Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:14 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Lion's Den - Part 2
Smoke Away
://location_unknown---

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

09-02-2013, 10:58 AM

The camera fades in to see Smoke Man sitting on the other side of a booth in a coffee house. He's leaning back against the bench, his arms resting on the top. Just to the left of the camera is a large-pane window, and outside we can see a busy street packed full of cars, coming and going out of shot. On the other side of the road is a park, and from the trees at the roadside, we can see it's fairly windy outside. The sun is visible in the shot, indicating it's either early or late in the day. The door, which can be seen behind Smoke swings open as the bell tingles, with a man in a formally dressed suit walks in, walking past the camera to take his own seat.

On the table, closest to the camera, there is an empty silver tray. A half finished mug of coffee is nearest Smoke Man, it has a small sliver of steam slipping out from the top, indicating it's still warm. Next to it is a silver teaspoon, dripping with coffee, as well as a few ripped open sugar packets and an empty milk tub.

Smoke reaches out and grabs his coffee, taking a sip of it. He then leans in toward the camera, clutching his mug, with both his hands, on the table.

I've been doing a lot of thinking recently, and out of it I came to the conclusion that for my future fights in the XWF I need to be readily prepared for whatever what could be thrown at me. I need to know the ins and outs of my opponents, whoever they may be, so that I'm not walking in blind. Suffice to say, I need to start doing a little homework.

He lifts one hand away from the mug, resting its elbow on the table, and pointing his finger to the camera.

So I chose to do some research on my next opponent. Now, for the two of you who don't know who that is, it's none other than the "Lionheart", Mike Harrison. Like me, he is a newcomer to the XWF, debuting in the same match I did in fact. Last weeks gargantuan War Games match. Now, for the most part in that match, he and I were going at it, wailing on each other like the both of us were sandbags. Back and forth action.

He places his raised hand back on his mug, but he leans back against the bench, moving his mug above his lap.

Quite exhilarating, watching it back again. Maybe that's why they decided it was best for the two of us to meet again this Wednesday. Either way, this time around it's a simple one-on-one encounter. Not really extreme, but I still am looking forward to this match, mind you. Winning my first match is great and all, but remember that that was a team competition. If I win on Wednesday then I will show that I don't need to rely on anybody, or anything, else when it comes to pure, one-on-one, fighting ability.

He takes a long sip of his coffee. Resurfacing, he proceeds.

Now, I know it's not my place to underestimate the guy. He and I have as much wrestling experience as one another, but to me, he doesn't seem like he's the real deal. Trust me, I know better than anyone else, apart from him obviously, what he's like in the ring. I know because I was there fighting him last time out - we've been over this! To me, he's just another guy who thinks he's all it backstage, and when it comes to in ring performance, he is bound to disappoint. Sure, maybe I didn't do so hot last time either, but understand that even though I didn't do so well, what does that say about Mike, considering that for the most part, I was all over him?

Ripping into another sugar packet, Smoke shuffles forward and sprinkles more into his cup before taking yet another sip. He begins stirring his drink with the spoon, talking while looking into his beverage.

Let's humour him a little. Let's suggest that maybe it was just an off day, a bad turn of events that ultimately lead to a fluke on my part. Well, if so, then he'd better not think that just because that was a fluke, then I will be easy to defeat on Wednesday. I went into the War Games the most unprepared guy, because I had no clue what I was getting into. Now I know, and I have the scar to prove it.

Stopping his stirring he faces the camera once more, pointing to the line of stitches on his forehead.

This is the result of an idiot kid, who felt like debuting in his first ever match against five of the toughest sons-a-bitches in the world was a good idea, and was as easy a concept of any. Not so. And this scar, which the doctor's say may even be permanent, will remain a constant reminder to never underestimate anything. Nothing. And that's the message I'll be taking into Warfare against the "Lionheart".

Resting his arm back onto the table, he puts his other hand into his jeans pocket. He looks down for a couple of seconds, possibly looking at a phone, and looks back up. Taking one final swallow of the coffee, he places the mug on the tray, grabs a couple of dollars out of his pocket and puts that next to the mug as payment.

I now know what I must do in order to ensure my victory on Wednesday. And throughout the past few days, I've been doing what was necessary, pushing my body high above it's physical peak, working each and every muscle to their limits, and conjuring up infinitely different possibilities, techniques, and maneuvers, that will conclude to my victory in the end. The match may not mean much in terms of whether it will push my career forward, but it's just as important that I get the win in this fight, as it is any other fight.

Someone leaves the coffee shop as the bell goes once again. A strong gust of wind blows into the shop, kicking up a breeze that is seen and heard by the camera. After the door closes, Smoke concludes his statement with a smile on his face.

The winds are changing, and with it, the smoke draws near. And within that smoke...

Hides a predator.

Smoke Man leaves a tip in change, gets up and leaves while the camera fades to black.

[Image: logosmoke_zpsfca57577.png]

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
4x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Edit Hate Post Like Post