Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 06:10 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Lion's Den - Part 1
Smoke Away
://location_unknown---

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

08-30-2013, 01:15 PM

OOC Sidenote: It is strongly recommended you read this first. It's not part of my Roleplays for this week, but it links the War Games match and these sets of RPs.

His eyes drift open to a brilliant white light. The first thing he feels is a comfortable bed that lifts his wait perfectly, and a pillow so plump, you'd think it were candyfloss. The quilts drape him as if he were an Ancient Egyptian mummy, freshly washed and clear of anything but it's own cloth. Daniel still remembers all that had transpired. Every bit of it.

He had contacted Giovanni Ferrari to be the first of his team to enter the War Games match. He was going into it thinking it was his chance to prove himself, but it turned out to be a stupid decision if there ever was one. This is because later on that day, Mr. Radio suddenly jumped him to defeat him for the FTW Championship, leaving Daniel unconscious on the street for 7 hours bleeding catastrophically out of a cut in his temple that Mr. Radio had given him after repeated blows against the bonnet of a near-by car. 7 hours later he managed to call for a medical team at roadside where they did a quick stitch-up, but his match was later on that day in about 12 hours, not nearly enough time to heal. Since he was first in the War Games match, Daniel had been through it all, every single brutal assault, every bump and bruise. All of which did untold amounts of damage. In the end it had seemingly paid off with the victory, but at what cost? The wound re-opened and worsened, forcing the XWF medical staff to spend an hour placing 21 tightly-packed stitches on his temple. The unprecedented amount of blood lost left Smoke concussed and bitterly wounded.

And that's why he is here, sleeping backstage in the XWF's medical department waiting for the so-called 'doctors' to permit him to go home. Daniel thinks to himself: 'After one fucking match I'm lying in a bed and waiting to be told that I can go home. Just my luck.'

Daniel just lies back and looks up to the ceiling, stretching his bed-ridden limbs. He tries to make a pattern in the designs on the roof tiles, trying to get his mind straight. Everything was a blur after the match last night, but every punch, kick and slap to the face is still vividly clear in his mind. Daniel remembers about kneeing Peter Gilmour in the nuts and silently chuckles.

So deserved. Best thing that happened last night.

He didn't quite realise he said that aloud until he hears footsteps against the marble floor, clip-clopping in his direction, and coming closer. A nurse soon stands looming over him, clipboard in hand, top two buttons undone to 'show off' a large pair of breasts, her lips pouted with striking red lipstick lining them, as well as a pair of earrings with sparkling pink flamingos, of all things. How uncanny.

Daniel watches her look down at the clipboard, back up at him, examine him quietly, then write something down, read something, look at him and so-on-and-so-forth. Daniel didn't know what she was writing, nor did he care, so he looked back at the ceiling to look at some badass-squiggles-and-shit, until:

You are Daniel W, correct?

Daniel's eyes suddenly dart around his bed. He doesn't quite understand that she said it until he looks at her. His mind was jumbled and startled.

Er, yea-yeah.

Only now did he notice that she is chewing something. She looks up from the clipboard and smirks, curving those lips in a way that displayed sexiness and danger. She turns the clipboard around, raising her face as she does it, and passes it over to Daniel. He's not quite sure what to make of it but takes it anyway. A pen is attached to the top right corner. A large dotted line takes up two third of the bottom of the page. The writing is as small as an ant, all but illegible without a magnifying glass. Another two sheets of paper are flopped over the back of the clipboard, must've been what the nurse was writing on.

What's this?

It's a contract.

She must think he's fucking stupid with the tone of voice she gave him. Daniel looks up at her, curiously, not angrily. He sees her blow a large bubble of pink gum and then go back to chewing it.

I can see that but what is it a contract for?

She rolls her eyes, smirking all the time, and then looking back at him with a seductive look in her eye.

The contract to say you are legally well enough to go home and compete next Wednesday.

Daniel must look like he just had his cheek smacked by one of Mr. XWF's ice cold dildos, because the nurse giggled a little more than one usually would.

Next Wednesday!? As in this upcoming Wednesday?!

The nurse nodded. Still smiling. Still chewing. With her goddamn mouth open.

Daniel held his head with his free hand, trying to comprehend the reasoning behind the contract.

I can't compete on Wednesday! I almost bled to death the past two nights, how the hell am I supposed to fight on Wednesday?

The girl - Daniel refused to call her a nurse anymore - shrugs as if she wasn't really listening and spits her gum into the bin next to Daniel's bed. She then looks at Daniel, leaning on the mattress. He expands his eyes, waiting for an answer and she just shrugs her shoulders again.

'Bitch.' Daniel thinks to himself.

He looks back down at the contract. He couldn't read the bloody thing anyway but it kept him from further interaction with the girl at the end of his bed. Suddenly, the weight next two his feet lifts, and Daniel looks up to see the girl just about ready to go.

Oh yeah, while you were out some guy put a sheet of paper on your table next to you. You'd better have a look at it.

'No shit.'

Then she's gone.

Daniel leans over to the table and slips up the sheet of paper. He leans it against the clipboard and reads it. It is scrawled in handwriting on a lined piece of paper which had been folded previously.

Smoke Man,
We are very pleased with your performance last night in the War Games contest, and we want you back and competing as soon as possible. We've been hard at work organizing your match for next week, and we think the best way to settle you in would be a regular one-on-one contest. We've put you against an opponent you've been interacting with a lot in your previous match, and we feel the two of you will perform a tremendous match on Wednesday. This man is the "Lionheart" Mike Harrison.

If a member of XWF medical approaches you with a set of documents, let them sort out the paperwork to release you early, and then sign the contract for the match. You can either wait until they permit you, or get out there now and train your ass of for Wednesday. I know you won't disappoint.

You wanted your chance, and now it's here.

Daniel reads it through and just looks at the sheet, at the words, trying to digest what has been offered. This person, whoever it was, has just offered an early release from the XWF medical centre and a match to boot. He wanted to think it was the GMs, but his gut was giving him a different opinion.

'I wanted to get out of here,' Daniel thinks, 'I wanted to find Minxs. I wanted to train as well.'

He releases a deep-breath and continues his train of thought.

'Whoever they are, they're right. I need out now if I'm to compete on Wednesday, and lord knows I want to so badly.

Daniel folds up the sheet and places it back on the bedside table. He takes the pen and signs his name on the dotted line, triumphantly placing the clipboard back on top of the sheet.

And now, he waits.

[Image: logosmoke_zpsfca57577.png]

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
4x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Edit Hate Post Like Post