Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-08-2024, 02:13 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Then and now!
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

08-31-2013, 05:01 AM

It's been exactly 7 years since I wrote my first promo in online wrestling.

I thought it would be interesting to see how long it's been since everyone else wrote their first promo and what their first character was?

My first character was 'The Samurai' - I won a ten man battle royal in my début match.

How about all of you?

If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
Margaret Thatcher

[Image: 97166.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-31-2013, 05:17 AM

Probably somewhere around 15 years ago I found out about e-feds after having played in the IWA (Imaginary Wrestling Association) which was a play-by-mail wrestling game where you picked move sets and they'd have certain values that would end up determining winners and such. It was pretty fun.

Anyway, when I found out about e-fedding, that was a new concept because the IWA had no such thing as a roleplay... it was just based on the strategies/moves you'd choose for that given cycle. My first character in any e-fed was none other than... SCOTT STEINER! My RPs were pretty short and pathetic back then, AND I even made the mistake of attacking my opponent in an RP. LMAO! Eventually when I figured everything out and got a handle on what an RP should consist of, I started doing very well. The fed was called DiWF (Dave's Internet Wrestling Federation) and they had some title called the Cruiserplayer Championship, which was like a lightweight/cruiserweight title but for some odd reason they put my Scott Steiner character in the match for it and I won that belt. So, my first ever title in any e-fed was a light weight title with Scott Steiner. Good times.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

08-31-2013, 05:25 AM

(08-31-2013, 05:17 AM)Administrator Said: Probably somewhere around 15 years ago I found out about e-feds after having played in the IWA (Imaginary Wrestling Association) which was a play-by-mail wrestling game where you picked move sets and they'd have certain values that would end up determining winners and such. It was pretty fun.

Anyway, when I found out about e-fedding, that was a new concept because the IWA had no such thing as a roleplay... it was just based on the strategies/moves you'd choose for that given cycle. My first character in any e-fed was none other than... SCOTT STEINER! My RPs were pretty short and pathetic back then, AND I even made the mistake of attacking my opponent in an RP. LMAO! Eventually when I figured everything out and got a handle on what an RP should consist of, I started doing very well. The fed was called DiWF (Dave's Internet Wrestling Federation) and they had some title called the Cruiserplayer Championship, which was like a lightweight/cruiserweight title but for some odd reason they put my Scott Steiner character in the match for it and I won that belt. So, my first ever title in any e-fed was a light weight title with Scott Steiner. Good times.

See this is interesting to me because when I competed on bebo you were freely allowed to use each other's characters in promos/roleplays. As long as you didn't completely humiliate them. It took me a while to adapt to that when I joined XWF.

If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
Margaret Thatcher

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-31-2013, 05:32 AM

Yeah that's always just been an e-fed thing as far as I've seen from day 1. In the IWA (play by mail game) we could type stuff up to mail them and it could include other people. All the e-feds I've been in though have all had the same rule about not using other handlers' characters without permission. Once you have permission from them, it's fine.

When I attacked Chris Jericho with Scott Steiner in my RP, I think I beat him down on with a steel pipe or something like that. lol I definitely learned very quickly not to do that.

Hate Post Like Post
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

08-31-2013, 05:38 AM

People don't take kindly to their characters getting beaten with a lead pipe lol.

Margaret Thatcher

Hate Post Like Post
Matt Lennox Offline
I cry like a baby

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-31-2013, 06:09 AM

My first efed was back on MySpace back in like 2006. It was called IEW I think. I actually have been using the Matt Lennox character since then. My first match I won for a title they had there. Been a while!

[Image: 311kzti.jpg]

Accomplishments
1 time XWF Xtreme champion
2 time FTW UFO E1999 champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Matt Lennox's post:
Archie Lawson (08-31-2013)
Cam Lang Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Tweener/Neutral

(crowd reaction varies; dips between face & heel)

08-31-2013, 06:14 AM

The first time I'd ever tried an e-fed was on wrestlezone I believe, however that was a while ago... I do remember on wrestlingforum.com I was going to try my luck but I just realized I wasn't that interested in it at that time. I remember using Evan Bourne as my pic base lol, well I guess Matt Sydal because at that time he wasn't in the WWE.
Hate Post Like Post
John Austin Away
Grizzled Young Vet

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

08-31-2013, 06:22 AM

Well I first found out about efeds from the original ECW forums... back when the first One Night Stand was announced. So about 2005 ish. Someone posted a thread about joining a e-fed and I didn't know what it was, so I signed up.

It was match based, basically you just write out your moves and then the opponent comes in and adds his half and then finally the admin finishes it with the winner.

My first character I played was CW Anderson Tongue

Now when it comes to promo based, first character I ever played was Batista. I look back at my first RPs as him and I was horrible. My skill has developed over-time and I think my work now as John Austin is my best stuff.

To find John, turn those lights out because he will then appear...
XWF LEGEND and the only man who punked out Duke TWICE
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes John Austin's post:
Christine Nash (08-31-2013)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-31-2013, 08:20 AM

I ran around like stooooone coooold and raised sum hell.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
Archie Lawson (08-31-2013), Smoke (08-31-2013)
LJ Havok Offline
The Chose One

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

08-31-2013, 08:25 AM

in 2003 I wanna say my first character was Triple H..I could be wrong though. I was in two. There was an invasion angle based efed on MSN I think. It was pretty cool. I sucked though. I was also basically the character i am now in a fed called EBW. The name was LJ Styles. My character has been through quite an evolution since then thankfully

[Image: Lssnyr5.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-31-2013, 11:18 AM

ive been efedding since 2005

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-31-2013, 11:27 AM

(08-31-2013, 06:24 AM)DShadows Said: O_O The fuck? Why did I get censored D:< rage face

Haha, you triggered the censor when you wrote those initials because a few months back we had a small band of hoodlums who started a fed just to try and spite XWF, and that's the initials their joke of a fed had lol but obviously they didn't make it far because no fed would that was created out of anger. It doesn't even matter anymore so I'll remove that keyword.

Hate Post Like Post
LJ Havok Offline
The Chose One

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

08-31-2013, 11:30 AM

what jobber? lol

[Image: Lssnyr5.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-31-2013, 11:38 AM

(08-31-2013, 05:17 AM)Administrator Said: Probably somewhere around 15 years ago I found out about e-feds after having played in the IWA (Imaginary Wrestling Association) which was a play-by-mail wrestling game where you picked move sets and they'd have certain values that would end up determining winners and such. It was pretty fun.

Was that game advertised in Pro Wrestling Illustrated? I'm much too old to remember the name, but they always advertised a similar game.

Anyhow, my first efed character was named Shawn Douglas. He was the nephew of the Franchise Shane Douglas, a local boy where I'm from. Worked at my local Target and everything. It was also the name of my back yard wrestling character. The first incarnation of Sean Falcon was loosely based off of that character.

Anyhow, the fed was the AWA and back then, RPs were so basic. Some story, sure, but not like the intricate stories developed today. He was pretty successful because the fed was based more off of intriguing angles and storylines rather than pure writing ability. Titles galore.

Then I did something terrible. The owner went on vacation for 2 weeks and gave me all the passwords and shit. I kinda hijacked that shit. The dude was a shit owner, but that doesnt mean I didnt feel guilty about that afterwards. In my defense, I had the backing of the entire roster of 8. Still... that was a shit thing to do... I was not a nice person in my teen years...
Hate Post Like Post