Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-09-2024, 02:13 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Making Things Easier
Joe Tuesday

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-07-2013, 04:02 AM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!

The sound of the phone as it rips me from slumber and pulls my attention towards it, like it was a piece of foreign, alien technology. My mind still blanketed in sleep and my thoughts fuzzy and discombobulated. Blinking my eyes I almost wonder, if it actually happened at all...until another followed as sharp and piercing as the first occurrence.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!

Looking at the clock I can see the time is 3am and I sigh heavily as I realize whoever is calling at this hour, most likely is not someone I want to talk to. Even if it's an emergency....fuck, I don't want to face something like that now. That's not being insensitive either. It's being fucking real. Nobody wants to deal with chaos at 3am after being ripped out of slumber. Still, I answer the phone and put the receiver to my ear.

Hello.

Silence. Some say it's golden, but in this moment, it's just annoying.

Hello.

Joe.

Okay, the silence was better than the sound of my ex-wife.

Joe, don't hang up. It's Hannah.

My inebriated ex-wife. Perfect. Hmmmm....I wonder if I can bludgeon myself into a coma with the base of this phone?

I know who it is. I haven't forgotten what you sound like in the whole day that passed, since I signed the divorce papers. I also know it's 3am and five minutes ago, I was asleep. Isn't there some unwritten law somewhere that you don't call the guy you divorce, 24 hours after it happens?

I know...it's weird. I just wanted to call to say, sorry.

Yep, she's drunk.

Right...well, I can tell you're obviously drunk so, I'm going to hang up now. Sleep off the booze, Hannah. Tomorrow you'll wake up and not even know this happened. Which is something, I really envy you for.

God! You can be such an ass sometimes! I'm not drunk. Yeah, I went out with a friend for drinks, but I'm not intoxicated. I just got to thinking while I was out and I wanted to call and say sorry, you know...for all that happened. I never meant for things to wind up like they did. Maybe I should have never accepted that proposal from you right out of high school. I mean we were so young.

I can't help the bitter laugh, that rolls past my tongue and exits through my mouth.

Yeah, hindsight is twenty - twenty. What can you do though? Shit happens. Can't change the past.

That's the thing though. I just found out there's a chance that could happen.

Yeah, this is where I'm finding it hard to believe you're coherent enough to produce logic. I'm going back to my original statement. Go to bed.

No, I'm serious. Listen, I met this man in the bar.

Oh joy, this is exactly what I wanted to hear at 3am, after abruptly being woke up. Can this possibly get better or more awkward?

His name was Theo Pryce.

Wow. Look at that. It did. That's fucking great. What are the odds that it's the rich prick from the XWF?

He said he's some kind of king.

Oh, this was just fantastic. I really don't know how this could get better? Aside from finding out this asshole somehow looked me up, found out I was recently divorced and sought out my ex-wife to fuck with me. You know, knowing that it would get back to me. Yeah, I think that might be the icing to this bullshit cupcake, right there.

He kept talking about how he had this friend Nova, who was an alien who could travel back in time and alter events. Change history, so it was like it never happened. I know it sounds far fetched, but I looked up this Nova and he's real. He's really believed to be all that this Theo Pryce told me about. Anyway, I was thinking...since Nova works for the XWF and so do you, maybe he'd help us out by altering our history and then we wouldn't be in this spot we're in now. We wouldn't have wasted all that time on a marriage that ended up not working.

Yeah, I wouldn't want that. Even if we're in this spot now and it sucks. I wouldn't want to alter or erase the past. What I've lived through brought me here and made me who I am. No matter how shitty things got, I wouldn't want any past but the one I lived through. So yes, I work with Nova and yes, it would be a quick fix to all this bullshit that ended up happening and who knows what might have happened, had things went differently. Things could have gone better, or they could have gone worse. I don't want to find out though. I don't want to roll the dice and make that gamble. I'd rather just pick up the pieces and move on. You should do the same. Don't live in the past and regret. Move on and forge forward. And whatever you do, stay far....far away, from Theo Pryce.

Oh.

Oh? That's her response. Oh. Well, this can't be good.

What?

There's another reason I might want to talk to Nova. I sort of made a rash decision while I was out.

Sinking back into my bed, I barely hold onto the receiver as I let it drop next to my ear. Please, don't let what I think I'm going to hear, be what I hear next.

What happened?

Well, he was so charming and witty.

What happened?

I slept with Theo Pryce.

Of course she did.

Goodbye, Hannah.

I can hear her still talking. Pleading her case and explaining most likely, but the receiver is far from my ear now as I rip the phone cord, right out of the wall and toss the whole damn phone across the room. It slams against the wall and crashes to the floor. Yet, despite my chaotic reaction to what I was told, I am strangely calm. In fact, what just happened helped me feel like starting over and never thinking about the past, was exactly what I needed to do. Luca Arzegotti's advice, had been absolutely right and what just happened proved it. In a fucked up sense, Theo actually helped me out and by that logic, I owe that rich asshole a 'thank you' for helping to make moving past this all, so much easier. So thank you - Theo Pryce, wherever you are, you rich piece of shit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Joe Tuesday's post:
Theo Pryce (12-07-2013)