Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-23-2024, 05:24 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site Errors?
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-23-2013, 11:40 AM

Anyone seeing any site errors in the last hour or so please PM me with the info. Copy and paste the error message to me if possible.

I'm hearing reports of some people having issues but the site has been working fine for me.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Egyptian Snow Pharaoh Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-23-2013, 11:57 AM

Something about MySQL not being able to connect to a socket. Happened to me twice but as of right now it's fine again. I'm in the middle of finalizing a post too and had to rewrite a small chunk so I hope this doesn't count against us for the match if it's a few mins after 12pm. RP will be up in a few minutes for Madness.

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-23-2013, 12:02 PM

I suppose it will be up to Smoke Man but normally a few minutes after deadline isn't a problem anyway, even when the site's working fine. I say go ahead.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Egyptian Snow Pharaoh (12-23-2013)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-23-2013, 12:22 PM

This can happen on any site. Many years ago I trained myself to always select all and copy (a quick ctrl+L and then ctrl+C) before I submit anything. I think it was MySpace that originally trained me so well. Ah, the days of myspace actually being fun. Fond memories.

But yeah, if you preview things on the boards it never hurts to just highlight and copy all your text before clicking, JUST in case there's an unexpected error.

I am being told by the "monkeys" that this was just some temporary hiccup involving the database and they are still working on making sure it's out of the system... so there's still some chance for bugs for a little while longer I guess.

Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-23-2013, 02:13 PM

Yeah, I thought we were all done for the week once we hit the deadline so I didn't have a chance to see the manager promo that was posted after the deadline until an hour later. So I ended up doing a quick response-only RP that's two hours over. No story, just some quick trash talk.

I figured a modification of the "anti-sandbag" rule would come into play here since this is a unique situation with my response RP being to an RP that was posted after the deadline.
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-23-2013, 02:23 PM

Another thing that will be up to Pot Man. There's not a specific rule that says what happens in a sandbag/managerial role situation so it's his call what gets counted and at what weight.

Hate Post Like Post