30-2013, 01:33 PM)Miranda Tigris Said: Salo or the 120 Days of Sodom and A Serbian Film - Morbid curiosity, though I'd never watch either alone. Those are group movies, forreal.

Salo is ok, it's basically any other Italian exploitation film, with added feces.

Serbian Film is 'slaughtered vomit dolls' level, in that it's just sex and Gore with vague attention to story...first time I saw it I loved it, second I was apathetic. The baby scene is the only reason its infamous.

(12-30-2013, 01:33 PM)Miranda Tigris Said: V/H/S and The Cabin in the Woods - From what I've heard, both of these films kinda take a new spin on horror films, the former being a found footage/anthology film, and the latter breaking down into a clusterfuck (I have seen bits of it, which is why I want to see it full length).

I love VHS, and its rare modern horrors keep me interested. The sequel wasn't brilliant though. Cabin is one I didn't enjoy much.

(12-30-2013, 01:33 PM)Miranda Tigris Said: Eraserhead, Gummo, and Tetsuo: The Iron Man - What the fuck worthy, apparently.

Eraserhead is brilliant, an atmospheric masterpiece, though a lot of people don't like it, it's David Lynch after all.

Gummo I found boring. Tetsuo is on my to watch list.

Im hard to please with horror and such, but I've seen most. I'd highly recommend Martyrs and Possession (1980s one with Sam Neill) if anyone hasn't seen them. Also Hard Candy, and if you don't mind subs 13 Game of Death is good.

Right now I'm looking forward to the new Godzilla and Robocop, but otherwise not much.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Neonero's post:
Dr. Zero (12-31-2013), Miranda Tigris (12-31-2013)