Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-17-2024, 05:40 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
A Whole New Road - Part 4 - "Day Trip"
Smoke Away
://location_unknown---

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

12-18-2013, 04:10 PM

Sitting on the bed, Smoke unwraps the 'band-aid' he had recovered from the first-aid box in the bathroom. He carefully takes the soft side, and sticks the plaster over his cut below his lip, having to curl the band-aid over his lip and into his mouth in order to get the entire cut protected. He makes sure the bandage is securely on, tapping it and lightly pressing it to see whether it budges which, thankfully, it doesn't.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Smoke crumples the band-aid's wrapper and throws it across the room, narrowly missing the bin of which he was aiming. He closes the first-aid box, but decides he is much too lazy to go into the bathroom and put it away, so instead he lies back on the bed, hands behind head, looking up in the ceiling as he goes over his thoughts.

First order of business is, obviously, the 'rebellion'. Or 'crusade', 'revolution', whatever people are calling it, which turns out to not really be much of anything in the first place. Well, other than the initial stir he had caused, which had caused a few other individuals to rise, whether or not they were already intent on doing so anyway without Smoke to begin with.

But perhaps it's more of a waiting game. In a week's time, Smoke will be facing John Austin and either Mystica, LJ, or Elisha for the US Title. Maybe things will pick up there, and hopefully there if anywhere at all. This upcoming 6-man tag match probably should not be underestimated either, though. First impressions can mean a lot, and even though Smoke is automatically in next Thursday's match, it's definitely important to make enough of a statement that he can content with, or even beat, John Austin. All in all, AJ and Morrison aren't very important in that regard either, and neither is Gavin or Steve Davids, really. Other than the two of them have a little bit of a gripe with Smoke to begin with.

Things just get more fun as they go along, huh?

He said to the ceiling.

With a sigh, he circles his body around and throws his head back down onto the pillow with a fwump. Now looking at the bedside table, Smoke sees the closed first-aid box and beside it is a set of car keys, complete with a Lamborghini logo on. The wheels turn in Smoke's head... but not for long, as he is up on his feet, putting the car keys in his jeans pocket and walking out of the door, locking it shut.

At the desk, the woman that Smoke had previously encountered was just packing away, swapping over her shift with a co-worker. During this, she sees Smoke coming across the floor, and giggles to herself again as she remembers their last encounter.

How did that 'plaster' search go for you?

Instead of answering her, Smoke chose instead to just show her his lip.

Ooh, well done.

Smoke laughs at her sarcasm.

I don't need you patronising me.

Well ain't that a shame, I just did.

Smoke shakes his head and goes to leave through the big double doors.

Where you off to?

Freezing himself as the door swings open, Smoke looks at her over his shoulder.

Why? Does the hotel want to know or something?

The woman grabs her handbag and walks over to Smoke.

Not the hotel, silly. Me. I'm off of work now, if you hadn't noticed.

...Do you ask where every guy is going after they come down looking for a plaster, or is it just me?

She looks at him with raised eyebrows.

Sorry, 'band-aid'.

She smiles and goes through the door, waiting on the other side for Smoke to come through, smirking at him through the glass door.

What're you waiting for?

Smoke can't help but smile, only now realising she was flirting with him. He too walks through the door.

I'm waiting for you to tell me your name.

She guts out a laugh.

Beth.

Her warm breath mists in the brittle weather, disappearing in the air, similar to how Smoke's does when he chuckles back.

Right, I'm Daniel.

No point in giving her his ring name. Why would you?

Alright then, Daniel, where are we going?

Daniel turns and starts to walk in one direction down the moderately busy street.

Just a couple blocks from here.

Beth looks around, shaking as she pulls her furry coat on over her shoulders, lagging behind a little bit, but jogging to keep up with Daniel.

The air is unmistakably muggy, stuffy with the early morning traffic that is chugging along elsewhere in the city, which is evident by the smell of fumes and the blaring of car horns, as if in doing so the traffic lights will go faster. Frost can be found dotted around the place, on the curb, on the pavement, pretty much everywhere, showing nature's own indicator of just how cold it really is.

The sky is a sleety white, threatening to cover the land in the crystal white dandruff we've come to call snow, which would really emphasise the Christmas spirit, which is already present thanks to an array of decorations down this, and many of the other streets in San Diego, with the hotel behind both Daniel and Beth giving that extra Christmas cheer... perhaps a little too much Christmas cheer.

Looking up at the sky and decorations, but still keeping up with Daniel's quickening pace in the cold environment, Beth speaks in a somewhat sense of awe.

Christmas is only about a week away now, isn't it?

Yeah, I think so.

Not long now. In fact this month as a whole as really seemed to have gone by quickly, don't you think?

While he is listening, Daniel isn't really in the mood for a conversation, so he keeps his responses minimal... but not in a rude manner.

Yeah, I suppose so.

I remember when I was younger, it seemed that December would take forever to go by. I would wake up early every morning just to open each door in my advent calendar and just swallow those little chocolate pieces inside, hoping time would go past just a little quicker so I can get to Christmas itself. Although mind you, I actually have an advent calender at home.

Do you?

Can't say I do, no. I get what you mean, though, I was always the same way when I was younger. Just hadn't been able to get an advent calender this year.

Beth sighs.

Well that's a shame. You're missing out.

I guess I am.

They walk for a little bit longer in silence... not too much longer though.

Mind you, it was always about the presents. Call me a spoiled kid but, and I'm pretty sure that most kids would agree, the presents are where it's at. Sure, the Christmas meal is nice and all, but it's not the main attraction, you know?

Yeah, I hear ya.

It's only now that Daniel realises how much of a talker Beth is. Not that it matters much, though. He enjoys the company, and is glad someone would want to spend time with him... even if it's just her talking about herself and her relationship with Christmas.

The two of them round a corner, and Daniel finds himself on the street which holds his destination. He slows up a little to speak to Beth, but lets her finish her point, at least.

Really, I suppose I still am that way, actually. I mean, wanting presents. Although I do spend time with my family every year now, so I'm glad I get to see them.

Daniel turns to Beth.

Great. Hey, listen, can I ask you something?

Beth shrugs.

Sure, I guess.

Can you drive at all?

She looks at him, unsure.

...Yeah... why?

Daniel begins to walk again, keeping the slow pace.

I just want you to do something for me real quick.

She shrugs again and begins to follow.

Tell me what it is first, that might help.

Daniel chuckles.

Well, I have this car that I want to move into the hotel's garage, parking lot, whatever... and I can't drive it.

Why not?

...Because I can't drive.

Oh, right, and you want me to drive it, right?

Right.

She smiles.

Can do. I thought you were walking out for a coffee or something, and I was hoping to tag along.

For the free coffee, right?

...Right. Yeah, that's why.

Daniel laughs, and she laughs too.

Let's just get this car away... then we can talk about getting coffee.

Beth winks.

Or tea, if you prefer?

Smoke shakes his head and laughs.

Don't push it.

[Image: logosmoke_zpsfca57577.png]

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
4x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Smoke's post:
Andrew Morrison (12-19-2013), Hank Lane (12-19-2013)