Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-03-2024, 03:57 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Lethal Lottery 2 Entire Tourney + PPV RP Archive
Whodunnit - Part 2 - "Selling Souls"
Smoke Away
://location_unknown---

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

10-31-2013, 04:01 AM

OOC Note: This RP's a direct continuation of the previous. Read it here if not already done so.

After turning the handle to close the door, Smoke turns the lock. He looks around to see Shane, sitting in his chair the same way he usually does, forgetting the still bleeding face and the bloody footprints that go from the door and around the back of the desk. His elbows are resting on the table, with his fingers tented over his mouth, appearing to be in deep thought.

Smoke can't quite put his finger on it but something seems... off about the boss. Besides the usual oddities about him, anyway.

Before, you said that I had fallen down the stairs. Or even that someone might've pushed me down.

He grabs a tissue from the underside of his desk and starts cleaning up the blood spots around his head and face. Smoke takes this opportunity to walk over and sit on the cushioned chair the other side of the desk. Looking over his shoulder, he can see that he had also left red footprints that had stained the carpet.

Do you think anybody would have pushed me down?

Smoke looks back over to his boss, who's hands look like they're holding invisible potatoes in the air, after asking the question.

After a couple of seconds, and realising the question was not at all rhetorical, Smoke shrugs.

Well, for someone to want to throw you down a flight of stairs, I'd assume that they would be one of your enemies.

's hands clench, and he stands, pacing around his chair to allow himself to think, dabbing the still somewhat bleeding holes in his face with the already blood-stained tissue. Maybe he presses a little too hard, as more blood seems to come out. While pacing, he mumbles similarly to how Smoke had found him, twisting words and talking to himself as if he were two different people. He slows his thought process and speaks louder to answer Smoke.

No, that's no good. I've got plenty of enemies.

...Have you done anything to piss anyone off recently?

Shane turns around to look at Smoke with a stern expression.

Yes.

He answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

What was the last thing you did to piss someone off?

Maybe during the event?

Shane clicks his fingers at that question, coming up with his realisation.

Dean McGovern and Liz Hathaway.

Smoke remembers seeing Liz run past him in the hallway. That must have been why.

But... Why them two?

Shane fiddles with his fingers a little. Smoke could swear he saw 's eye twitch just that little bit.

You're a wrestler in the XWF, Smoke, you work it out. Birds tweet, dogs bark, wrestlers wrestle and Shane D. pisses people off on a daily basis.

The both of them were in a Lethal Lottery match on the same team and I kicked them out of the tournament through honest, and quite fair circumstances. You would have agreed with me. Had you saw it.

I'm guessing that they got a little bit too pissed and ended up throwing me down those flight of stairs.

I did see Liz run down the hallway when I was coming to talk to you.

Something snapped, went wrong, or something like that. Suddenly, Shane's on top of his desk, caking it in his own red blood that has been shaped around the bottom of his own boot. He is looking dead on at Smoke Man, who is still sitting in his chair.

Shane quickly punches his hand through the plaster roof, and pulls his arm out, gripping dust-balls and stray wires that made the nearby light flicker off and die. Still, without removing his twitching and shaky glare from Smoke flings it across the room, making contact with the wall, and landing on the carpet. All the while he is still bumbling to himself.

He hops back down to behind his desk, without even turning around, and sits back down as normal. As if nothing happened.

Now I'm almost certain that it was them. Dean probably ran off another way to split up.

Probably, I didn't see him, though.

Shane sighs and buries his face in his hands.

This is a problem. I can't have them running about and causing mayhem with this tournament going on. I will have my revenge, mind you but it probably won't be easy. I have a plan though. I always have a plan.

Shane looks up at Smoke, resting his chin on his hands. A tired look rounds his eyes, fatigued from the night and the obvious blood lost.

So why did you come to see me, Smoke? It obviously wasn't to hear me ramble on about my problems, or to care for me after such a bad... setback. Why are you really here?

Smoke swallows hard. He hadn't actually thought over what he wanted specifically. Better start at the basics.

Well, as you may have heard, my apartment had recently burned down in a fire. I've been thinking about it and I think that the person responsible is at least joined with the XWF in some way. I think this because leading up to the event I had received a couple of text messages that were somewhat... related, I guess? Nobody knows my mobile number but family and business, so obviously here.

And what makes you think that it wasn't someone in your family that burned it down?

Okay, one; come on it's family, why would they? They all live in Europe, anyway. I doubt someone would fly all the way over just to burn down my apartment.

Okay. So? Did you want me to buy you a motel or what?

Smoke decides he'd better just get to the point.

I just want to be allowed to find out who it was, with permission to do whatever means necessary around the XWF to find out. I put everything I had into getting that sleazeball apartment, and now I have nothing. The least I can do is make someone pay for it.

smirks that same old evil smirk. It's obvious the cogs in his brain are working, conjuring up this request in a way that will allow him to think of the best response.

And that's it? That's all you wanted to talk to me about? When we were at the bottom of the stairs you said you wanted to talk to me about Dean.

Yeah actually I did. Since the ending to the main event of the first round of the tournament, which you obviously know about because you called the shot, Dean's had it in his head that he was the one who pinned me, which is either thanks to him being batshit insane or just in denial. Either way, it lead to him interfering with my match tonight, which leads me to believe that he had cost me the match.

During this explanation, Shane had gotten up out of his seat and began pacing once more. He paces over to one of the plants in his room, takes a lighter out of his pocket and sets a leaf on fire. As if only realising it's on fire, he breaks it off and shoves it down his throat, choking as the burning, unchewed leaf makes its way down his throat, all the while screaming:

IT'S THE INDIANS! THE INDIANS MADE ME DO IT!

Over and over again.

And, again as if nothing had happened, he paces back to his desk and sits back down.

Well Smoke Man, it seems like we have a mutual enemy.

Smoke shrugs.

Seems like it.

Shane chuckles as he dabs his face once more.

Well then, how about I strike you a deal, Smoke? I will give you unlimited access to the XWF for the sake of finding out your mundane life problems, consider it a blessing from me; absolute power to bend at your will, just so long as it's to do with your self-quest or whatever.

But just remember who gave you those rights: Shane . You'll owe me, Smokey boy, you'll owe me big time.

The smirk rips across the boss's face once more. Smoke sighs.

I just sold my soul to the devil, didn't I?

Oh no no, Smoke, not like that. Remember, we have a mutual enemy now. If anything, think of this as... an alliance. If I ever need you, it'll be to do with that, I swear. Come on, don't you trust me?

Shane stands and extends his arm for a handshake, but Smoke remains seated.

You want me to trust the man that sent me into custody?

Shane smirks at that remark.

It's all I ask.

Smoke stands and looks at the extended hand, which still has the blood stains.

Just remember that I'm only going for Dean, alright?

Oh Smoke Man. Power is a funny thing. It can make a man, or it could break a man but I: I have that power. And because of that power, well, just look around you. Everything in the XWF is mine. And I'm giving you the absolute freedom to play around in it as you see fit. Don't you realise that maybe I think that this power can make you?

This is as close as a promotion as anyone here is going to get. I'm giving you the power of freedom... and you are arguing, and debating. Liz, Dean, it will all be the same, because by the end of the week, you'll be just as corrupt as I am, and you will welcome it. You don't like it? Fine, walk away, I won't do anything. But if you want your closure, you'll shake my hand. And you will like it.

The smirk never left Shane's lips.

...Alright?

Slowly, but ever so surely, the smirk travels across the lips of Smoke Man, finding himself agreeing.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Exactly.

Smoke looks at his own hand, and after a few seconds of hesitation, reaches for and grabs his boss's hand as well. The two firmly shake to seal their new found alliance.

Now do whatever the fuck you feel like doing.

Smoke nods and turns to leave.

Also feel free to just... live here or whatever. Maximize search time and what not.

Smoke stops with his handle on the door.

You just want to spy on me, don't you?

Shane chuckles.

Even if I did, then I wouldn't be able to do anything, now will I?

Suppose not.

Smoke turns the lock and handle, and exits the room, being sure to grab his gear bag outside the door.

Shane, who's started chewing on his bloody tissue and slapping himself around the face, screams at the top of his lungs for Smoke to close the door behind him.

[Image: logosmoke_zpsfca57577.png]

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
4x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Edit Hate Post Like Post