Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-12-2024, 10:14 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Ingredients (TV #1 Contenders Match-RP #8)
Swift Ion Offline
Plagiarism

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

(always cheered; has massive following; almost never cheats)

08-31-2013, 09:57 AM

"Mr. Radio and I fight for position on XWF's mountain, two stars who are as unalike as a radio and a werewolf . We as wrestlers wonder what the formula to becoming a leading Superstar is comprised of. What qualities do they share and how can
XWF go about creating more guys in these two distinct molds? Rafio is 6'0", a chiseled, a wrestler who moves as slickly in the ring as
anyone in the business today.
I'm 6'1'', a dynamo and High-Flyer."

Ingredients

"What ingredients blend together to make these two men Superstars? Let's pick apart what makes both great to gain insight into what
separates a top XWF Superstar from a guy who can't make his way off the bench."

Compelling in the Ring

"Their approach may be different, but the end
result is the same—great matches. Peter Glimour's ring work doesn't look anything
like Radio's and I and Alexandra's wrestling styles are worlds apart in terms of
style. Each of us Superstars offers something unique in the ring. Not only are out moves distinct, but our strategy, gait and general movement stands out. However, it takes more than being different—one must also be interesting. Radio's ring work is marked by slickness. He lives up to his name. Not only is a move like his finisher unique to him, but it's exciting to watch.
On the other hand, my attack style is more akin to the AJ Styles of TNA. I dart around the ring, bellowing as I leap into the air to land a stiff flying elbow on whoever is unlucky enough to be standing in the corner.
Both of our piece moves like these together to create in-ring action that grabs the audience's attention. There is a fieriness and energy to
how both Radio and I attack our foes, a trait that gives XWF confidence in putting us in main event matches. All of this is true for Alexandra as well. As for Supernova, he is often maligned for his ring work, but he has a style of his own that ends in dramatic, captivating matches. That's enough to make a top guy though or there would be more main event guys than there are main event spots.

It Factor

"It's hard to define, but "it factor" is a must- have for a top wrestling star. Pure in-ring ability doesn't create a connection with the crowd that is required to be a marquee name. If the fans aren't invested in you, it doesn't matter what kind of
moves and offense you have.
"It factor" is the difference between a guy few remember like CM Punk and John Black. It's why XWF chose Angelus to lead. Both Orton and Bryan have this trait, though
in different ways. Radio is no Jake Roberts on the mic, but he's intimidating, brooding and possesses whatever
it is that makes a wrestler hard to look away from. This is especially true when he plays a heel. If Tadio walked into a room along with Braden Walker and Mark Jindrak, chances are a non-wrestling fan would guess that Radio was the biggest star among them. He exudes star power. I do as well, but in a "compelling underdog" way. Whether I'm joking around with Faze or insulting Radio for the world to see, there is something inherently appealing about me. The best test to whether a Superstar has this elusive characteristic is to put me in a main event and see if it still feels like a main event. When I challenged Alexandra for a win on my end on Madness, it felt like a huge match because both of us belonged in that situation."

Versatility

"Some wrestlers only excel as dominant monsters tearing through the bottom feeders.
Some only excel as comedy characters. These are important pieces of the booking puzzle, but they just aren't versatile enough to
be top stars. Both Radio and I can excel as either fan
favorites or heels and thrive in a variety of different stories.
For those wondering how skirts around this, he is indeed a fine heel at the beginning of his career. I may forever be a midcard guy because I haven't proved to be anything beyond an exciting high-flyer with an infectious smile. Should I show you that I can play a variety of roles, you can expect me to climb the XWF ladder. I'm currently the lovable underdog, the wrestler proud of his Capetown background whose focus and passion is pointed right at any XWF title. XWF can confidently slide me into his new role as a rebel battling an oppressive regime. Radio isn't as versatile as I, but I was extremely popular as a good guy and one of the better villains we've had in recent
memory. The company knows that once the narrative is rolling, both of us will connect with the audience and deliver in the ring. That's just as true for Punk, JTC and the other upper-echelon stars in the company. Stirring those ingredients together may get a
different-looking end product each time, but we wield the same power. So Radio, watch out because there's a Werewolf on your ass."

Camera Fades.

[Image: Bleacher-Report_logo.jpg]
[Image: ap19.PNG]]

Finisher: Copy and paste!
Edit Hate Post Like Post