Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 09:19 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Lethal Lottery 2 Entire Tourney + PPV RP Archive
The Face of Deceit - Part 4 - "Getting To Know You"
Smoke Away
://location_unknown---

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

11-24-2013, 01:41 PM

Five Years Ago

Pushing the handle to open the fire exit door, Daniel walks through and finds himself outside, where his fellow DWA wrestlers are known to hang out... generally because they are allowed to smoke there without setting off some kind of fire alarm. It is raining, and there are several puddles lying around.

The rest of them hadn't seemed to have noticed him yet, but he holds himself back, realising that they have just started talking about him.

So about mine and Daniel's match earlier... what'd you guys think?

Another wrestler known as The Scar - for a permanent scar across his left cheek - answers, shrugging as he does.

S'alright I guess. He's your brother, ain't he?

TJ chuckles, taking a long puff of his cigarette.

Yeah, two years between us. It's hard to believe I've been through pretty much all my life with him, and I'm now finally able to wrestle with him, properly.

Another wrestler, SP Rage, decides to chime in.

Yeah, but I bet he only got into wrestling because you are in it in the first place.

TJ glares at SP Rage.

Now that's not fair, Sprage. Besides, I had only started two years ago myself, remember? He's waited his turn, and now he's got it. You just wait until he's proved himself. None of you fuckers here had listened to me until I'd won the National Championship the first time, and now that I am a three-time champ, you're talking to me as if you have to bring me down to prove something, if anything to begin with.

He breathes in and out another puff of smoke, frustrated.

I just know that once you give him the chance he'll excel.

The Scar and SP Rage exchange a look. While Scar appears worried, Sprage has a snark smile across his lips.

Teej, I understand that you want him to do well, but you shouldn't let him do too well.

What the hell is that supposed to mean!?

He's right Teej... for once.

You've got your brother in the same company as you. You're always going to be compared, perhaps forever, whether you like it or not.

Yeah, but--

There can only be one Shawn Michaels, and one Marty Jannetty.

What? We're not even--

Sprage points TJ hard in the chest.

Don't let that be you.

He throws away his own cigarette and goes to leave but is stopped by TJ.

Whatever you're doing this for, whether it's to mess with me before our match at Domination, it doesn't matter. It's not going to work, you hear me?

Sprage smiles.

Sure.

Something about how he said that seemed condescending, almost mocking TJ. Either way, TJ lets him go. Sprage notices Daniel on his way out.

Well hi there, Danny, we were just talking about you.

He turns to TJ.

Weren't we, Teej?

TJ ignores him, and Sprage leaves to get ready for his own match. Daniel walks over and joins everyone.

Hey.

Alright?

Daniel nods in response, acknowledging the common greeting between the two. Besides himself, TJ, and The Scar, there was one other person there on his own smoke break, being pretty quiet until now. He digs in his camo-hoodie pocket and unearths a packet of cigarettes. He opens it and holds it to Daniel.

I don't have a lighter spare.

Daniel puts up his hand and pushes the packet away slightly.

Heheh, no thanks, Scott.

Scott gives Daniel a puzzled look, but then closes his packet of cigarettes and puts it in his pocket. He exhales the smoke from his own cigarette.

Weird. Why come to the smoking area if you don't wanna smoke?

The odd thing about Scott (who goes by the ring-name Scott Manly) is that he is the only non-British competitor in the DWA, instead hailing from Toronto, in Canada. His ambition to move here, of all places, to pursue is wrestling career is questionable, but he is the current World Champion, and has been for quite a while, in fact the upcoming PPV; Domination, is the same day as his one-year mark as a consecutive champion.

Oh, I don't smoke. Nor do I drink for that matter.

Scott spits at the floor and laughs.

Hahaha, whatever, Smokey.

Daniel looks puzzled.

'Smokey'?

Scott rolls his eyes.

It's ironic, you asshole. Learn the English language, Smokey, you fuckers invented the damn thing. And enjoy the nickname, I believe it's just stuck.

Daniel breathes in and out in annoyance, staring daggers at Scott.

It's amazing how you think that just because I'm newer than you, that means you're better than me.

Scott glares at Daniel. He's annoyed to a point of actually walking up to Daniel, in such a way that makes TJ quickly react to hold Scott back.

Damn right I'm better than you, pretty boy. I think being the champ for a whole fucking year would make that clear enough, wouldn't it!?
I think we need to just calm down here--
How do you know, Scotty? Maybe I am your match, and you just don't know it yet.
Daniel, don't even, what are you--
You?! My match!? Ha! Don't make me laugh! You couldn't even hold up in a fight against your own brother, what makes you think you can take me down, Smokey? Lest you forget I am the champion.
Come on guys do we really need to do this now?
What if you're wrong then, Scott? Are you afraid to face me for the title, knowing you might just lose to me?
I don't think you're--

Scott smiles and steps back, looking Daniel dead in the face.

Alright then Smokey, tell you what. Next week, just a few days before the big event, I'll put my title on the line for you.

Scott turns to walk off.

Prepare for the beating of your life.

He leaves, throwing his cigarette in a puddle to extinguish it. Daniel watches him go, but he is drawn away by TJ.

Daniel. Call of the match.

What!? No! I--

Daniel, trust me. There is a reason he is the World Champion. I just don't think you're ready to face him yet.

I know what I'm doing Ed, I just want to--

No, Daniel, you don't. You need to stop this now, otherwise you'll seriously regret ever going through with it. Just trust me on this.

I'm furthering myself as a wrestler, why won't you just support me!?

Because you're not ready!!

I am I just--

NO!

Losing his temper, TJ shoves Daniel, with enough force to make him crash to the ground. Daniel cuts his lip on a rock, and blood starts coming out.

You need to understand what you are too blind to see, Daniel. You are not ready.

Trust me.

Daniel looks up at his brother, pissed off and annoyed. He slowly begins to shake his head.

No.

He stands, wiping the blood off his lip. Without a second thought, he spits in his brother's face.

You're just jealous that I was brave enough to take an opportunity when I saw it. More than you've ever done since you were here.

Maybe you are the Marty Jannetty.

TJ is breathing heavily, trying not to lash out at his brother.

Just... listen to me for a second.

Smoke turns away.

I'm done listening to you.

The following week, Daniel faced Scott Manly.

He lost. Severely.

Embarrassed, he was never seen in the DWA again, nor even by his own brother.

Well... almost never...

[Image: logosmoke_zpsfca57577.png]

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
4x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Edit Hate Post Like Post