Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-15-2024, 12:51 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea of some sort
Ezekiel Carter-Williams V Offline
Fuck Bitches, Get Money

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

12-28-2013, 02:07 PM Smile  Idea of some sort -->

I was just wondering if it was a way to do some type of contender ranking to show someone how close they are to be a contender for a title. Just a thought.

[Image: ecwv.png]

XWF Record
5-4-1

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Ezekiel Carter-Williams V's post:
AlexandraCallaway (12-28-2013), Peter Fn Gilmour (12-28-2013), Theo Pryce (12-28-2013)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

12-28-2013, 02:32 PM

I was just thinking the exact same thing last night.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Ezekiel Carter-Williams V Offline
Fuck Bitches, Get Money

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

12-28-2013, 02:39 PM

You were thinking of Shane sticking potatoes in Crimson Dong's butt too? Weird.

[Image: ecwv.png]

XWF Record
5-4-1

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ezekiel Carter-Williams V's post:
(12-28-2013)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

12-28-2013, 02:51 PM

It is the vision of my wet dreams.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
Hank Lane (12-28-2013)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-28-2013, 03:22 PM

Madness should do something like this since they already have a system in place that tracks wins and moves people up and down a ladder.

When I ran Warfare, I would try to handle contenders like this:

week 1 - xtreme title contenders match, us title contenders match, xtreme title defense, us champ had night off

week 2 - x-treme title match w/ #1 contender, us title match w/ #1 contender

week 3 - x-treme champ had night off, us champion had night off, usually tried to determine a new contender for both titles on the same night

week 4 - title matches

It came out so the X-Treme Champion defended 3 times per month, and the US Champion defended twice.
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

12-28-2013, 03:58 PM

Bad idea

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

12-28-2013, 03:59 PM

(12-28-2013, 03:58 PM)Peter Fn Gilmour Said: Bad idea

Care to elaborate on that well thought out statement?

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
Ezekiel Carter-Williams V (12-28-2013), Hank Lane (12-28-2013), Scott Charlotte (12-28-2013), Smoke (12-28-2013)
Hank Lane Offline
Come get some

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

12-28-2013, 09:14 PM

I think it is a great ideal for a couple of reasons.
1) It will give everyone an idea on where they stand.
2) The roleplays would improve even more when people are fighting for something.

[Image: HankLane_zps6a37bd3e.png]

Record since return
6-3
Hate Post Like Post
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

12-28-2013, 09:30 PM

Right now, everybody is fighting for something. You know that Nuclear Winter Series thing stickied on the OOC board? When it concludes, it will culminate with a Rumble. That winner earns a shot at the King.

Also, I no longer keep track of wins and losses on Madness. The job I have allows for a much more limited amount of fed time so I converted that Madness site into a title history page.

A rankings system would be somewhat hard to accomplish in a fed environment. For instance, say a top quality writer has 4 matches in one month, all against other top quality writers and only wins two of them. Does that mean he or she should be ranked lower than a guy or girl that had the same amount of matches, won them all, but faced writers of a lesser quality? If you look at it that way, you can see why I'd disagree with that kind of ranking system.
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

12-28-2013, 10:12 PM

(12-28-2013, 03:59 PM)Theo Pryce Said:

im all for having a contenders list but what maddy put up i did not like that much.. just saying..

id rather have the list and have the champs fight the guys from say #5 up in succession. was thinking of what TNA used to do but forgot..

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Peter Fn Gilmour's post:
Theo Pryce (12-29-2013)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-28-2013, 11:47 PM

I was just listing what worked for me when I ran Warfare. I never had any complaints for 8 months so I figured I was doing something right with that setup. GMs are free to run their shows however they wish.

I do agree with Duke that the ranking thing can be a pain in the ass to keep up with. I tried it for about a month and lost track.
Hate Post Like Post
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-29-2013, 01:59 AM

(12-28-2013, 10:12 PM)Peter Fn Gilmour Said:
(12-28-2013, 03:59 PM)Theo Pryce Said:

im all for having a contenders list but what maddy put up i did not like that much.. just saying..

id rather have the list and have the champs fight the guys from say #5 up in succession. was thinking of what TNA used to do but forgot..

It's funny you mention that as there used to be an official TNA fed in like 04-05 and the rules there were similar. But what they did was give people marks, as I recall out of 5 with .25 increments, and then they'd have a weekly kind of 'league' showing who was weekly the best, and on average the best.

This way people are ranked not on win/loss, but on their writing. Im sure I expounded on this in more detail last year when people turned on Tax' s win/loss ranking system on the old board (for reasons similar to what Duke wrote). But, basically, this system would be impossible here. Even if a GM tasked themselves with ranking and collating rankings, there are so many instances of multiple judges, with their own criteria and preferences that it just wouldn't work getting consistent 'official' rankings the old tna way. And you can't really have 'independent' weekly ranking judges, imagine the hassle if the 'official judges' ruled differently to the results? Too much potential drama.
Hate Post Like Post
Steve "KingSlayer" Davids Offline
Steve Davids

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

12-29-2013, 04:13 AM

Sorry to be "that guy" but this is a bad idea. Since joining XWF, people have always been encouraged to put themselves out there, be active etc. Not everything can simply be put down to just wins and losses. Plus as Duke and Madison said, it would be a pain in the ass to keep up with.

[Image: Gtfmgih.jpg]

3x Xtreme Champion
1x Briefcase Holder
1x Television Champion
1x Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post