Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-14-2024, 06:17 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Beauty of a Loss
Great Buzzard Eli James IV Offline
Speaker of Truth

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

09-21-2013, 08:16 AM

Eli is sitting on his front porch playing the banjo and singing at the top of his lungs as people work.

Eli James IV "This world is not my home I'm just a passing through.. My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue.. The angels beckon me from heaven's open door.. And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

As Eli sings and plays, the people around him are working with smiles and a few skips like they were happy to be outside. His beautiful wife, Emily "Swanson" James walks out in a black and white sundress holding an ice glass of freshly squeezed lemonade. Eli stops as she hands him the drink. The two share a glare in each other's eyes. She sits down beside Eli..

Emily "Swanson" James "I'm so excited, honey, to see you fight.

Eli James IV "Hopefully, darlin'.. it'll be a fight. I heard Cam talk earlier about the change in the Revolution. LJ Havok.. Peter Gilmour.. but I wonder what all that talkin' will bring about when he falls.

You know what I find funny, darlin'? All the talk Cam Lang does about my supposed lies and 'out there' thoughts.. yet he cannot tell me what those lies or 'out there' thoughts are. Maybe he's afraid that I'm right and doesn't wanna look like a sittin' duck.

Heh. He doesn't remember not accepting my challenge.. heh.. I think there are several who heard it. It's documented, but we'll just let him believe in the lies he's talked up. It's all he has. Lies and a pride that will fall. It always does.

You know why so many of you fall? Your eyes.. your heart.. your mind has placed everything on the temporal things that rust and die. You said that you not only just wanted this championship that I hold.. but you NEED it. Heh. Needing is such a strong word. Ya need oxygen.. ya need food.. ya need water.. but needing somethin' that will rust away? Needing somethin' crafted by the hands of man? Heh. That's a sad life, man.

Mystica had that same outlook when I met him.. but he saw the truth. He placed his hope in the eternal where it doesn't fade or rust away. When he grasped that truth.. I gave him my half of the tag team titles. Ya see.. this title isn't somethin' I need.. it's somethin' I have.. somethin' that displays I'm a champion among you.. but a need? Heh.

I'll give ya a partial thing.. you said I tasted the bitterness of defeat before. Of course I've tasted defeat. This body isn't designed to win every battle, man. The flesh will wrinkle.. it will fall.. it will fail. It's a part of life.. ya got that right, man. But.. the bitterness of defeat?

You're all the same. Shallow minds and unstable hearts. Defeat isn't bitter, man. Defeat is a part of this world.. we all will find it.. but bitterness? At least to me, it's not bitter.. it's humbling. It's a reminder all who inhabit this fleshly sanctuary we call a body will fail at some point. It's a reminder that we are not some sort of god to the wrestling world. It reminds me that my purpose extends beyond a win or loss.

You.. you all focus on the wins and losses. You must win the match.. you NEED to win the match. You must make an impact.. you must be number one.. you must.. you must.. you must. Let me ask ya..

When the man who needs the win or craves to make some sort of big impact fails.. then what? His pride is damaged. His whole outlook has been crushed. His whole life existence has gone into a black pit. He's never the same because that defeat was bitterness. That's you.

Me? Heh. I'm a little different Cam. Let me ask ya..

What happens when a man who doesn't need the win or craves the big impact falls once.. or twice.. or three times? He smiles... because his purpose goes beyond the moments we find ourselves in.

What happened when Luca eliminated me in the Elimination Chamber match several months ago? I smiled. I embraced it. It was a loss with a purpose.

What happened when my team lost at War Games? I smiled. I embraced it. Again.. it was a loss with a purpose.

What happens to the Revolution when they fail to end Eli James? Then what, Cam? You move on to someone else and pretend it never happened? You get bitter and make excuses.. much like ya did when you and Jason lost to Dr. Jones and Elisha? I know.. you said you weren't makin' excuses.. but you did. You said ya'll weren't on your best game.. that's an excuse. It's a lie.. it's a cover up so you can continue to be some sort of big man in this company.

I await the Revolution.. hehehe.

[Image: N1KpZEA.jpg]

1x Universal Champion
1x Undefeated Trio Champion (1/3)
1x Undefeated Tag Team Champion
1x Undefeated European Champion
2x Undefeated UFO/FTW (Ark of the Covenant) Champion
1x United States Champion
2013 July Star of the Month
The One Who Ended & The Administrator
Former Owner of the XWF
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Great Buzzard Eli James IV's post:
(09-25-2013), Emily Swanson (09-21-2013)