Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-13-2024, 10:36 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick update (rules, IC, OOC, etc.)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-13-2013, 05:55 PM

Hey guys.

So we had a couple of issues pop off earlier today, unfortunately.

Our goal is to have fun here and also have a fair playing field. Let's remember that.

I just wanna clear a few things up. If you have any questions, ask away.

"Loser leaves fed" matches are not acceptable in the XWF as far as I know. UNLESS they are part of a storyline. In my opinion, you're mixing IC with OOC if you're holding a match where if someone loses then they have to leave the boards in real life. I know a lot of feds out there hold these types of matches, but I see no reason for us to have them in the XWF. If you guys have issues with each other to the point where you can't stand to be around each other, then please take it up with management so we can work something out. It's not impossible to coexist with someone you don't like, it just takes a little bit of communication and respect.

IC - Just to confirm, these subforums are the ones that are IN CHARACTER, meaning that everything you say is IC-first. Yes, you can make OOC notes on the side but they should not be the forefront of your message. IC areas:

ALL Roleplay boards.
All Roster sections.
News board.
Looking for fight board.
24/7 Xtreme Championship
24/7 UFO Championship
24/7 Live Action
Results!

Keep in mind that anyone can be targeted in those boards and that nothing is off limits except for 1. Handling someones character without permission and 2. Useless OOC talk. If you can't handle someone trash talking you, all you have to do is avoid this section. Then again, cutting promos on each other is part of the game so I'm not sure what you'd expect. We all have our high points and we all get cut down from time to time. Don't take it to heart. Believe it or not, I've taken my fair share of beat downs in this area. All you can do is lick your wounds and try to come back strong the next day.

OOC - This needs to remain in all other parts of the forum and should be used sparingly in IC sections (usually just for clarification or scheduling issues). Do not talk in-character in the OOC section or we will make fun of you.

Private Messages - This one is a bit harder to understand because we want to encourage people to work with each other and to also keep things interesting with swerves, surprises and whatnot. That's one of my favorite aspects of the game is that you're never too sure as to what you're gonna get if you go one direction or another. Keep in mind though that this is an OOC section and that anything discussed in private messages should not be brought into IC sections. An example of this would be:

PM from Person A to Person B: hey bro, im thinking about riding a dragon into the arena next show.

RP from Person B: hey guys, Person A was talking to me about how he plans on riding a dragon at our next show!

Avoid doing that!

Hopefully that clears a few things up. We've actually been doing really well with this kind of stuff. Also, if you guys run into issues with the fed or the game, try to keep a level head about it. We have a lot of reasonable folks on our mod team who are willing to help you through any situation that arises.

Remember, there's around twenty or so different personalities interacting here at a given time. We WILL run into problems and disagree with each other from time to time. Hell, I told Duke about an hour ago how ridiculous those Winter Madness names sound. I trust Duke though and he knows I'm just giving him shit.

So play nice and try not to kill each other, please.

Thanks!
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 11 users Like John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
(12-13-2013), Andrew Morrison (12-13-2013), Jessie-ica Diaz (12-13-2013), John_Black (12-13-2013), LJ Havok (12-13-2013), Minxs (12-13-2013), Mr. Radio (12-13-2013), Peter Fn Gilmour (12-13-2013), Sid Feder (12-13-2013), Theo Pryce (12-13-2013), Wallace Witasick (12-13-2013)
Sid Feder Offline
Saving myself for you

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-13-2013, 06:08 PM

I think it's also important to clearly highlight that sabotages set up by PM should not be happening. You do not sit there planning out a stable with a person, discussing future member's names, secret plans, etc, and getting all of the private info and then pull a swerve the same or following week. Sure, once that stable gets off the ground and has taken IC flight, swerve away! Stab a mother fucker in his back and twist that blade! Just don't tell him that week via PM that you plan on enacting one plan, and then do another. Don't have your swerve be accompanied by a PM set up.

If you are going to pull a swerve on somebody, you do it IC. Avoid making plans and exchanging vital info via PM if you think it might be fun to swerve the guy you are getting the info out of; or at least wait until the actual plans you guys discussed can play out AND THEN swerve them. That's fun! Meaning if you know the next month or so of plans of the stable and some of its secret info, now you have to wait until all of that has played out IC before you swerve.

So, the multiple people who were apparently attempting this will hopefully stop. Not just the one guy I named publicly.

*drops bitch* What happened--? ? *walks away*

SiD    Fede
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Sid Feder's post:
(12-13-2013), Andrew Morrison (12-13-2013), Peter Fn Gilmour (12-13-2013), Theo Pryce (12-13-2013)
Wallace Witasick Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-13-2013, 06:13 PM

Everyone is going to lose and take a harsh assault on their characters verbally and in the results at some point.

The good players in the e-fed game are good at finding ways to twist this result in a way that is beneficial to their RP's in the future. (Mark Flynn was a fucking BEAST when it came to this.)

Just like the WWE, even John Cena gets his ass kicked (sometimes) and he definitely has been humiliated plenty.

But isn't that what makes this fed more fun and enjoyable than others? What fun would it be if their was one person who could dominate every match and never lose and always got the best of people... Even that dominating person would get bored you would think... That's why a competitive atmosphere like the XWF (Where it's possible for anyone to win a match with the way the rules and rp guidelines are set up) is always a better place to play. With the talent that exists in the writers here at the XWF it's NOT uncommon for someone to have a good week and win a match where as the other person could win the next go round with a good week of their own.

So just take the IC insults as a grain of salt or learn how to develop a sense of humor for YOUR OWN character and enjoy the jokes and/or insults. Because remember, it's just a game after all, games are supposed to be fun.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Wallace Witasick's post:
(12-13-2013), Andrew Morrison (12-13-2013), Theo Pryce (12-13-2013)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-13-2013, 06:22 PM

Well said everyone. We all have our own ways of relaying our thoughts and I DO BELIEVE WE ALL WANT THE MOST FUN ENVIRONMENT WE CAN HAVE... some of us craft our words a little more carefully than others... but I think at the end of the day we all want the same thing, and we're all like one big crackheaded family.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
(12-13-2013), Andrew Morrison (12-13-2013), Peter Fn Gilmour (12-13-2013), Smoke (12-14-2013), Theo Pryce (12-13-2013), Wallace Witasick (12-13-2013)
Tony Santos Offline
Santos Glares at You

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-13-2013, 06:29 PM

Jesus, I made up fake "internal" conversations for an IC promo and I'm still getting shit for apparently taking confidential information that was OOC and making it IC. That's bull, as I mentioned previously, and a waste of time to be griping over. The internal plans weren't much of anything and I made an IC promo that referenced fake convos just as vaguely (not mentioning names or actually anything specific). This is absolutely ridiculous that this is apparently an abuse that I created. My one abuse, if I'm confused or not, might've been the Four Horsemen reference, and if so, my bad.

If I'd taken OOC comments and quoted, or even referenced them, then I'd understand. This is insane though. And yes, I'm referencing Sid's OOC posts from today (including in this thread). I've always been good at detaching myself from reality here, and this is no different.

September 2013 and May 2019 Star of the Month
1x Hart Champion
1x Television Champion
1x Xtreme Champion

[Image: VIh61T5.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-13-2013, 06:34 PM

(12-13-2013, 06:08 PM)3xB+Hx2=4HK Sid Feder Said: I think it's also important to clearly highlight that sabotages set up by PM should not be happening. You do not sit there planning out a stable with a person, discussing future member's names, secret plans, etc, and getting all of the private info and then pull a swerve the same or following week. Sure, once that stable gets off the ground and has taken IC flight, swerve away! Stab a mother fucker in his back and twist that blade! Just don't tell him that week via PM that you plan on enacting one plan, and then do another. Don't have your swerve be accompanied by a PM set up.

If you are going to pull a swerve on somebody, you do it IC. Avoid making plans and exchanging vital info via PM if you think it might be fun to swerve the guy you are getting the info out of; or at least wait until the actual plans you guys discussed can play out AND THEN swerve them. That's fun! Meaning if you know the next month or so of plans of the stable and some of its secret info, now you have to wait until all of that has played out IC before you swerve.

So, the multiple people who were apparently attempting this will hopefully stop. Not just the one guy I named publicly.

I agree. If someone begins to reveal a lot of details about their plans and you know you have you're own agenda, then it might be time to back off and wait until the person reveals some of those details IN CHARACTER. Otherwise, you're spoiling someone's storyline before they even get a chance to play it out. Basically, if you leave out storyline details that were discussed in PMs out of your role plays then you should be fine. Give that person a chance to reveal the story on his/her own.
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-13-2013, 06:36 PM

Also, my above post is not directed at anyone in particular. This is just something we all need to be aware of, including myself. Honestly, I hadn't even thought of this being an issue until now. Let's just squash the issue now so it doesn't get out of hand.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
Wallace Witasick (12-13-2013)
Wallace Witasick Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-13-2013, 07:28 PM

(12-13-2013, 07:24 PM)Michael McBride Said: I would rather say and Potheaded Family xD

Potatohead family?
Hate Post Like Post
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-13-2013, 07:43 PM

John... I... I'm so hurt that you hated those names... I'm gonna go stay in my own corner now...
Hate Post Like Post
Sid Feder Offline
Saving myself for you

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-13-2013, 08:52 PM

(12-13-2013, 06:29 PM)Tony Santos Said: Jesus, I made up fake "internal" conversations for an IC promo and I'm still getting shit for apparently taking confidential information that was OOC and making it IC. That's bull, as I mentioned previously, and a waste of time to be griping over. The internal plans weren't much of anything and I made an IC promo that referenced fake convos just as vaguely (not mentioning names or actually anything specific). This is absolutely ridiculous that this is apparently an abuse that I created. My one abuse, if I'm confused or not, might've been the Four Horsemen reference, and if so, my bad.

If I'd taken OOC comments and quoted, or even referenced them, then I'd understand. This is insane though. And yes, I'm referencing Sid's OOC posts from today (including in this thread). I've always been good at detaching myself from reality here, and this is no different.

Please stop making this about you. I already stated that you were only an early example of the issue I was pointing out and that I had already let it slide when you pulled it on me. And yes, you pulled some BS on me and I still looked the other way. Remember? Remember how I didn't make any posts about anything like this when you spent a week gathering OOC plans, no-showing your match, but still typing up a news post that was longer than most RPs? All in an effort to fuck me over? Remember how your supposed reasoning was to avoid Gilmour? But do you remember that we discussed so many names and possibilities privately that there's no fucking way possible Gilmour would have fit in? Remember how I had a vision of forming a group with nobody that could be accused of being the weak link?

As much as I love Gilmour and have somehow never had a problem with him for years, I still wasn't going to have him be a part of this group and that was obvious. So basically you spent a week ignoring your RP duties and lying to me, and never once did you bring up Gilmour to me. Why didn't you ask me about Gilmour? I'll answer that -- Because of how obvious it was by our discussion that he wasn't an option this time around. Remember all that? Remember how I wanted to play out an IC angle and did not ask to receive a PM in the first place? Remember how I went out of my way to make the angle fit in storyline, and allow for Tony to give me his answer live on a show? Remember how YOU are the one who sent me the first PM instead of just playing it out on screen for all to see? Remember how you are the one who stopped answering the messages for no reason at all, and then did the exact opposite of what you and I had already planned out?

And I let it slide. All of it. I rolled with it ALL. That's why when this all happened a week ago, there was no complaint from me.

The problem now is that others are apparently attempting to follow in your footsteps. My thoughts on that? Oh, fuck no. I don't think so. My efforts today were to squash this before it becomes the norm. Everyone here likes you, and people think it's hard to get over on me, so now they've started trying to emulate what you did and I've cut them off at the pass.

But yeah, it's somehow all about you, Tony. That's why I posted today. Because of what you did a week ago. *rolls eyes*

SiD    Fede
Hate Post Like Post
Tony Santos Offline
Santos Glares at You

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-13-2013, 09:00 PM

Alright, Sid. I'm done with this shit. I said my piece OOC and IC. Don't care anymore. Keep it up.

1x Hart Champion
1x Television Champion
1x Xtreme Champion

Hate Post Like Post
Sid Feder Offline
Saving myself for you

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-13-2013, 09:28 PM

What's that? You're sorry you willingly, knowingly and aggressively played a roll in what escalated into this mound of trash today, a week after the fact? That's very big of you, Tony, but it's not about you.

SiD    Fede
Hate Post Like Post
Tony Santos Offline
Santos Glares at You

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-13-2013, 09:45 PM

(12-13-2013, 09:28 PM)3xB+Hx2=4HK Sid Feder Said: What's that? You're sorry you willingly, knowingly and aggressively played a roll in what escalated into this mound of trash today, a week after the fact? That's very big of you, Tony, but it's not about you.

None of that, actually. Fun talking to you. I enjoy this shit. The shit you take personally, and apparently the shit you personally like to escalate. It's been awesome taking a nostalgia trip to high school. This makes me love this place. Fucking stupid spectacles like this. Thank you.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tony Santos's post:
Sid Feder (12-13-2013)
Sid Feder Offline
Saving myself for you

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-13-2013, 09:49 PM

Yeah no kidding none of that. It's just better seeing you confirm it in front of everyone. Of course you're not sorry for what you pulled. You make me want to cry, Tony. Pass me a tissue from your bra?

SiD    Fede
Hate Post Like Post
Tony Santos Offline
Santos Glares at You

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-13-2013, 09:53 PM

(12-13-2013, 09:49 PM)3xB+Hx2=4HK Sid Feder Said: Yeah no kidding none of that. It's just better seeing you confirm it in front of everyone. Of course you're not sorry for what you pulled. You make me want to cry, Tony. Pass me a tissue from your bra?

You're full of shit. Fun times. Thanks for taking efed shit way too seriously, Feder. I'm done.

1x Hart Champion
1x Television Champion
1x Xtreme Champion

Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-13-2013, 09:57 PM

We're above acting like this, guys. There's no need to go back and forth since we addressed the issue already. People made mistakes. We learn, we move forward.

Take it to PMs.

Also, no one is being punished or viewed differently by management. We see this all as a misunderstanding and aren't taking anyone's side on the matter. We're more about killing the issue and restoring order. But if you guys need your space, we have three separate shows and a large enough roster to accommodate that.
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-13-2013, 10:26 PM

Sid and Tony need a week off. I am looking at the clock and seeing that this has consumed an entire day and both of you share blame in the fact that it's still happening. If either party makes one peep about these issues upon returning, it's a permanent ban.

Don't pull OOC crap in my fed, please. Don't start threads talking OOC crap to people in my fed either. Congrats on making the most laid back owner pull the plug on both of you. The fact that the two of you PMing weeks ago or whenever it was has somehow turned into this load of garbage is not something I will put up with.

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-13-2013, 10:37 PM

Since this thread did serve a legit purpose before it was blown up, I am unlocking it. If people have serious concerns or questions about any of the rules, I'd like them to be able to ask in front of everybody so everyone can see the responses.

Hate Post Like Post
Shocker Offline
Your Favorite A**hole

XWF FanBase:
Classic Heel

(usually booed; often plays dirty)

12-14-2013, 08:03 AM

Wouldn't this qualify for a bitch session?? Then again it seems like everyone needs to be constantly reminded this is still JUST A GAME. I get there are many people that get overly invested, and that's fine. It just becomes a problem because every time something negative goes down, it turns into a huge issue and blown SO far out of proportion. Remember the rep issue?? I know this is slightly different from th addressed issue, but it still valid for the overall situation. Besides, tis the season mother fuckers!!!

[Image: banner2.png?t=1375195158]

Reasons I'm Better Then You

2x UFO Champion
Highest Viewed Shove It GM Show: 8/31/13
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shocker's post:
Jessie-ica Diaz (12-14-2013)