Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-17-2024, 11:30 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick update for Lethal Lottery Round 1
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

10-04-2013, 12:37 PM

Round 1 will take place the Wednesday Warfare following this upcoming Trio's Warfare. The tournament will be Warfare based, and will also wrap up on a Wednesday PPV. The tournament should span for around 4 weeks before concluding at the PPV.

Round 1 is going to be HUGE. We have over 40 names present, so we're going to mix things up a bit for round 1...

RANDOM captains!

Yes, round 1 will see TEN captains randomly named. Those TEN captains will each choose THREE people they want to draft onto their team for Round 1. The result will be a card with 5 matches booked. All 5 matches will be 4 on 4 tag matches, 1 fall to a finish. A winning team sees ALL 4 members advance, and a losing team is eliminated entirely from the tournament.

Then, the following week (when we have a much smaller list) we will revert to the original 2 against 2 teams, selected at random.

Any questions for how Round 1 will be handled?

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Andrew Morrison (10-04-2013)
AlexandraCallaway Offline
Demon or Angel? You decide!

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

10-04-2013, 12:54 PM

YAY! Sounds like a great time.

1x UFO E1999 Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Smoke Away
://location_unknown---

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

10-04-2013, 01:01 PM

So I assume if a captain wants certain people in their team, then they must select them before the other people have a choice. So is it sort of like a competition before a competition, or am I wrong?

[Image: logosmoke_zpsfca57577.png]

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
4x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Hate Post Like Post
Cam Lang Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Tweener/Neutral

(crowd reaction varies; dips between face & heel)

10-04-2013, 01:03 PM

(10-04-2013, 01:01 PM)Smoke Man Said: So I assume if a captain wants certain people in their team, then they must select them before the other people have a choice. So is it sort of like a competition before a competition, or am I wrong?

I'm assuming the order of selection is randomly chosen, but I could be wrong.

[Image: CL.jpg]

Creds to BBD!
Hate Post Like Post
Liz Hathaway Offline
Do you have the power to let power go?

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

10-04-2013, 01:16 PM

No I think Smokey is right.

[Image: 246195bf6992c5da7d09ff840f1abc76.jpg]

XWF Record
8-11-1
W-L-D

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

10-04-2013, 01:51 PM

It will be considered a draft.

Originally, drafts used to be one massive thread where each captain knows their place of order and replies with one pick at a time.... BUT since this is massive, with TEN captains, I had to improvise.

Every captain will send me a PM, ranking the order of all available names. I will use these rankings and issue each captain 1 pick at a time, going by the highest ranking name on that captain's preferred list when it's their pick.

So, if everybody wants Barney Green as their FIRST name... then obviously whichever captain randomly is given the first choice will receive Barney. Then, the next captain would no longer be able to receive Barney, so that captain would get the next available person on their list.

This is an incredibly simple process but confusing as fuck to explain quickly. lol Does it make sense guys?

Hate Post Like Post
Dawn Carson Offline

XWF FanBase:
Heel w/ Cult Following

(the heel you love to love; does whatever they want)

10-04-2013, 02:03 PM

Awesomeness! (again, cbf changing to a normal account)

[Image: Carson_zps0d2feab1.jpg]
Thanks for the sig pic, Luca/Diaz/Tigris, you awesome man/woman/fish!
Hate Post Like Post
Smoke Away
://location_unknown---

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

10-04-2013, 02:59 PM

(10-04-2013, 01:51 PM)Administrator Said: It will be considered a draft.

Originally, drafts used to be one massive thread where each captain knows their place of order and replies with one pick at a time.... BUT since this is massive, with TEN captains, I had to improvise.

Every captain will send me a PM, ranking the order of all available names. I will use these rankings and issue each captain 1 pick at a time, going by the highest ranking name on that captain's preferred list when it's their pick.

So, if everybody wants Barney Green as their FIRST name... then obviously whichever captain randomly is given the first choice will receive Barney. Then, the next captain would no longer be able to receive Barney, so that captain would get the next available person on their list.

This is an incredibly simple process but confusing as fuck to explain quickly. lol Does it make sense guys?

I think I know what you're getting at, and it definitely answers my question, thanks.

[Image: logosmoke_zpsfca57577.png]

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
4x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Hate Post Like Post
Rebel Offline
Jackass of all Trades

XWF FanBase:
Heel w/ Cult Following

10-04-2013, 04:01 PM

Will you or can you post an updated list of who all is in the tournament?

[Image: Chaosrebel_zps20294548.jpg]
1x X-Treme Champion (13 days)
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

10-04-2013, 04:03 PM

(10-04-2013, 04:01 PM)Rebel Said: Will you or can you post an updated list of who all is in the tournament?

Check the top post of this thread. Those 40 names are IN as of right now and give us the exact number we need to do our Round 1, 4-on-4 match ups. Smile

Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

10-04-2013, 10:00 PM

personally a draft is pointless. id rather go to the old system and have 10 tag matches each week. 2 per round so u got 10 matches which equals half of the ppl who signed up. the other half get the week off and then fight the next week until we get to round 2 which will see im assuming at least 20 ppl max. there u can do 5 matches, 4 on 4 like you wanted to do in round 1 and those winners go to round 3 which then goes back to the old system and round 4 could be the semi finals or have the semis and the finals at the ppv like it was last yr.

just throwing this out there. its confusing for me to even understand but hope u guys and gals get where im coming from..

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Rebel Offline
Jackass of all Trades

XWF FanBase:
Heel w/ Cult Following

10-05-2013, 06:57 AM

The problem is, say everybody role plays, that means the writers of the shows have 10 matches they have to write for, all those role plays to read and judge. That's a lot of work for anybody to handle. I like the 4x4 idea personally. Only thing that is going to suck is if you are in a 4x4 group where you bust ass role playing, but no one else does.

[Image: Chaosrebel_zps20294548.jpg]
1x X-Treme Champion (13 days)
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

10-05-2013, 07:07 AM

that i agree with. u can be put on a team with 2 good rpers and 2 no shows or 2 so so rpers.. its really a problem in my opinion.. i just hope im on a team with awesome rp'ers Wink

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

10-05-2013, 08:50 AM

Remember guys that element of LOTTERY will be strong in many ways. Smile

Will you be on a team full of people who all RP during Round 1? Will you be the one carrying the load?

Remember, in team situations, it's possible for a whole team to be carried to a win if one/some of the members put out enough quality. Having a no-shower on your team absolutely, positively will not be what decides these outcomes. If the RPing members make up the difference in quality, that entire team can still win!

PS: If any teams win in Round 1 and had somebody no-show on that team, that person is disqualified from the rest of the tournament and REPLACED with one of the top performing RPers that week who took a loss. A team with a no-show can still win, but that person who didn't show up DOES NOT deserve to advance.

Lastly, judging was brought up and will be a huge task for Round 1 no matter what match structure we use. We'll still have to be reading roleplays from 40 people. When you consider that most people RP multiple times for each match they're in, there's a good chance that Round 1 of the LL will see OVER 100 RPs for it.

I'm going to personally be judging the LL with the help of some others, and I know with me personally I'll be reading the RPs the same day they go up. That way, I'll be able to keep a tally of which team is ahead, etc... at the end of each day. Then, when the RPing deadline hits, it will be incredibly easy for me to glance back at the entire week and refresh my memory since I've already read 90%+ of the work before that day.

If all goes well, Round 1 of the LL will be the single most active week the XWF has ever had for ONE show. (and that says a lot; we've been around since 1999!) All the following weeks of the LL will be much more laid back though.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Cam Lang (10-05-2013), Peter Fn Gilmour (10-05-2013), Rebel (10-05-2013), Tony Santos (10-05-2013)
Nightmare Offline

XWF FanBase:
Tweener/Neutral

(crowd reaction varies; dips between face & heel)

10-05-2013, 11:23 AM

Damn I'm excited for this.

[Image: nm_zps35d07197.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

10-05-2013, 06:44 PM

lets get this bitch started so I can go to the finals again Wink

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Hate Post Like Post