Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-12-2024, 10:37 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Matter of Time (TV #1 Contender Match-RP #4)
Swift Ion Offline
Plagiarism

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

(always cheered; has massive following; almost never cheats)

08-29-2013, 11:03 AM

Ion is talking backstage to the camera man.

[Image: 1351980309-justin-gabriel-backstage.png]

"There are a million platitudes that could describe how great you are, but you already know how good I am. If you don't, then you're not paying attention. I am finally getting booked constantly aand its great and the right way again, and before 2013 is out, I will be one of XWF's top stars. It isn't just being a great wrestler that makes me great. There are a lot of factors that go into a XWF Superstar's success. There might not be an exact science or formula behind it, but there are definitely boxes that get checked off on a list of attributes a XWF Superstar must possess."

Ion starts to smile.

[Image: 300sjro.jpg]

"One of the best parts about me is my consistency. I've never seem to have a bad
match, and I always make everything look easy. There are so many Superstars who seem to have a regular speed and a PPV speed. I've always perform at my best, and it makes me stand out from the rest of the roster. There
are other guys who are like that, and they are usually the guys at the top. Juan Madison and John Black are not where they are because they are the most charismatic. It's because they put on the best matches every single night instead of once a month. Mr. Radio, I'm becoming one of those guys.
I can wrestle you down to the mat, take you down with a punch, or go up top for a
moonsault. I'm really the swords of wrestlers. I'm a very intelligent guy who can be
pretty entertaining in the right situations, but whenever I'm backstage, In-Ring, or anywhere else in the ring, you can tell I'm more comfortable than when I'm talking to a crowd. But that doesn't mean I can't cut a promo. I've had plenty of great exchanges
with everyone from JTC to Andrew to Mr. Radio. I might not be the most charismatic
Superstar in wrestling history, but I do pretty well for myself considering I dont have a goofy gimmick from which to get material. Some wrestlers can get through a promo by pulling material from their character, whether it's a stupid catchphrase or a personality quirk. Other than the period where he wore a plastic mask, I've has always been a pretty unpredictable guy. All I have that makes me stand out is a beard and I am portraying a werewolf. I only have to rely on my promos, my moves, my image, and I do a great job."

Ion looks a little more serious.

"My run is going to be very interesting to watch; you haven't seen me full force yet. Hopefully fans continue to take me to the limit. Some wrestlers have broken the mold, but there is no denying that having the right look
can make or break your career in XWF. I don't have to worry in this category.
I'm a good-looking guy with a well-defined physique. I stand out as being in better shape than anyone else on this Roster, that's for sure. Let's say someone who has not watched wrestling in several years has a child who
starts to watch wrestling. Naturally, the parent starts to watch with the child every so
often. One day they see Ion name appear on the screen and they go, "Hey! I know his brother, Zema Ion." Making that kind of connection across
generations is the type of thing that makes wrestling fans start to watch again after giving it up for a long time. It might not be fair that family connections can help you get a job, but it happens
everywhere. No line of work is free of nepotism. When you sign a XWF contract, you may as well forget all your previous accomplishments
in wrestling, because they mean nothing. You
won't be billed as a former ROH or TNA champion.
You are a rookie when you sign that contract, plain and simple. I didn't have to worry about shedding a bad indy rep or having people ignore my other accomplishments, because I'm a XWF
guy through and through."

Ion gets closer to the camera.

"I signed to the company in March, 2013 when I was just a 21-year-old accomplished
amateur wrestler who grew up in the business. Heyman must have been salivating
when they signed that deal.
XWF was able to build me into their ideal image of a wrestler and they did it in a very
short amount of time. Just over two weeks after signing with the company, I made my Madness debut. Some guys spend years in the indy circuit, and then a few more in developmental before ever
seeing a spot on the main roster. It took me two weeks. I'm on a path to becoming the TV champion Radio. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when."

The camera fades away, when Ion walks away.

[Image: Bleacher-Report_logo.jpg]
[Image: ap19.PNG]]

Finisher: Copy and paste!
Edit Hate Post Like Post